Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I Wonder What Would Happen if I Poke My Head in . . . ((Jeni and Thalia))

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: I Wonder What Would Happen if I Poke My Head in . . . ((Jeni and Thalia))   June 9th 2010, 10:05 pm

Perfectly content sitting beneath the beaming Sun on a dull June day, Laura Arai was taking in the smell of the ocean. Although Poseidon wasn't her mother's favorite person (adding Hephaestus to that list), Laura still loved the smell of the ocean. She loved splashing in the salty water and going for a nice swim. Even the way the salty water got up her nose didn't seem all too bad. Oh and the sunsets. Those must've been one of the prettiest things that she had ever seen. Either a sunset on the beach, or an incoming storm, they were both pretty even.

Suddenly, there was a disturbance in the sky. A gray storm cloud seemed to be rolling in fast towards camp. Did that mean camp was going to get a storm? It would be the first one that Laura had seen since she had arrived at camp. From the looks of the clouds it seemed that this wouldn't be any ordinary little rain either. There had been the occasional sprinkle here and there, but camp had yet to get an actual storm, thunder, lightning, the works. Just the thought of an actual thunderstorm put little anime sparkles in her eyes. It had been so long since she had been able to sit by a window side and watch the rain beat down as lightning flashed in the background.

When the first drops of rain began to fall, Laura looked up to be sure that it was actually raining and that it wasn't just Mrs. O'leary, the camp friendly hell-hound, slobbering on her head. Sure enough, the Sun was no longer visible and in it's place were some angry looking storm clouds. Usually they just darted around camp, but this time they were right over top. Someone must've done something pretty bad to tick Zeus off this much. What they had done was the real question.

Reluctantly, Laura got up from her comfy spot in the sand and began to shake all the sand off. Once most of the sand was removed, she began to jog back towards the center of camp, not that she would've minded getting caught in the rain. Rain, was in fact, her favorite type of weather. She loved the petrichor, and the wetness of the grass. Running through the wet grass was often something she did after a light rain, if she did it after a heavy rain then her feet would end up getting muddy.

Just as she passed the Arts and Crafts building, Laura couldn't help but stop and listen to the drunken laughter and hiccups of a familiar Camp director. Mr. D had finally given into his want for wine. This made sense, he was the Greek God of wine after all. She hadn't been expecting him to crack though. From what she knew he hated looking after camp and only had about 40 some years left. If only he had kept up that much longer he could've had all the wine he wanted AND he would've been away from the camp. Now he would probably have at the very least, 50 more years added on. This led her to ponder who would become camp director once Mr. D left, because one day he surely would. Her first thought was Chiron, but he was activities director. Could one be both Camp Director and Activities Director? If anyone could then Chiron would be able to.

Drip! Drip! Drip! Oh goodness! Now Laura was dripping furiously due to the now heavy rain! She began to run towards the cabins, but of course curiosity came across her. She had never been inside the Zeus Cabin, and Jeni had just recently been claimed. On Top of that, apparently Thalia was around. She was unsure if Thalia would be with the Hunters in the Artemis cabin, or if she had decided to visit her new sister. It couldn't have been very often that Thalia was able to meet any of her new siblings, so why not take the chance to meet them?

Running towards the Zeus cabin, the rain began to beat down harder. Just as she reached the first step towards the door, thunder went off! This spooked the daughter of Athena so badly that she fell backwards off the step and into the freshly made mud! She stood up quickly and rushed up the stairs onto the porch. Once under the cover of the porch, she began to furiously knock on the door.

"Jeni?! Are you in there?! Please let me in!!" Laura nearly yelled from the outside of the door. She loved being caught in a light rain, but a heavy downpour was no fun! Besides, if she had wanted to get as wet as she was then she would've just jumped into the Sound! Zeus didn't have to take it upon himself to pour water from the sky right on top of her!

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Rainbow ninjas riding on purple unicorns with cyan pandas!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thaliaspinetree.forumotions.net
Thalia Grace

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder What Would Happen if I Poke My Head in . . . ((Jeni and Thalia))   June 9th 2010, 10:29 pm

Thalia as always, was hanging out in the Artemis cabin with the other hunters. At times they got boring-mostly because they were all pre-teenage girls with a few older ones here and there. They recruited many new hunters over the past year, so the girls were all talking about gossiping and such stuff. The only relief was that there was no boy talking- at all. There was an occasional 'He was really stupid' or 'He was the most terrible guy I ever met!' but otherwise, their mouths stayed shut. The only thing was that Thalia was friends with boys, and really didn't entirely hate them. The reason she had joined the hunters in the first place was to save everybody- and herself.

Getting bored, Thalia got up from lounging on one of the bunks. She picked up her black chucks, slipped them on, and walked out the door. Recently, she had figured out that she had a new sibling. Someone named Renny or some odd name like that. Or she just heard it wrong. Of course, Thalia could care less what her name was. She never got used to the fact that she did have siblings. Looking at the sky, she could feel something was wrong. It was the whole daughter-of-Zeus thing. This time, she knew that the weather would not past the camp. Not being worried of getting struck by lightning or anything out of the sort, she took her time. Thalia had no idea where she wanted to go.

Still walking past the cabins, she was almost to the woods when she found a familiar place out of the corner of her eye. It was her cabin. The Zeus cabin. Thalia hadn't walked inside of there since they had gotten back from Olympus after she became a hunter. She went in there to pack all of her stuff. She didn't know why she didn't like to go back in there, maybe because it was lonely, or maybe because it reminded her of too many things.

Thinking about whether to just walk in there or not, thoughts ran through her mind. Am I even allowed to go back in there? Wait... I am still his daughter.. but what if my..sister is in there? It finally occurred to her that none of these thoughts really mattered, so she picked herself up and walked up the steps. Here goes nothing... Thalia said, walking in the door. Luckily, that other girl wasn't in there yet. Looking behind her, she saw that it started raining. Right Again!

Thalia plopped herself on one of the bunks, trying to make herself feel at home. Suddenly realizing that the bunk she sat on was the old one she used, she looked at the wall beside it. There were still chips in the wall from the tape ripping off part of it. Her old posters used to hang in there, mostly Fall Out Boy and those kinds of bands. Ready to take a nap, she heard a knock at the door of the cabin. Please don't let it be her...

"Jeni?! Are you in there?! Please let me in!!" Thalia heard, from a voice that was unfamiliar to her. Ohh so my sister's name is Jeni! It was pouring outside, so she got out from the bed and went over to the door. Opening it up, she saw another camper. "What do you want?" Thalia asked the girl. She tried to think if she knew her or not, and realized it was one of Annabeth's siblings, but couldn't remember her name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder What Would Happen if I Poke My Head in . . . ((Jeni and Thalia))   June 9th 2010, 11:13 pm

When a girl who could only be known as Thalia opened the door to the Zeus cabin, Laura's face turned red from embarrassment. Only having heard about Thalia, she was in a bit of shock. She had been told quite a few stories about her. The epic tale of her standing behind so her friends could escape beyond camp borders. The story of her returning from her state as a pine tree. Oh yes, she had heard quite a few stories. Although her expression wasn't exactly star struck, it was pretty surprised. . . . with a side of intimidated. For her to be intimidated meant a lot seeing as she wasn't very often. Like quite a few campers, her tone seemed hostile, but Thalia's had a bit of something else to it.

"I-I apologise for disturbing you! I was looking for Jeni, as you probably heard." As for the 'What do you want?' part, Laura was at a lost. It was probably very peculiar that she was out wandering during a thunderstorm, something that didn't happen very often. She desperately tried to think of why she had come, but nothing came to mind. If she said that she was just dropping by for a visit she would sound like a moron. Who would deliberately go out during a storm to visit someone? If she said she wasn't able to make it to her cabin in time for the storm, that would sound even dumber. The Athena cabin wasn't all that far away from the Zeus cabin and she had come from the Sound, so it would've made more sense to just walk to the Athena cabin.

"Curiosity just seemed to get the best of me I guess," said Laura. A shiver was sent down her spine as her skin slowly began to dry and the winds picked up. Soon enough, thunder boomed again, making her jump up and turn towards what seemed to be the source. Just as she turned, lightning struck down in the center of the cabins, almost right on the fountain! Her eyes widened as she let out a surprised 'Eep'.

Still hoping that Jeni might be in the cabin, Laura spoke, "Uhmm well is Jeni in?" The moment she asked, she knew it was a stupid question. Seeing as she had been banging on the door yelling 'Jeni' it would only be obvious that Jeni should open the door. It was too late now though, the words were already out of her mouth. She might as well just stick around and hear what Thalia had to say about it.

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Rainbow ninjas riding on purple unicorns with cyan pandas!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thaliaspinetree.forumotions.net
Jeni Carter

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler'll be the face in the window, you see. Look down, an you should see me under the glass panel in the floor.

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder What Would Happen if I Poke My Head in . . . ((Jeni and Thalia))   June 9th 2010, 11:44 pm

Jeni sat under Thalia’s Pine, listening to her iPod. Sure, she should have been somewhere else, like the Sound or something, but right then she didn’t care. She heard that the Hunters where here…meaning that Thalia was here. Oh come on! She’s your sister! Why wouldn’t she like you? But there was still that doubt, that gnawing sensation to achieve SOMEONE’S approval. But then again, she did get Lord Zeus’s...or did she?

Jeni looked up at the sky; there was an ominous storm cloud heading straight for camp…and it didn’t seem like it would just be the nice light rain that there had been the past few days. “Great…well, see ya Pealus.” She said, getting up and starting to head towards her cabin. She pressed play, and ‘Stand in the Rain’ by Superchick poured for the ear buds. It wasn’t like she was in a hurry or anything; she liked the rain. Sure, she’d end up soaking wet and cold, but she honestly didn’t care.

As the rain started to fall, Jeni pulled up her hood. She quickened her pace when she saw another figure run to the Zeus Cabin door. They looked like they said something, and then the door opened. “Dang Hermes kids…” she muttered, breaking into a run as more thunder sounded. Jeni skidded to a stop, a few feet away from the cabin, not realizing the dirt + rain = mud, and slid onto her butt, landing in a huge thing of mud, catching a phrase that relieved her of her fears. Well, is Jeni in?

“Well, she’s not in, but she’s right here.” She said, walking up behind Laura, and standing beside her and giving a small smile to the girl standing in the door way. Jeni pushed past them both, unzipping her hoodie and tossing it on the floor. “Come on in Laura!” she called from her bad, where she was taking off her boots. “I mean, if you don’t mind or anything…” she said, looking at Thalia.

-gives cookie to Astra-

Thanks Thalia!!

Avvie and Siggy by deh amazing Laura!!!
__ __ __ __

Give me Thunder, I'll be strong.
Give me Lightning, I'll never budge.
This much I promise you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://z7.invisionfree.com/Olympus_Hazard/index.php?act=idx
Thalia Grace

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder What Would Happen if I Poke My Head in . . . ((Jeni and Thalia))   June 15th 2010, 9:58 pm

((ZOMG! Laura! its totally working Very Happy))

The girl stuttered, seeming surprised. She was asking for Jeni, who wasn't in the cabin. Looking outside, it was pouring, with thunder booming outside and lighting striking different places. Her dad must of been pretty upset if a storm was hitting Camp Half-Blood. It never rained, it was always sunny and nice. The clouds in the distance always missed them. Until today. Looking at the girl in the doorway, she seemed reluctant to get out of the rain. Thalia really just wanted to have her time in the Zeus cabin, but she knew that at some point her new sister would come running into the cabin, along with her friend. Thalia was deciding whether to just leave the cabin when they all came in, mostly because she wasn't really one of those people who went along chatting with some people that she didn't know.

"Curiosity just seemed to get the best of me I guess," the other girl replied. "Yeah well next time-" Thalia started, but then lightning all of a sudden hit somewhere near the cabin, making the other girl jump. Thalia was sort of scared, but kept it hidden. In the past, she was afraid of lighting hitting something she was in, on, or even just her. Quickly shoving that thought out of her mind, she looked back at her. "Uhmm well is Jeni in?" the girl said, looking like she was still hoping that Thalia's sister was in the cabin. Ready to say, 'No' to make the other demigod go away, her sister pops up out of nowhere.

“Well, she’s not in, but she’s right here.” Jeni said, also letting Laura come in while Thalia was still blocking the doorway. Jeni simply nudged by her and went inside the cabin. Great... Thalia thought, kind of surprised at the sight of her sister. Thalia turned around to see Jeni plopping down by the bunk opposite of Thalia's former one, and took off her muddy boots. Moving aside to let Laura inside, and pushing the door open, she looked outside. Thalia thought that the thunderstorm wouldn't be there quite long, but it was still pouring outside.

“I mean, if you don’t mind or anything…” Jeni addressed to Thalia, and all she could get out of her mouth was, "Er.. I don't mind." She wasn't really the person for long responses or deep conversations. Still opening the door open for Jeni's friend, she waited until she came inside the cabin to get out of the rain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Wonder What Would Happen if I Poke My Head in . . . ((Jeni and Thalia))   

Back to top Go down

I Wonder What Would Happen if I Poke My Head in . . . ((Jeni and Thalia))
Page 1 of 1