Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

As long as I'm safe (OPEN)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   February 7th 2010, 11:19 pm

That hill far from where she lay... that was it. That was her sanctuary. The loud blare of car horns roused Cara Trickton from a deep sleep. She shifted to a sitting position and looked around her, trying to remember where she was. Cara picked up her cloak which she had rolled up to use as a pillow the night before and watched the cars drive right in front of where she had been sleeping. That's right, she had been sleeping under an overpass, close to some kind of... farm road.

So far, New York had been pretty safe. There were less policemen on her trail, but they were still there. Cara had to keep going lest she get caught. The ten-year-old girl unrolled the long cloak and pulled it over her shoulders. It cascaded behind her like a bride's wedding veil only it was black. Cara sighed and rolled the cloak back up again. She couldn't wait until it fit her perfectly.

Cara's stomach growled, but she ignored it for a moment. What she neeeded to find out now was where she was headed to next and how she was going to get there. There was a map Cara had seen a few miles back, but there was no way she was risking that! The cops probably had seen that she was there! So it looked like Cara was in for another day of aimless wandering. She felt tears sting her eyes. She hated this! Cara just hated the whole thing! All she wanted to do now was just to collapse on the underpass' concrete floor and cry. She knew she couldn't though. That would be weak, and Cara wasn't one to show weakness.

Her dirty hand wiped the muddy tears from her grimy face and started off, hitchhiking down the farm road. Now there was one thing about New Yorkers, they didn't care for just any old orphan, especially a dirty one like Cara. So she kept to the side roads gravel crunching underfoot. Cara thought about what had happened in the past few months. Her murder... the crime she had committed. She bit her lip and glanced behind her, expecting to see a police cruiser coming up from behind. It wasn't her fault!...

Cara's knees were weak and weary even after only a few minutes of walking. Her stomach growled low and irritated while her dry lips begged for water. She kept pushing herself forward, not wanting to stop for a second. 'Just a few more minutes,' she told herself, 'Then I'll stop.' That revelation was when the large, lush green hill came into view.

The sight made Cara stop in her tracks. Her head tilted backward as if that would help her see what was at the very top. Not many cars were traveling on this part of the road... it was only seven o' clock in the morning after all. She could've just kept going... but something about this Hill, an aura drew Cara toward it. Even with her legs wailing in pain, Cara began to climb the Hill. Cara's condition got worse with every agonizing step, but Cara had convinced herself that she would be safe on that hilltop, that once she was there, she needn't worry about food, water or shelter anymore.

Grrr... Cara was halfway up the crest of the hill when she heard the sound. At first she just dismissed it as her stomach grumbling again but a rustle to her left made her look. A horrible mistake on her part. A dog, no a Jack and the Beanstalk Giant Dog was crouching down, its hind in the air. Cara's mouth made an 'o' like a fish out of water. Grrrr.... Cara didn't even need an invitation, she ran.

"HELP!" She screamed. "SOMEONE HELP ME!" The thick thump-thump assured Cara of her fear, the dog was still chasing her. The pain or tiredness didn't even register anymore and soon the top of the hill came into view. "HELP!" She screamed one last desperate time before hurling herself at a tall pine tree right at the top. Her arms huggged the trunk of the tree almost the same time her head slammed against it. Cara blacked out just as someone ran to the rescue...
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   February 8th 2010, 7:18 pm

Laura had been walking up towards Thalia's Pine tree with a notebook in hand with ideas swarming in her head. Her pencil was in her other hand and she was messing with it single handedly. She was already deep into her own world when she heard a cry of help as she reached the tree. She jolted out of her world of make-believe and back into the real world. A young girl was clutching Thalia's tree and a Hellhound was right behind her.

She hadn't meant to be harsh. Laura merely meant to gently push her onto the right side of the border so she would be safe, but it turned out to be more of a mean looking shove. Either way it didn't matter. She had thrown her notebook and pencil to who knows where before she reached for her pocket and withdrew One. The celestial dagger shone in the sunlight, it was nearly blinding. Momentarily she stepped over the border and slashed at the Hellhound. The beast let out a howl before turning to dust. She let One retransform before running to the girl's side.

"Hey! Are you okay?!" Laura nearly yelled before she realized that the girl was unconcious. She wasn't sure what to do, so she would just take her to the Big House and hope one of Apollo's kids would be around. Before she took the girl into her arms she searched for her pencil and notebook. Once she found them the took them in her mouth and lifted the girl. She had tried to get to the Big House as fast as possible. She looked around for anyone. The girl was starting to get a bit heavy. Laura wasn't the strongest kid at camp.

(Hint hint. . . someone entrance NOW!))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thaliaspinetree.forumotions.net

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   March 13th 2010, 8:47 pm

((XD since no one 'entered' like...a month ago, I'll just post again....its going to be scary short -headdesk-))

Cara was blacked out, slumped against the large pine tree. Oddly enough, she had faced worse injuries than crashing into trees, so she regained consciousness pretty quickly. She kept her eyes closed and breathed deeply in and out so it seemed that she was still out cold. It was a technique she learned out in the streets. Cara didn't know where she was or who came to her rescue, she just knew she was in a foreign place, with a stranger who had picked her up and was now carrying her deeper into the unknown. Even though Cara thought that this was the place that would finally accept her, it was still strange and foreign to her. I mean, what kind of wacky place has GIANT DOGS outside their gates?!

The pace of the stranger slowed down, and Cara racked her brain, thinking of a way to get away from her. Her right hand which was dangling down and hidden within the cloak, slowly curled into a fist. Eyes snapping open, and with an angry roar, the small fist flew and found its mark on the other girl's windpipe. Hopefully the punch had enough strength so that the strange girl would drop her. Cara was fine, really...just scared out of her mind. Being carried off by a stranger didn't help the situation any.
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   March 14th 2010, 5:38 pm

Just as Laura was about to collapse the girl seemed to awaken. Before she knew it, the stranger punched her right in the windpipe. At this she toppled over and the girl flew a foot or two away from her. She coughed several times and sputtered once before speaking. "Is that how you treat someone who just saved your life!" she yelled at the girl. "I should've just left you at Thalia's Pine Tree to die! Then you'd be sorry!" She was infuriated. Not once had she ever been punched for helping someone! She wanted nothing more then to give the girl on the ground a good kick! Of course, she couldn't do that. She didn't feel like getting in any trouble. "Ya know some people would THANK someone who just saved them!" she continued to rant a bit.

Rising to her feet, she began to walk away from the girl. She turned to her and sneered. "If you wanted to die so badly you shouldn't have called out for help," Laura continued to walk away. As she was walking away, feelings of hate began to rise for the girl. She had been punched for helping! Gwah! Why was the world so complicated? Then again, this girl had just found her way here, she had been attacked by a hellhound then found herself being carried away by some random person. Laura sighed in defeat as she turned back to the girl.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you or whatever," Laura said through gritted teeth. Her expression softened up slightly, but not much. "My name's Laura, what's yours." She would try and at least build up a little bit of trust before getting this girl help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   March 15th 2010, 3:55 pm

The reaction to the punch was almost instant. That didn't mean that it was good. The strange girl dropped Cara, no, more like tossed her onto the ground. Cara tried to roll to lessen the impact, but the roll was sloppy and she fell on her shoulder. "Ow," Cara muttered matter-of-factly and held the shoulder as the girl coughed and spluttered. A sort of concern rose in the ten-year old. Was she ok? Did Cara hit her too hard? The concern was replaced with icy fear when the girl started to yell at her. Cara opened her mouth to speak, but the only sounds that came out were small and insignificant.

'I should've just left you at Thalia's Pine Tree to die!' That snarl made Cara back up just an inch. What was the girl going to do? Was she going to kill Cara or something? Cara's fist clenched again, ok if this girl wanted to kill Cara, she was going to go down fighting. The strange girl continued to ramble on about how Cara should've thanked her instead of punching her. Cara's fist loosened just a bit. Ok, that was probably true. The girl did save her life after all. If she had bad wishes toward Cara, the girl could've just left her at that place, Thalia's Pine Tree, to get eaten by that dog. Instead, she risked her life to save her. Cara felt really sheepish at that moment. But as she was about to apologize, the girl got up and started to walk away.

Cara started to panic. The only person she ever met in this strange place was leaving her? As far as Cara was concerned, this place was some kind of wacky shack asylum! She didn't know what kind of psychos she could run into here. "W-wait!" Oh how pathetic. Her voice came out only as a simple squeak and the girl just kept right on walking. Cara stood up, ready to follow the girl when she turned abruptly around. Cara let out a tiny yelp and jumped back, landing on her butt yet again.

The girl introduced herself as Laura. Laura seemed to be more calm than the last few minutes, but Cara was still a bit afraid that she might explode again. Laura asked for Cara's name and the ten-year-old bit her lip. "Cara," She replied, still feeling small and timid. "S-sorry about, you know, not thanking you... A-and punching you." She pushed some of her hair out from in front of her dirty face.
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   March 15th 2010, 6:58 pm

The fists that were once clenched, were no longer. "It's fine, I've felt far worse pain," Laura said as she put one hand on her neck. It kinda did still hurt, but not much. "Besides it looks like you've been injured pretty badly." That moment, she wanted nothing more then to reach out to the girl and wipe the dirt from her face. Her motherly instinct had kicked in. She was slightly afraid that if she touched the girl her hand would be slapped away. Instead she offered out a hand. "Well let's get you cleaned up. Sound good? How long's it been since you've had a nice hot shower?" she asked the girl. She wasn't trying to embaress the girl, she just wanted to know honestly.

"Well Cara, have you ever heard of the Greek Gods?" This girl seemed a little younger then the ones who usually found their way to Camp so she may not've heard of them, but then again anyone could surprise you. "If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" Laura was really curious. A daughter of Athena naturally was. She seemed pretty young, but sizes could fool you.

((Whoops sorry it's soooo short D:))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   March 16th 2010, 7:39 pm

Cara saw Laura's fist unclench and she relaxed. Hey, even though she had lived in the streets, Cara was still just ten years old. It was kind of hard to think of EVERYONE as an enemy. Laura commented on how it didn't hurt that much and that she'd experienced worse pain. That did two things for Cara. Relax her even more and freak her out...at the same time. The fact that the older girl had experienced worse pain assured Cara that she wasn't really hurt and made her a bit more wary of the place she was sitting in the middle of. I mean, what kind of wacky place made it that someone had experienced worse pain than a punch to the windpipe. Of course, Cara wasn't the strongest person in the world, but Laura did fall back and start yelling... that meant it hurt.

Laura continued on on how Cara looked injured herself, and not meaning to be rude, Cara made a sort of annoyed face. She was fine... well except for the shock of being chased by a giant dog and being thrown to the ground by Laura. The look vanished quickly when Laura offered a hand and mentioned getting her 'cleaned up' as she put it. Cara stood up. It was stupid, but Cara felt a rush of relief. 'How long's it been sinve you've had a nice, hot shower?' Cara shifted her feet, a bit embarrased. She looked back up, and smiled weakly. Cara pushed back the long back of her cloak and gestured to the clothes she wore underneath. "I stole these last week," She said. "Does that count?"

"Greek gods?" Talk about a random subject. Cara blinked and thought for a moment. "Um, my mom used to tell me stories." She lowered her voice a bit when it came to 'mom'. "And I'm ten years old. Why? How old are you?" Cara had her head cocked to one side, just looking at Laura. She was probably the most inquisitvie person Cara had ever met.
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   April 26th 2010, 4:58 pm

When Cara's face twisted in annoyance, Laura immediately looked sorry. She hadn't meant to annoy the girl, she was just a bit concerned seeing as she was covered in dirt and she had multiple cuts, bruises ect. and they could be infected. If they were infected then she would be in a bit of pain. Then again, this girl had pretty much just taken a dive down the hill when she was punched without making one sound of distress. She was tougher then she looked. "Sorry, just a bit concerned. Some of your cuts could be infected and that wouldn't be all to comfortable at all." Again her motherly instinct cut in again. She really had to learn to controll it better. It would be difficult, especially around this girl. Cara just looked so helpless and innocent, but she really wasn't either.

Cara stood up, disregarding her hand, Laura couldn't help but feel a bit insulted, but she wouldn't let it take over. As she replied to her shower question, she couldn't help but give a good chuckle. "Stealing," she paused for a moment as she began to walk down the hill, "You any good at it?" she asked curiously. Possibly a hint as to who her greek parent was. Then again most demigods who had run away had built up this trait and Cara looked as if she had run away. "Nah I don't really think that would count. Sorry, no dice!" She exclaimed.

"Really? Only ten years old? That's pretty early. . . . " Laura muttered to herself as they reached the Big House. She continued to walk past the Big House onto the bathrooms where Cara could shower. "Well age is no matter, the fact is that you're here now and you should be fully aware that. . . . I'll finish my sentance after you take a shower. Wait here." She spoke with a wink before heading off to her cabin. She picked out one of her older camp shirts, still in good condition and some shorts that were probably a bit too big then jogged back to the showers with all that and a towel in hand.

"Here," Laura said as she handed the items to Cara. "There's soap and shampoo in the showers. If you just leave your clothes outside your stall I'll take them to go get washed. Don't worry about your cloak though, I'll be extra careful with it." The cloak seemed pretty special to the girl. It seemed as if the two had been through quite a lot together.

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Rainbow ninjas riding on purple unicorns with cyan pandas!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   June 16th 2010, 12:32 am

((-feels so ashamed at posting 3 months late- -.-))

Laura looked sorry and Cara assumed the same expression. Whoops, she forgot that this girl was actually trying to help her. "I-" She started, but Laura quickly apologized first. The street rat looked down and dug her shoe into the ground, only getting it dirtier. Cara pulled her foot out of the dirt and stared intently at the dark brown coating, tuning out Laura's apology. Not on purpose of course... she was just never able to stay still. Then the word 'infected' reached her ears. Her eyes dilated and her mouth dropped open in fear. She snapped her jaw and cast a sideways glance at a small cut on the back of her hand. Infected?! She imagined tiny little germs with gigantic teeth cackling and making their way into the wound. "Eh..." And when she looked up, Laura was already launched into another conversation, walking down the opposite side of the hill.

Cara followed, having to run to keep up with the girl's fast pace. "S-stealing?" She repeated the word. "I never wanted to do it... I'm not THAT good. I always get caught." Her last sentence was drowned out with Laura's exclamation and Cara laughed a bit nervously. She was sure the enthusiastic one.

She took a step to the left farther away from Laura, then was caught by house. The structure was HUGE and....blue. Yup, no other words to describe the house but huge and blue. She expected to go in the house and have something to eat and is if on cue, her stomach gurgled. 'Really? Only ten years old? That's pretty early...' Cara turned on Laura and hunger was replaced with indignation. Without realizing it, Cara found herself off to the side of the house, in front of what looked like shower stalls. Hm, a shower THEN something to eat. That would be nice...

'Wait here.' NEH?! Laura was just leaving her there?! What if another one of those monsters came again?! She watched nervously as Laura walked toward the hill again and over the crest. But Cara didn't have to worry long because soon Laura came back over the crest with some things in hand. When Laura got closer, Cara saw that it was an old looking shirt and a pair of shorts...also looking tattered. Hah! Better than nothing! Cara nodded with gusto as Laura handed her the stuff. She never thought she would be so excited to take a shower! Without a word, Cara took the stuff and hung it on the top of the bathroom stall. Then, remembering her few manners, she turned to Laura and smiled brightly, "Thanks!"

Cara did as Laura instructed and hung her dirty clothes on the other side of the stall. "I really don't care whatcha do with it," She said from inside the stall. "You can throw all of that away for all I care." And she started the shower. It was probably the most heavenly thing Cara had ever experienced. She was sure to take her time and once she was done, she pulled the towel and clothes down from the top of the shower stall and changed. Cara came out of the stall and giggled lightly at herself, the dim orange shirt way too big for her.

It was then that Cara realized some sort of writing on the shirt. She tilted her head as if that would help her read it better. "Hey, Laura?" She asked. "What's..." She hesitated. "Camp Half-Blood?"
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   June 16th 2010, 9:25 am

Just as Cara headed off to the showers, Laura couldn't help but note that the girl seemed pretty excited about showering. With a laugh to herself, she thought At what point when you're on your own running on the streets does showering become exciting? Some might've seen it as a light-humoured joke. Although she had mentally laughed at it herself, it was actually quite a serious thought. It made her even more curious about Cara.

Following Cara into the showers, she stood outside the stall as she stepped into one of them. When she was told she could throw every article of clothing that Cara had hung over the side away, she couldn't help but be a bit shocked. Of all things, she had been expecting the girl to hold onto her cloak while in the shower. It just seemed like something she would've done. Even though she had been told that if she wanted to she could throw everything away, she would wash the cloak. As she lifted the rest of her clothes (she had in mind that she would wash all of them) she realized just how well not really camp appropriate they were, so she decided that she would toss them out.

Knowing that Cara would be out at any moment, Laura practically ran to the Big House. That was where the washing machines were, so that was where she was going to go. Dumping the clothes in the trash bin outside the Big House, she quickly ran inside with the girls cloak. Her plan was to toss it in there and run back to the girl. She would go throw it in the dryer later once it was done in the washer. When it was all dry, her plan was to pop into the Hermes Cabin later and surprise her.

Running back to the showers, Laura had gotten there just moments before Cara walked out of there. When she came out, she just seemed brighter, happier maybe. Either way, the girl was squeaky clean and in some . . . . well not exactly fresh clothes, but they were clean! Now that she was clean, they could head down to the Dining Pavillion to get her stomach something to eat. She was pretty hungry by the sounds of her stomach.

"What's... Camp Half-Blood?" Cara had asked as she tilted her head so she could read it better. Ah yes, this just makes explaining it to her a whole heck of a lot easier, Laura thought to herself in reply. This would just ease on into the whole 'Greek Gods are alive now and you're one of their kids!' thing. That made her job a whole lot easier.

"Well, Cara, you're in Camp Half-Blood right now," Laura paused for a moment as she looked at her. "Camp Half-Blood is a camp for special kids. Kids like you and I. We aren't exactly fully human. You remember how I asked about the Greek Gods? Well we're half human, half Greek God, hence the name 'Half-Blood' or if you want the official term that's 'Demigod'" Knowing that Cara would think she was crazy, she tried to change the subject quickly. Perhaps the mention of food would at least make Cara see that she should stay here.

"Come on, let's go get you something to eat now. Oh, and don't try to run off. This really is the only safe place for us. You make think I'm a loony, but it's true, Laura said with a shrug as she headed towards the Dining Pavillion. Just as she began to walk closer, the intoxicating smell of barbeque filled the air around them. It was nearly enough to make her drool. Just because of the smell, she would have to grab something to eat.

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   June 16th 2010, 2:18 pm

Cara continued to stare at the shirt as Laura started to explain. There was a picture below the words. It looked like a horse. A horse with a man's upper half holding a bow and arrow. She stared dumbly at the picture all the while listening to what Laura was saying. She looked up when Laura mentioned the Greek Gods. 'Half human, half Greek-god, half-blood, demigod.' By the look on Cara's face you would've thought that what Laura had said just went inside one ear and out the other. She was WHAT?!

'Come on, let's go get you something to eat now.' Oh, no way was Cara just going to let what Laura just said go. But of course, before anymore questions could be asked, Laura was walking off away from the shower stalls and the house... and away from the hill and Thalia's Pine. All thoughts about this place being Cara's sanctuary left and she seriously thought about running like heck back over the hill, when Laura spoke again. Cara bit her lip. She would go with this... for NOW.

Cara followed at least ten paces behind Laura. She had been good to Cara so far, but she was still wary in trusting her. After the whole half-human, half-Greek god story, Cara wasn't all that sure that her head was in the right place. Maybe her first assumption was right. Maybe this place, this 'camp' was an asylum.

'I still have a chance to run,' She thought, casting a glance over her shoulder. 'Maybe after I get something to eat. I can just take some food with me and get out of here...' But the smell stopped all thoughts of running away. What was that smell? It was like meat... but... different. Oh yeah, barbecue! She remembered when the group crashed a family's barbecue and stole all of the food. Ah, it was probably the best meal Cara had ever had.

All precaution aside, Cara fast-walked up next to Laura. The two of them entered an open-air pavillion which was already pretty full. Cara's left fist clenched and she gulped. So many people. Now there was no chance of escaping. Oh well, at least she got a meal. She looked up at Laura expectantly. "What now?"
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   June 16th 2010, 2:34 pm

As the two walked to the Dining Pavillion, Laura knew just what Cara was thinking. She would bring it up while she was eating. She would tell her that if she wanted to leave and get killed then she could, except she would say it a lot gentler. She chuckled thinking about when she had first arrived there, not too long ago. It had only been a few month . . . since about February? She had been similar the Cara, except not being chased by a monster. She had been a runaway who was just trying to find her place.

"Well now you grab a plate and pick up what you want to eat. Before we sit down we have to go throw the best looking thing on our plate into that fire. Not all of it, just some of it. It's kinda like a prayer I guess, an offering," Laura said as she picked up a plate for herself and one for Cara. She handed the girl a plate and began to walk down the food line. She grabbed a cookie and a bag of chips, she wasn't all that hungry at the time. She waited for Cara to finish getting what she wanted then walked over to the fire.

"Now just toss something in," Laura spoke as she broke her cookie in half and tossed it into the fire. Hoping that Cara would do the same, she waited. Then she began to walk towards the Athena table and motioned for Cara to come with her. Most of the time she would get into trouble if she let a newbie sit at the Athena table, but nobody else was sitting there and Mr. D wasn't around. If it was regular lunch time, she would probably get into some bit of trouble though.

Turning towards Cara before opening her bag of chips, Laura said, "Now normally you'll sit over at that table over there. This is the Athena table for kids who've been claimed by the Greek Goddess Athena. That table is the Hermes table, they take in all the unclaimed kids, aka you." With a nice little pop, she opened her bag of chips and began to chow down. They were spicy Dorritos, her favorite. Soon enough they were all gone so she nomed on her cookie half.

"You know, if you wanted to you could run away. Nobody is forcing you to stay here, but the kids here wouldn't understand why you'd want to leave. It's a safe haven for us, but if you want to leave you can just walk right past that border and leave yourself for a hellhound or something to attack. . . . . . that would be a pity, but it wouldn't be the first demigod we've lost either." Sighing, Laura finished off her cookie.

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   June 16th 2010, 3:09 pm

Of course. You pick up a plate and go eat. Cara felt stupid for asking the question, and didnt' say anything more, just followed obediently after Laura to a table. Laura handed her a plate and Cara nodded in thanks. By the looks of things, lunch was going on. There were bowls of salads with bottles of dressing, barbecue on a stick and a whole snack area. Laura pretty much skipped all the main dishes and went for the chips and cookies. Cara grinned. Time to eat!

When she was done, Cara had a plate piled high with seven barbecue sticks, three bags of plain Lay's, and three more cookies. She then followed Laura to a small firepit. The other kids in the pavillion were all moving in a line, doing what Laura said, putting some of of their food into the fire. Cara squirmed, still a bit unsure of what to do, but when it came to her Cara picked up one of her barbecue sticks and slipped off some of the meat to throw into the fire.

Licking her fingers, Cara followed Laura yet again to one of the tables. She sat across from her and actually looked around her for once. It seemed like there was a system of who got to sit at what table. Cara had a small feeling that she wasn't allowed to sit at Laura's table. Everyone there shared Laura's gray eyes and air of authority. The whole pavillion was just chatting and laughing... not really paying attention to them.

Laura confirmed what she thought about the tables, but added in words foreign to Cara like, 'claimed' and 'unclaimed'. How do you get claimed by a Greek god? Were these tables like teams or something?

But at the moment, Cara didn't feel like asking questions. She followed suit and quickly downed two barbecue sticks before Laura spoke again, quickly dunking all hope of escaping. Cara looked away and didn't reply. Sure she wanted to run away... but she knew that it would be fruitless. From then on, Cara ate a bit less enthusiastically.

Once done with the barbecue sticks and the chips, Cara broke one of her cookies in half. "I did think about running away," She admitted. She looked around her. "Its just because I don't know where I am, and no offense," Cara smiled sheepishly at Laura. "But I don't trust people I just met."
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   June 16th 2010, 3:38 pm

"They all think about running away, some of the older campers still think it to this day. I don't know what holds them back, it's almost as if they hold themselves back," Laura spoke in a bit of a dazed tone. If they were sitting there a month earlier, she would be one of the ones still thinking about running away. The stories of demigods who ran from camp and happened to return were gruesome. They had set her off the running away idea. She would've loved to be able to get out of camp every once in a while, but it wouldn't be possible. She had no living family that she knew about so the only way she'd get out of camp was if she ran away, and she had no intention of doing that. Maybe one day she could get away from camp. Surely she was trained up enough now that she could if she wanted to, but she was scared of what she'd find out there.

Laura nodded as she listened to Cara. It wouldn't be very fun to not know where you were. It would be frightening. If you didn't know where you were then that meant you were pretty much lost, but there was hope. If you could learn where you were then you would be found. Not just like learning the name of the place, but learning about the place. If you learned about everything around you would find that it wasn't all that freaky after all. Well that excludes a murderer's basement, but you wouldn't find one of those around here!

A bit of a smirk appeared on Laura's face. There was one difference between the two of them. Cara didn't trust people she had just met, where she was just the opposite. Sometimes she didn't even trust herself because of this trait. Say she had been hanging around with some kid for about 5 minutes then the kid asked her to go on a trip together, Laura would be the one to say 'OKAY!'. She had to be pretty cautious around herself.

"There's something different," Laura muttered to herself as she rested her head on her hand. Just hearing Cara say that seemed to put her in a upset mood. Not becasue of what she had said, but more of how she was opposite of it.

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   June 16th 2010, 4:45 pm

Cara noticed the smirk on Laura's face and she cocked her head in question. Did she say something funny? Seh was about to ask, but saw that Laura's mind was somewhere else, so she decided to let it go for a while. In the few minutes of silence Cara was able to finish off the cookies and after that... she just waited. It looked as if Laura was just waiting for Cara to finish, so after a while, Cara decided to ask the questions that were burning her consciousness.

"Were you telling the truth?" Cara caught herself. "I- I mean about the Greek Gods and the Half-bloods." ninety percent of her mind refused to beleive this. They were just stories that her mother told her to lull her to sleep.

'Think about it,' The other ten percent argued, 'Why would she tell you stories about the GREEK gods. There has to be a connection.'

Cara bit her lip and tried to block out the mental argument. She just needed to hear it from Laura. A thought crossed her mind. Maybe it didn't matter. Maybe she could just stay here and finally have a bed to sleep in and food to eat. Then again... that monster that chased her up the tall hill to Thalia's Pine Tree. Cara didn't know how she knew, but there were more of them. And they probably didn't want anything more than to eat these 'half-bloods'. Her brain was going into overload and she reached for the comforting feel of her cloak. Only problem: It wasn't there.

Her eyes widened. Oh no, just when she thought the day couldn't get any worse! She squeaked when she remembered that she told Laura to trash all of the clothes. "Larua!" She yelled frantically, forgetting about all the questions. "M-my cloak! Did you trash that too?!"
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   June 16th 2010, 8:26 pm

"Were you telling the truth?" Cara seemed to blurt out which forced Laura's attention back on her. Slowly she nodded with a serious expression on her face. "What would I have to gain by telling you some lie?" She asked a bit confused. She was an honest girl unless she absolutely had to lie to say, save her friends life or something. She had no reason to lie to her.

"Besides," Laura started, "How else would you explain the hell hound that attacked you? Surely you don't think that was just some big dog?" Then again if Cara did think it was just a big dog then she had a bit of an excuse to think so. She had whited out at Thalia's Pine Tree after all, but all that seemed to be ages ago. From a grimy, hungry little girl, Cara had turned into a squeaky clean, stuffed girl. The thought of being the one who had helped her put a bit of a smile on her face.

"Oh, was that what that ratty piece of cloth was?" Laura asked with a serious look. Of course she was just messing around, but sometimes a little fright was good for you. Then again it was probably cruel for her to say something like that after she had been through so much that day already. From the looks of it, Cara really loved her cloak.

Her serious look turned into a smile as she spoke, "Don't fret. When you've finished eating we can head to the Big House to switch it into the dryer." Laura winked at Cara when she said this almost to tell her that things were just fine. "Ooh! Maybe while we're there Chiron will be around. Then you'd have to believe me about us Demigods."

((-dies- UGHHH It feels like all I'm doing is talking!!! D:<))

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   June 17th 2010, 1:31 am

((Lol I feel like I'm just mindlessly blathering XD))

R-ratty piece of cloth? Oh Cara had done it now. She had been careless, too happy about the chance of actually getting clean again that she left her CLOAK to be dumped out! Cara wouldn't blame Laura, she was only doing what Cara had instructed her to do. BUT STILL!! Cara hung her head, a new wave of helplessness and depression washing over her.

'Don't fret. When you've finished eating we can head to the Big House to switch it into the dryer.' Cara's head snapped back up and looked at Laura. The girl's face was contorted into a sort of twisted (to Cara) smile. Laura winked and the helplessness drowned. Cara let her head fall on the table. Ow... She lifted her head again and let out an audible sigh of relief. She wouldn't know what to do without her cloak! Even though it was WAY too big for her, she hoped one day she would grow into it!

Cara leaped up, ready to get going and get her cloak back. She was about to ask to leave when Laura mentioned something about a chiron. "What's a chiron? Isn't that a sort of doctor for your back?" By the way Laura was talking about him, it seemed that this Chiron was a pretty important guy. She said that the chiron would convince Cara about demigods. Well, she was already half-way convinced. Laura was right about the dog...er... hell-hound thing and the fact that Cara's mother had told her all about the Greek Gods... well that almost sealed the deal.

Waiting for Laura, Cara looked around the Pavillion again. All of these people. Didn't Laura say she was supposed to be at THAT table? When Cara squinted at it, she saw that that table was the one that was filled with the most people. Another comment Laura made made its way back into Cara's consciousness. She had said that the table was where the 'unclaimed' kids where. Even though Cara still didn't know what that meant, it didn't seem like a good thing. Another thing Cara noticed. The second table... was empty. As was the eight table. Couldn't whoever was in charge of this place split up the 'unclaimed' table? Cara decided to keep those questions for later. Right now, she wanted to get her cloak back.

"Let's go back to that house to see this chiron guy, and get my cloak." Cara grinned widely at Laura. Maybe she was trustworthy.
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   June 19th 2010, 7:14 pm

Not being able to help herself, Laura gave a bit of a chuckle when Cara asked what Chiron was. She found it remotely funny. Most demigods had at the very least heard of Chiron. Even if they hadn't done anything on Greek mythology in their past. They always seemed to know that Chiron was a centaur who trained the great heroes. Most were shocked to hear that he was still alive now and was still training future heroes. The look on some of their faces brought a smile to her face.

"Well," Laura started, still a bit shocked that the girl didn't know who Chiron was. . . well what he was, "Chiron is a centaur. During ancient Greek times he was known for training heroes. To this day he's still doing his job here at Camp." A friendly grin appeared upon her face. It was nice to think of herself as a possible heroine. It was neat to think that everyone being trained at Camp had the potential to become a great hero/ine. Although the life of a hero/ine was a rough one, at any moment you could lose your head.

Getting up from the table, Laura looked at Cara. "Then let's get going!" she said with enthusiasm. More then likely Chiron would not be there, he would probably be training a class or getting ready for lunch. It was actually pretty unusual for the centaur to be lounging around in the Big House unless he was playing Pinochle with Mr. D. Even then it almost seemed as if he was forced to play with him.

((My Gods. . . . . I apologize for the crappy little post. You can puppet my character a little in your post to get us to the Big House if you want XDD))

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Back to top Go down
Alex Jones

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler will be the face in you window, and if you look to your door I'll be in there standing in the doorway.

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   June 19th 2010, 7:42 pm

Alex had the most idiotic idea that It was so cool. Alex had gottend up that morning put on a Black hoodie and then a Beanie that was black and then put on black pants and called himself Demigod-Boy.

He grabbed a dagger seeing a Harpie about to fly and attack those two girl. He grumbled "Samma" He threw the dagger "SAMAHDI" and it hit the head of the Harpie. Nobody knew who he was he was like a Hero but not really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/theghosts-sighters
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   June 19th 2010, 8:04 pm

((Alex you weren't even at camp when this occured meaning you cannot be in this thread))

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   June 24th 2010, 7:23 pm

'Well, Chiron is a centaur.' Ok, and a centaur was? Most of the stories that Cara's mother had told her were about the heroes, and their quests. Not much was mentioned about the creatures. 'During ancient Greek times he was known for training heroes. To this day he's still doing his job here at Camp.' Something clicked in the back of Cara's brain. Chiron the hero trainer. Wasn't he half-donkey or something? No, no it was half-horse. Chiron had trained all the great Heroes... like Hercules! He was Cara's favorite myth... or maybe since all of this was real, her hero.

“He’s- He’s still alive?” Cara didn’t bother to hide her eagerness and excitement. Imagine! She could be trained by the great Chiron! Just a moment ago, Cara questioned the reality of Laura’s explanation. But for some reason, she was beginning to believe it. Laura had proved herself a reliable person thus far, but she knew that wasn’t the only reason. This camp… this PLACE was the only place left to run.

She shook herself both mentally and physically. Cara was definitely excited to meet Chiron and learn more about this half-blood thing… but mostly she wanted her cloak back! Laura stood from the table and Cara followed suit. The people at Laura’s table shot the two curious looks as they walked (well, Cara practically skipped) out of the pavilion.

This time, Cara took better stock of her surroundings. Camp Half-Blood wasn’t like any other place she had seen! They were ascending the tall hill once again, and to the left side, Cara saw a horseshoe shape of what seemed like… mini-houses. Cabins. Further away from the cabins and the pavilion, Cara spied two circular buildings next to each other. One was open aired while the other was closed. Further on, the camp seemed to end. Instead of more buildings, a large mass of trees took up the rear. Cara saw a few more things… a volleyball court, a canoe lake, a strip of land that looked suspiciously like an archery field and a rock climbing wall. Cara had to do a double take when the wall exploded and lava shot from the top. From then, Cara kept a bit closer to Laura. The other girl didn’t seem fazed by the explosion, just kept walking along. The blast must’ve been normal…

Soon, the view of camp disappeared and the bathroom stalls were in sight again. The house emerged, more intimidating than before. Its deep blue paint was oddly calming and seemed to stand out when compared to the rest of the camp. “Does this place have a special name or something?” Cara asked Laura as they approached the house. As they got closer, Cara spied two people on the porch. A man in a wheelchair and someone else… a bit porky looking. Were they other campers?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As long as I'm safe (OPEN)   

Back to top Go down

As long as I'm safe (OPEN)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1