Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Under this facade... ((Luci/PM PG-13))

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astra Gahne

PostSubject: Under this facade... ((Luci/PM PG-13))   August 4th 2010, 9:55 pm

Astra was having one of those days again... one of the sort of days were everything was not turning out right. When memories were flashing behind her frozen face, this facade of anger. Astra was sitting in one of the chairs in her tent, arms folded across her chest, scowling into nowhere with Slayer by her side. If anyone had happened into the tent then, they would have reason to be scared. If they were inside her mind, however, there was twice as much reason to be frightened. Scenes from the past flitted through her mind, noises, voices. A child crying, the sound wrenched out of the 8 year old as if torn from an empty chest; a moan, someone in pain unspeakable, unknowable; a scream, an attempt to help; a malicious laugh, feeling strong arms around her 13 year old body, unable to get free...

18 year old Astra picked up her scythe, she wanted to go kill someone. Preferably someone in the camp over the hill, but it was a bad idea right now. Too soon now, although she wanted to recklessly charge in and hurt as many of those selfish beasts that were her fellow demigods. But Astra couldn't do that. Instead she left the tent and walked a little way into the woods, she couldn't see the tents from here. Astra pulled a knife--mortal steel--out of a sheath she had taped to her leg. She looked at the blade with a trained eye... it had a few notches in the edge, too bad they didn't... or were there any Hephaestus demigods in her camp? Maybe... Astra'd have to ask someone.

The girl eyed a tree about twenty paces from her, and felt the balance of the knife in her hand. She squinted at the tree... drat this eyesight... and threw the knife as best as she could. It came within 2 inches of her target... Astra angrily stalked to where it had landed and spoke to herself as well as the inanimate blade. "You stupid thing... what is possessing you?" Astra stooped down and picked up the knife. Some of the things she was thinking about earlier went through her mind again... she stabbed the knife into the bark of the tree. It felt good to her nerves; Astra pulled out the blade and yet again drove it into the wood. In her mind, the tree almost became the enemy... all of humankind. imagining the tree like that helped her, imagining that the plant was everyone who had hurt her and the fact that she was stabbing it cleared the demigod's head slightly. Astra gritted her teeth and pulled out the blade again, this time driving it in all the way to the hilt.

Now the rage was dissipating, Astra tried to pull the knife out of the tree. It wouldn't move. She put a foot on the tree and leaned back while pulling on the handle. The weapon remained steadfast. Astra frowned and leaned all of her weight against the handle. This time it moved, the hilt came unfastened from the blade and the girl fell to the forest floor. "Damn!" Astra flung the handle as far as she could, but remained seated on the ground. Maybe she just needed a little bit of quiet for now... no one was out here, perhaps she could just... unwind a little. Astra put her hands on the ground and leaned back a little, taking a deep shaky breath. Nobody had better come in right now...

*TEAM DRAGOS*Evil Creepy Gory gods FTW

Last edited by Astra Gahne on August 4th 2010, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Fail)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Under this facade... ((Luci/PM PG-13))   August 4th 2010, 11:04 pm

Luci was almost happy that day. She had no apparent duties and if she did they would be ignored. It was sunny, somewhat cool, and actually semi quiet. The latter was extremely rare for the rebel camp. There was usually the constant sounds of young demigods trying to impress their peers. How utterly pittiful that was. Luci's first week at camp had broken her first staff in half from fighting so much. The later weeks had broken her second, third, fourth, and fifth staff. She finally realized it was better to have a staff that bend at three places but also locked into place when she needed it to. She had someone adapt it for her and also obtained a sheath to hold it in. She had had her staff Νίκη (Victory) ever since.

Luci had planned to walk around camp on that day, using Νίκη as a walking stick. She had walked all morning, now it was noon and she wasn't the least bit tired. While she walked her mind crossed multiple things, however the most common one was when would they attack Camp Halfblood. Luci supposed she would feel guilty about attacking the camp. There could be nice people there, she might had even became friends with them if she hadn't joined the rebels. Oh well, that ship had sailed. Luci never thought of the Camp Halfblood demigods as people, merely mindless zombies. People had opinions, actual thoughts. The campers had nothing more than...nothing. They agreed with with whatever the gods said, idiots. Sure Luci was rather emotionless, but she could hold up a debate for hours on end.

Luci was in the forest when she took a break, feeling a little bit like Forrest Gump. She sat down at the base of a tree for a few minutes. She enjoyed nature for a little while before realized that was a waste of her time and stood up. Luci looked around, trying to gauge where in the world she was before hearing something fly past her and hit a nearby tree. It slightly alarmed her when she knoticed it was a knife, but not too much. Luci turned to face the opposite direction to see who it was and couldn't help but be surprised to see Astra, the leader of the rebels. Something in her head told her to shut up but Luci ignored it, as usual. "Tsk tsk, you might upset the driads or worse: Demeter. Hm...or was it Persephone? Eh, tomatoe - tomata," she said, managing to insult two godesses at one time.
Back to top Go down
Astra Gahne

PostSubject: Re: Under this facade... ((Luci/PM PG-13))   August 5th 2010, 4:53 pm

"Tsk tsk... you might upset the driads or worse... Demeter. Hm, or was it Persephone?" A voice spoke up somewhere nearby, Astra turned to see who it was. A girl she faintly recognized... met her in Manhattan, named Luci. Astra nodded to herself upon recognizing the brown-haired girl. She was one of the rebel army, then, because Astra recalled bringing her here. "Oh, really? Is this supposed to be a bad thing?" Astra replied. She must be feeling good today to reply like that... maybe it was the stabbing the tree like that. Stabbing anything usually gave her some freedom from over-worked nerves. Astra stood up and turned to the girl. The thought that she probably should be glad Astra wasn't feeling so tense anymore or she might literally lose her head passed through Astra's mind. The girl was sitting against a tree, not too far from where Astra was now, and Astra couldn't help but wonder if she'd seen the whole thing.

"Maybe I will anger Demeter. As if I'd care at all. I hope I do, I hope I killed the nymph in this tree too. It would probably serve her right." for simply existing, who was she to exist? A little breeze stirred up the leaves on the forest floor.. or was that an angry nymph? Whatever it was, Astra ignored it. In fact, the very idea that the tree spirit might be angry made Astra feel a bit better all together. Yeah, you make a deal of it if you feel like it, not like I care. Astra thought. She looked at the blade still stuck in the tree, her eyes narrowed in satisfaction. Let it stay there if it wanted to, the girl would get a new weapon. Turning back to Luci, she said "So, Luci, where have you been?" As if she was an old friend. Friend... that word. That word that was one of those intangible things, friend.

Astra kicked her ragged sneaker against the root of the big tree, sending little bits of dirt from the wood that protruded from the ground. A thought came to her and she said quickly "Luci! You seem fairly intelligent, are you?" As if anyone would actually call themselves stupid, but Luci actually did seem to have a brain in her head, unlike some people around the camps. Someone who had a mind in their head instead of cotton would be of quite a bit more use to Astra than several people she had right now. And as Astra could recall, Luci had been fairly quick to grasp the whole 'you're a demigod' idea than even Astra herself had been. Not that the girl was saying Luci was smarter than her, just perhaps less stubborn. That could be a good thing. If perhaps Astra was to promote her to some higher position... like taking over from... Astra chose not to think about some of those people and instead raised an eyebrow at the girl.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Under this facade... ((Luci/PM PG-13))   August 6th 2010, 12:32 am

"Oh, really? Is this supposed to be a bad thing?" Astra seemed to be in a good mood. Well, perhaps that was an overstatement. A less lethal mood would better describe it. "Well no, I never said that. In fact I have a feeling that might be rather amusing," Luci replied. She shifted her weight on the staff, suddenly having the urge to try balance the stick. Luci didn't even bother to attempt it though, she had tried before and failed utterly. Perhaps the reason she could balance it was because she wasn't focused enough. Ha!

"Maybe I will anger Demeter. As if I'd care at all. I hope I do, I hope I killed the nymph in this tree too. It would probably serve her right." "I have no doubt we will anger her later. As for the silly little tree spirits wood is very flammable. I would know," Luci said, her eyes widening and an evil smile crossing her face. She was no pyromaniac, but the thought of burning something to the ground was quite interesting. It would be almost like a massacre, really. Several nymphs dieing at once. It would probably wipe out a chunk of them and shorten the whole lifespan of the species. Her eyes slightly glazed over at the thought.

"So, Luci, where have you been?" Luci tilted her head slightly while twirling her staff around her arm. Luci thought she heard a trace or friendliness is Astra's voice and it took almost everything she had to keep from laughing. That was rather foolish of her, Astra was anything but nice. Luci had learned that almost instantly, and it was proved by the girl's defiance of the gods. Luci couldn't say anything about that though, since she herself wasn't particularly friendly. She could be wrong, but Luci was never wrong. "Roaming," she replied. It was rather vague, but Luci didn't particularly care.

"Luci!" Luci fazed out of her thoughts and looked at Astra. "You seem fairly intelligent, are you?" Luci considered that for a moment. She was no idiot, of course. In fact, she thought of herself as one of the smartest people at the rebel camp. "Well, I wouldn't be alive if I wasn't, would I?" Luci replied. Her answer was slightly sarcastic and wasn't the safest thing to do, but it was Luci. She had learned that by simply saying yes she was showing weakness. As if she was unsure of herself because someone asked a question. Weak. Besides, what she said was the truth. The only demigods that ever seemed to survive had either brute strength or a good mind. Luci was a good fighter, but she wasn't the strongest. So Luci took pride in being smarter than the average neanderthal. Brains verses bronze, eh?
Back to top Go down
Astra Gahne

PostSubject: Re: Under this facade... ((Luci/PM PG-13))   August 6th 2010, 5:32 pm

"I have no doubt we will anger her later. As for the silly little tree spirits, wood is very flammable. I would know." Luci gave a malevolent grin, probably wanting to set the whole forest on fire. The idea was... enjoyable to toy with but impossible. It would perhaps involve demigods in the camps being set aflame, and although that wasn't a terrible idea Astra wasn't quite ready to purge her camp. Not while it was so small, with so few demigods available to her. Astra said thoughtfully "Maybe later... maybe." Perhaps when a purge was needed, it wasn't actually a bad idea but not now. Now if there were CAMPERS in the woods, campers from Camp Half-Blood, that would be another matter.

"Well, I wouldn't be alive if I wasn't, would I?" Luci replied to Astra's query about her intelligence. Astra gave her a warning look that she somehow remembered from her mother when she said something like 'watch your tone'. And Astra was warning Luci to watch her tone, although she somewhat admired the girl's fire. If not admired, then at least didn't look down on it. Yes, Luci was a little more of the type Astra wanted in command... the kind of spitfire personality, although Luci would have to tone that down around her superiors. She should be glad Astra wasn't angry today or there would be no more Luci. Just like that, and nobody would miss her. If they did, Astra would never get blamed, if she was then there was a good chance she could dispose of the tattler, if that happened... but Astra was in a good mood. "I don't suppose you would. Of course, I may have help with that. Correct?" Luci might have found out some other way that she was a demigod, but the chances of that were rather slim. And besides, it didn't seem like she'd be long in Camp Half-Blood, the way Luci was speaking.

Astra felt the need to get to know Luci a little better. Not in a friendly way, but needed to know more about her. Before she did anything else, she needed to know a little more about her. It was something she couldn't help doing, Astra always laid her plans quite carefully because she knew if she rushed into something there was the chance it wouldn't turn out right. It was the smartest thing to do... as much as Astra hated her, Athena was pretty much the only goddess Astra didn't want to let down in some way. Sure, she'd HURT her but not let her down... unless those two were the same thing. But Astra could see a difference, slightly... whatever. "How are you with that thing?" Astra asked, motioning to the staff the girl held in her hands. She thought that probably she'd seen Luci fight before, but quite frankly Astra would have dropped such a thing out of her memory. She didn't really care whether or not she had experts in her 'ranks', then she was just looking for RANKS.

Astra looked back to the knife blade stuck in the tree and growled slightly at it. Why did it HAVE to be stuck there? Astra turned back to Luci, now a little bit madder. Just because of the knife blade, yes. Sometimes little things might push her over the edge, but for now she could probably remain fairly calm. And Astra didn't have Φονιάς with her; she was feeling rather empty without the scythe. And she also couldn't brush up on Luci's fighting skills without it, unfortunately. But hopefully she'd get it back soon enough. "Show me." Astra said, motioning to the staff again. "What you can do." She stepped back a little in expectance.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under this facade... ((Luci/PM PG-13))   

Back to top Go down

Under this facade... ((Luci/PM PG-13))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thalia's Pine Tree :: Right Outside Camp's Borders :: Woods Camp :: Woods-
Jump to: