Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kyriakos's Birthday Party ((Open to All, Nobody Gets Left in the Dust))

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyriakos Areleous

PostSubject: Kyriakos's Birthday Party ((Open to All, Nobody Gets Left in the Dust))   July 15th 2010, 12:37 am

Kyriakos looked around at the green and blue streamers hanging from the ceiling, the balloons shoved into every odd corner of the room, the cake resting on the table at the far end, and the sign hanging over the windows, and sighed. He was throwing this party slightly reluctantly, but Chiron had convinced him to do it. The old centaur had approached him yesterday, sounding a little sad, and, for lack of a better word, slightly disappointed. Kyriakos had been reading on the pier when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

”My dear boy,” Chiron had started, making Kyriakos jump.

”Chiron! You scared me.

”Forgive me,” he chuckled. “I only intended to talk to you for a few moments. You weren’t at dinner, so I was naturally worried about you.”

“Sorry. I just…I miss home. I needed to escape back for a while.” He glanced down at the book in his lap. Chiron read the title over his shoulder.

“Greek architecture, hm? You should know all there is to know already, shouldn’t you?”

“Yes, but something about the detail used to describe it almost makes it seem like I’m there again.” Chiron looked at Kyriakos sympathetically, folding his legs beneath him and settling down beside the boy.

“It’s not Greece you truly miss, though, is it?” he said softly. “It’s your family.” Kyriakos could only nod, clearing his throat before he could speak.

“It was my birthday yesterday, and maybe it isn’t that big of a deal or anything, but I always expected them to be there for it. I never expected them to be gone before I reached sixteen.”

“Son, nobody expects it. Nobody wants their parents to be gone that soon. For your sake, I wish they were still alive. But you can’t change the past. You know that. The one thing you can change, though, is what you do with your future. The campers here, your brothers and sisters, they’ll stick by you through the future. They’ll wait for you through the hard times, but they’d want you to have some fun, too. Try to lighten up a little, Kyriakos, and have a bit of fun. The big house is all yours tomorrow. Have a party. See how much support you really have here.”

With that, Chiron had clapped him on the shoulder, stood up, and moved off. Now, looking around the library, Kyriakos only hoped he had as much support as Chiron seemed to claim he did. Chiron was obviously pushing hard for this birthday party as he had left the decorations there for Kyriakos and had left the cake in the fridge, but Kyriakos wasn’t so sure himself. Shaking his head, he pinned up one more streamer over the door before moving to stand hesitantly in the middle of the room. He had tried to spread the word to his fellow campers that the party started at seven, but he wasn’t sure what he wanted more at this moment: for the party to be a huge success, or for everybody to forget and leave things as they were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elizabeth Dalai

PostSubject: Re: Kyriakos's Birthday Party ((Open to All, Nobody Gets Left in the Dust))   July 15th 2010, 10:44 am

Elizabeth was outside her cabin rapping Kyriakos presant. She didnt' care that she was in her pjs she just didn't want her brothers and sisters to see it. She was all finished rapping his presant so she went inside to get her party outfit and into the bathroom to change. It wasn't much but a black t-shirtand torn jeans. She grabbed the presant and started to walk to the Big House. She opened the back door and saw Kyriakos back so she went to put the presant on a tabile and and walked behind him and said "happy latish b-day Kyriakos."

She wanted to be the first gest and she was so that was really cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeni Carter

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler'll be the face in the window, you see. Look down, an you should see me under the glass panel in the floor.

PostSubject: Re: Kyriakos's Birthday Party ((Open to All, Nobody Gets Left in the Dust))   July 15th 2010, 4:34 pm

As soon as Jeni had heard of Kyriakos having his 16th birthday party, Jeni’s mind immediately exploded with ideas for his gift. Sadly, she couldn’t come up with anything besides giving him a book about Shakespear that she had snatched from her aunt before she ran away. It was in almost perfect condition, considering that she had carried it with her since she was 8. Only the hard cover had been bent some, and there was rather suspicious stains on the inside cover. She could only hope that it was mud. She had stayed up all night trying to wrap it in pieces of yellowed paper that she had found in the Apollo cabin (Shh, she wasn’t in there!). As an added effect, she put a second layer of paper, but she had also burned the edges, hopefully giving it the old effect that she was aiming for. Grabbing her present, she headed towards the Big House, shaking slightly from the excitement. Finally giving up, she ran the rest of the way, checking to make sure that she had her inhaler with her.

Jeni burst through the door, not even bothering to take in the decorations. She spotted Kyriakos in the center of the room with Elizabeth. Rushing over to the two, she gave Kyriakos a hug and shoved the present towards him. “Why didn’t you tell me that it was your birthday yesterday? I mean seriously Kyriakos! This is a huge thing! You’re supposed to tell people about your 16th birthday, silly!” she exclaimed, taking a large breath after she stopped. “Anyway, happy birthday, Kyriakos! Hope you like the gift…I just hope that it seems…Athenian enough,” she said with a laugh, turning towards the daughter of Ares who stood next to her. “Hey Elizabeth. How’s my favorite daughter of Ares?”

-gives cookie to Astra-

Thanks Thalia!!

Avvie and Siggy by deh amazing Laura!!!
__ __ __ __

Give me Thunder, I'll be strong.
Give me Lightning, I'll never budge.
This much I promise you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://z7.invisionfree.com/Olympus_Hazard/index.php?act=idx

PostSubject: Re: Kyriakos's Birthday Party ((Open to All, Nobody Gets Left in the Dust))   July 15th 2010, 4:49 pm

((I don't really know you... but... i do like a good party...))
Back to top Go down
Kyriakos Areleous

PostSubject: Re: Kyriakos's Birthday Party ((Open to All, Nobody Gets Left in the Dust))   July 15th 2010, 5:14 pm

((Everybody's welcome whether they really know me or not. You can join if you want. Smile I'll post again later after I get home.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Kyriakos's Birthday Party ((Open to All, Nobody Gets Left in the Dust))   July 17th 2010, 1:26 pm

((Thanks i'll post when i my friend goes home))
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Dalai

PostSubject: Re: Kyriakos's Birthday Party ((Open to All, Nobody Gets Left in the Dust))   July 20th 2010, 6:33 pm

"Hey there Jeni I'm good how are you doing." Elizabeth saw Jeni's presant to Kyriakos and it looked cool. She got bored waiting for everyone so she turned on the tv and there was the history channel, she changed the channel to comudy centrul. Jeff Dunham was on and she loved him manly Peanut. "When is everyone else going to get here the party isn't that much fun yet. Meh what ever I just love Jeff Dunham." She couldn't wait for the party to really start.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyriakos's Birthday Party ((Open to All, Nobody Gets Left in the Dust))   

Back to top Go down

Kyriakos's Birthday Party ((Open to All, Nobody Gets Left in the Dust))
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1