Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Magnus Valentine

PostSubject: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 12th 2010, 5:55 pm

Magnus breath slowly as sweat trailed down his face. The quietness was soothing and nostalgic. He had always train alone, even back then when he was unknowing. He would attend the mixed martial art camps in the summer time, but was always shun by the other campers due to his unparalleled sense to fighting.
Magnus concentrated on the three wooden stick men in front of him as he sent multiple, lightning fast strikes to their bodies. He could feel his blood boiling, the energy inside him raising as he attacked the dummy's. Who am i? Who's my God parent?The thoughts came and went while he clenched onto one of the wooden dummy and sent multiple knee strikes to its body, cracking the wood.
Magnus jumped back from the wooden dummies and clicked onto his watch, which then transformed into a long black samurai sword. He felt the tugging in his gut again as he focused on his slashing technique.
"This feeling... it's the same as when i encountered the Harpies in the woods." Magnus remebered that fight. he was with two other demigods then; Makayla immortal daughter of Hades and MAckenzie daughter of apollo.
In an instant, Magnus felt firey aura surround him, grasping its grip around him. Magnus sword began to glow and vibrate tremendously. Magnus slashed at the dummies from a distance, dark blue firey waves of energy escaped from his blade and sliced the dummies in half.

Last edited by Magnus Valentine on August 2nd 2010, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makayla

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see me

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 14th 2010, 12:37 pm

Evie was sat on the stands by the arena, randomly watching people fight. She smiled when she saw Magnus down there with the rest training. The smile turning into a smirk as she saw his lips move. He looked like he was talking to himself. She melted into the shadows, reappearing a few feet behind him. Shadow travelling was the best was to get around. Not meaning to sound lazy or anything, but she preferred it to walking. She almost missed the weird energy thing from his sword but she appeared in time to see it. "That’s pretty cool..." she said coming up behind him.

((It had my name in so I decided to join XD. Hope thats okay with you.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Valentine

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 14th 2010, 1:59 pm

((Makayla!! of course! =p Evie? is that your character name too?))

As Magnus transpose his weapon back into a watch, he felt a familiar presence. A familiar voice spoke to him.
"That's pretty cool..." Makayla said from behind. Magnus jumped and turned to see who it was. He was in awe. It was her, it was Makayla, the immortal daughter of Hades. He hadnt seen her since the encounter with the Harpies in the woods, but he was glad to see her again.
She still stood tall and vibrant like he remembered her from the woods. Her dark beautiful chocolate hair and her dark blue eyes. Her pink lips reminded him of cherry blossoms and her presence was oh so overwhelming, but he liked it, it was interesting.
"Wow, you scared me," Magnus laughed, "where did you come from? And how did you sneak up on me so quietly?" Magnus smiled at her, intrigued.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makayla

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see me

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 14th 2010, 4:03 pm

((yah.. None are my real names XD I wish they were though, my names so common and boring.XD Emily...))

"Wow, you scared me, where did you come from? And how did you sneak up on me so quietly?" Magnus asked her. She smiled. "Good. I like scaring people. And I was in the stands watching. The new intake is getting better. As for how I came so quietly, Shadow travelling. It’s fun, easy and fast." She smirked a little before glancing back at the wooden dummies. Frowning she asked, "How did you do that? That blue blasty thing. Is it your sword or is it something you can do?” She was pretty curious about that, it was something she hadn’t seen before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Valentine

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 14th 2010, 7:50 pm

((Emily, thats a cool name hah. mines super common too.. its matthew ~_~))

Shadow traveling, that was something new. Magnus had never heard of it before, but he decided to ask her about that later.
"How did you do that? That blue blasty thing. Is it your sword or is it something you can do?” Makayla asked him. Magnus looked back at the dummies and sighed.
"I don't know how I did it... but i'm pretty sure it came from both my weapon and i." Magnus said as he looked at his sword.
"My sword; Masamune was hidden behind a bunch of swords in the armory. I felt it calling to me and so i picked it to be my weapon. Is it weird, my technique just now?" MAgnus asked, concern that he might be considered different from the other demi-gods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makayla

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 15th 2010, 2:04 pm

((XD No it’s really not a cool name... It's like one of the most popular names there is... And Matthew's not all that common name over here... I only know 2 Matthews... but I know 6 other Emily's... ^_^))

"It’s....Different. But everyone uses different styles. Like I tend to rely on my skeletal warriors or my Scythe, And some people use lightning spears and stuff. It just depends on the person. But it's different because you're not claimed. Most people’s weapons reflect who their claimed by, hence the Scythe for me." Makayla said thoughtfully. Then she smiled a little, just a hint of a smile, not a whole one. It was rare to see her smiling so much, but she had been doing lately. She needed to do something about that. She had a rep to keep. A rep as a gloomy, up-to-no-good, immortal, Hades kid. If she went around smiling all the time then people would suspect something was wrong.

(( XD it's kind of naff this post, it's a bunch of random stuff, couldn't think of anything XD))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Valentine

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 16th 2010, 8:07 pm

(( What!? only 2 matthews? thats impossible! i thought my name was common ~_~ yeesh. well ur names nice. =]))

Magnus thought about her words...different because your not claimed...the weapon reflects who they're claimed by...
MAgnus looked at Makayla and saw her little smile; she had a cute and innocent look, like she could be harmless.
"You use a scythe? That's way cool!" Magnus said to Makayla, trying to break the quietness. " So how long have you been using the scythe? Do all Hades children use scythes? I think your super wicked!" MAgnus glinted a smile at her and turned his sword back into a watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makayla

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 20th 2010, 6:28 am

((Sorry, muse died for a few days... And my names too popular to be nice XD))

Makayla was kinda shocked by the reaction to the Scythe thing, but she shrugged it off. jeez..the new demi's are getting wierder by the day... She thought to herself. "Errrrm....I don't know...I don't really have any siblings in camp at the moment. If I do, I haven't met them." She said. She pulled her Scythe charm out of her pocket and turned it to its full sized glory. The curved blade wickedly sharp, her sword hidden in the handle. She smiled again, but this time it was more mischeivous, more evil.

((Its prolly a bit shorter than the other posts, but its not too bad XD))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Valentine

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 20th 2010, 2:38 pm

((haha not too bad at all -p))

When Makayla unsheathed the full length of her scythe, Magnus could feel the powerful dark aura emitting from it. Magnus gave her a little grin.
"Would you like to spar?" He asked Makayla, smiling. maybe this place is too small for our sparring Magnus giggled at the thought. He clenched gently at his sword and shot out another blue beam at the dummies, standing before him.
"So what do you say? It would be enjoyable and fun, also i'll be honored. It would help me a lot and you can give me a few pointers." Magnus said, smiling again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makayla

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 20th 2010, 4:48 pm

She thought, to herself. She was wondering if maybe she actually had enough self control to not kill him, but since he asked. "Sure....But maybe we should try to clear everyone out first... If I go on a rampage, I'd rather killl just the one person than half of the Camp. I don't think my Dad would like that very much, and nor would Mr.D, even though he acts like he doesn't like us campers I think he actually does. he's just too embaressed to admit it." She smiled, realising she had kinda gone off topic. "Sooo...Am I allowed to use my awesome powers to bring you down??" She was only partly teasing on that part. She really did need to get into a good fight, without being crazy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Valentine

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 20th 2010, 6:00 pm

Magnus smiled and nodded his head.
"You can use whatever powers you possess." He said, turning his sword back into a watch, "And yes let's clear this place." Magnus looked to the other campers training. They made contact with Magnus and saw Makayla. The other campers who were training realized that if it's Makayla here in the arena, they should all scram. Poor Magnus, they must've thought. MAgnus looked back at Makayla.
"Looks like it's clear." He smiled genuinely and bowed to his opponent. He could feel destructive energy building up inside him and encircling him with power.
"Exciting, don't you think, immortal daughter of Hades; Makayla." Magnus said as he got into his fighting stance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makayla

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 23rd 2010, 8:55 am

Makayla's smile broadened. She saw Magnus getting into a stance and she melted into the darkness, reappearing a few feet behind him. She swung the scythe round so its tip was at his throat. "You sure your gonna be able to keep up?" She asked, her eyes dancing with excitement and amusement. She melted back into the shadows, appearing back in front of him. She pulled her sword out and shrunk the scythe back down to keyring size, pocketing it until later. She was gonna try and use her sword as an advantage to his, because when she was closer, his big sword probably wasn't going to be able to do much other than getting in the way. "Oh yeah....this is gonna be ace..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Valentine

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 23rd 2010, 10:05 pm

Magnus smiled when she appeared behind him.
"You sure your going to be able to keep up?" Makayla said, hHe smiled even more when he heard her say that.
When she appeared in front of him again, she put her scythe away and took out her sword. MAgnus smiled and kept his sword sheath.
"I'm ready." Magnus said smiling, his eyes closed.
In split second Magnus disappeared, he moved with unseen speed towards Makayla, ready to attack her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makayla

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 24th 2010, 3:01 pm

Makayla watched for a second as he started running towards her, with no weapon in sight. Her eyes showed her confusion as he sped towards her, going really fast. As in ohmygods I can barely see you fast. She smiled, so he has a few hidden tricks....that just make things more fun. She thought to herself as she dodged to the side when he was a few feet from her. She hoped that while he was running like this he would be like the Minataur. All brawn, no brain. Hopefully he wouldn't be able to turn towards her in time. But just in case....She focussed on the ground, wondering if she would be able to use Geokenisis...The power over earth. She heard that some Hades kids could use it, but she had never really tried.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Valentine

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 24th 2010, 6:59 pm

As Magnus sped towards Makayla quickly, his feet barely touching the ground. He saw her move to the side, Magnus smiled and thought I hope she doesn't think i'm like a minataur.
Magnus easily maneuvered his body to face her, he was 3 inches away from her face. He stared directly at her lips.
"Hi, you look pretty in battle." Magnus said smiling and flirting. Then in a quick flash, Magnus sent a round house kick towards Makayla.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makayla

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 25th 2010, 6:47 am

((PMed Laura...Im not allowed geokenisis as a power. =( XD))

Makayla puased, tilting her head to the side a little. "Did you just call me pretty???" She asked, almost completely distracted. She saw him sending a roundhouse kick at her, but she didn't react in time and it hit her shoulder, sending her stumbling back a little. She glared at him, glancing down at the bootmark on her shirt. She brushed it off and summoned 2 skeletal warriors. Sending them both to distract Magnus she would wait to attack when he was fully focussed on the skeletal warriors. The best thing about skeletal warriors was that she was the only person that could kill them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Valentine

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 25th 2010, 1:41 pm

(( aww darn, really? No geokenesis? T.T i would be sad too. no worries! your skeletal warriors are cool!))

As MAgnus landed his kick on Makayla shoulder, she stumbled back and glared at him. He hoped he was a challenge for her, for if he wasn't then the training he's done all his life would have been for nothing. Magnus was not going to look down on Makayla just because shes a girl. He knew full aware of what she was capable of.
In an instant, Makayla summoned two of her mighty skeletal warriors from the earth. They appeared in Greek armor, with sword and shield in their hands. They glared at MAgnus fiercly for harming their master. They snapped violently at him, which might've meant, "We'll keeeel you!"
Magnus glanced at the two skeletal warriors and smiled.
"I like the skeletal warriors, they look awesome!" MAgnus said. In one swift movement, even before the skeletal warriors can move, Magnus quickly dash past the skeletal warriors and was in front of Makayla, with his hand touching her chin..
"So, are you having fun yet?" He said again with a childish grin at Makayla.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makayla

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 25th 2010, 1:55 pm

Makayla smiled, a nice normal smile, not an evil one, or a plotting one. Just a genral smile. "Nah...Fun would be me not holding back, but I have to hold back...or I'm gonna kill you..." She said, bringing her sword up so it was hovering just over where his heart would be. She nodded at the skeletal warriors to grab him, wondering if, even though he couldn't kill them, if he would be able to pull there arms off. She watched them start heading for him, dropping there shields, and sheifing (sp?) their swords.. She shook her head back and forth slowly. "Oh my...you fail..." She muttered at the skeletons as they edged closer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Valentine

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 25th 2010, 2:54 pm

Her sword nearly nipped at where his heart was, as he saw her smile. MAgnus took a little quick step back and was in awe of her smile. It almost distracted him as he saw the two skeletal warriors approaching him from behind.
"It's okay to get serious on me." Magnus said, smiling a little more. Then without hesitation, and with quick speed, Magnus attacked Makayla again, this time sending multiple palm strikes at her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makayla

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 25th 2010, 3:01 pm

Makayla saw him about to attack again and the evil gleam re-appeared in her eyes. She shadow travelled over to the top of the stands, stumbling a little on reappearence, he had managed to hit her a few times, and she was hoping she wouldn't bruise. She sat down on one of the benches, calcualting how long it would take for him to fight of her skeletons and come up to where she was. of course she probably would have disapeared to someplace else in the Arena. It was like playing a game of cat and mouse. She knew he would tire eventually and when he did she would strike. She saw the skeletons make a grab for him, but didn't see if they actually got him or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Valentine

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 25th 2010, 3:06 pm

Makayla disappeared as Magnus laid a couple of palm thrust at her. Magnus could feel the skeletal warriors presence as they neared him and tried to grab him. Magnus was caught and was brought to his knees, he was surprised at how strong the skeletal warriors were, for being dead. Magnus eyed Makayla in the stands and stayed silent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makayla

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 25th 2010, 3:16 pm

Makayla grew bored within a minute or so of being in the stands so she walked back down to where Magnus was been held by the skeletal warriors. "You can let go... And go home..." She said, dismissing them. She decided that she was going to fight for herself for a while. She backed up a few steps, holding her sword lightly, so she was relaxed but on guard. "You gonna use your sword anytime soon?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Valentine

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 25th 2010, 3:23 pm

Magnus stood up tall and strong as the skeletal warriors disappeared.
"Heh, finally." Magnus said, his eyes had change. A powerful surge of energy escaped from Magnus entire being and flowed throughout the arena. Magnus nodded to Makayla and turned his watch into his samurai sword; Masamune.
"I am Magnus Valentine, unclaimed demi-god." Magnus said as he got in a fighting stance. He held the sword in one hand as the other hand was touching the blunt side of the sword.
Magnus felt the surge of energy run through his body as he released a blue wave of energy from his sword and at Makayla.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makayla

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 25th 2010, 3:30 pm

((Hmmm..maybe this thread should be PG13...))

Makayla felt more than saw the blue bolt of energy coming towards her. She sidestepped, but not far enough, the bolt skimmed her arm, cutting it and making golden blood splurt out. She glared at him, her eyes turning black. "Oww... Now you've pissed me off...you actually managed to make me bleed!!" She said, an edge to her voice, she charged him, slashing her sword multiple times, hoping that at leat one of them would cause enough damage to draw blood. If that happened she would consider it even... if not then she wasn't gonna stop until he begged for forgiveness...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magnus Valentine

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   July 25th 2010, 3:39 pm

(( PG-13 it shall be then =p oh no! i made Makayla bleed T.T sorry!)

Magnus saw the golden blood trailing from Makalya's arm. He was careful not to say anything, but in his eyes, he showed that he was sorry, for it may insult the daughter of Hades. Makayla's rush attack came quick and sharp. Every thrust, every slash was meant to make Magnus bleed, but Magnus saw her attacks and parried each and every one of them.
Makayla's blade almost cut through Magnus left arm, but he grabbed her hand just in time and locked her arms so that she was stuck and couldnt move.
"Are you going easy on me, Makayla?" Magnus said, trying to bring out her seriousness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)   

Back to top Go down

the Arena is where i can think clearly (open to whomever)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next