Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sun Riverwood

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window, and I'm sitting on the floor ;)

PostSubject: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 5th 2010, 2:38 pm

Sun Riverwood ran as fast as her legs could carry her, her grimy blonde ponytail flying behind her and her dirty clothes slowing her down because there was so much dirt on them. She was barefoot as usual and her feet hurt...as usual but somehow she felt as if she really was going to find peace at last.
"You sure I can find refuge here?" she asked some kind of goat thing that ran ahead of her. He was supposedly leading her some place where people like her could stay. Weird people like her.
"Of course," he bleated in reply.
The two stopped at the foot of some boring, normal hill. Sun sighed and said, "Okay, who set me up?" she asked before realizng that no one would bother setting her up as she didn't know anyone. At all.
"Look I don't normally trust people this quickly after I meet them. So if your abusing the trust I'm giving then you better..." she trailed off gasping. For at the top of the hill was a tree. An ordinary looking tree. But coiled around the tree was a great big...
"Dragon!" she gasped to which the goat-boy said his name was Peleus.
"I'm busy," he said. "Just climb up there and someone should help you." he said before scampering off somewhere in a hurry.
"Climb up to a dragon?!" she yelled after him but he didn't answer.

Sun sighed and started climbing the hill, regardless of the dangers that seemingly lay there.
"Hello?" she called as she reached the top, panting and surprised the dragon hadn't attacked yet. It just stood there, blinking at her.
Even after all those years of running and living on streets, she wasn't very fast and ran out of energy quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naomi Martin

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it, and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window, Sun's sitting on the floor, and if you look behind the open door you'll find me ;)

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 5th 2010, 2:52 pm

Naomi was leaning against Thalia's tree strumming her guitar, as usual. She stopped for a second to pat Peleus. She preferred the dragons company to most people. She was humming when she saw the satyr run by. "Hey! Where ya goin'?" she called he didn't pause or even wave. "Well. That wasn't strange at all." she mumbled to no one. She heard someone call and walked around the tree. She saw a girl around thirteen standing there.

"Hello." Naomi said. She took in the girls appearance and smiled "So you lived on the streets too." she realized that the girl hadn't crossed the border line. "Come on up here." she said "Peleus won't hurt you." she patted the dragon on the head "See? He's very sweet as long as you don't touch the fleece." she pointed to the golden fleece. She smiled warmly at the girl "I'm Meredith." she lied,, not trusting the girl. After all, Naomi hadn't forgotten the lessons she'd learned on the streets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://heartspelldeath.forum-motion.com
Sun Riverwood

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window, and I'm sitting on the floor ;)

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 5th 2010, 3:06 pm

It took Sun a while to realize someone was there. When she did realize she held up a rude hand that told the girl to wait and be quiet, at least until she herself had caught her breath. "Hey," she panted already suspicious. Sun contemplated lying about living on the streets but it was too obvious.

"Yes I did," she smiled, before giving Meredith an odd look.
"The dragon won't hurt me if I don't touch the fleece." she repeated, looking at the mad girl. "Um...okay." she said, it was obvious the dragon WAS friendly, so Sun walked closer to it. Not too close either. Sun noticed a hint of...something as the girl said her name. She was around fifteen or so with beautiful dark hair.

Sun did some quick thinking. It was obvious that she'd lived on the streets too when she was younger, how much younger, Sun didn't know. But she guessed it wasn't that long ago from the way she held herself. An older girl who'd lived on the streets not long ago? Bound to be as suspicious as Sun herself was.
"Hi Meredith," she said, emphasizing the name believed to be false, "I'm Flower," she smiled. It was a sort of personal joke. Sun was fairly tall, just like Sun Flowers were for what they were. So she thought it was funny to tell people her name was Flower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naomi Martin

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it, and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window, Sun's sitting on the floor, and if you look behind the open door you'll find me ;)

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 5th 2010, 8:12 pm

Naomi smiled when the girl crossed the border line "Welcome to Camp-Half Blood," she said "a camp for half-bloods like you and I. We are half human and half greek god. And no. I'm not crazy."

Naomi laughed when the girl said her name "Well, I guess we both know that I lied about my name and you lied about yours. I'm Naomi." she swung her guitar around to her back and held out her hand.

"I suppose we ought to get you settled in a cabin. I myself haven't even gone to the Hermes cabin yet. Oh Hermes is god of thieves,travelers, and such so you might want to keep your wallet and stuff close. Although I'm sure you've pick-pocketed enough times. As have I." Naomi said and smiled "It's nice to meet someone who grew up on the streets just like she herself had.
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 6th 2010, 8:30 am

Sun looked at the girl and took an unnoticeable step back, "Right." she said, corner of her mouth upturned and eyebrows raised.
"Yeah I guess," she laughed. "Nice to meet you Naomi. I'm Sun." she smiled, shaking the girl's hand. "Nice to meet another street rat," she winked.
"Oh you have a guitar? Surprised you had enough time and money to play one on the streets..." she said, eyebrows furrowed. The only thing Sun had had out there was the clothes on her back.
"Cabin? With...food? And beds? Clean clothes?!" Sun asked, practically jumping up and down with excitement and anticipation. "Right...well I don't really believe in God. Of uh...any kind." she said. "I don't have anything to keep close. Besides, I've lived on the streets. I'd keep things close anyway out of habit." she stated, looking at Naomi as if that much was obvious.
"Yeah I've pick-pocketed plenty in my time too," she laughed before adding in a more serious tone. "It's all you have out there. Your instincts and skills."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naomi Martin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 6th 2010, 6:35 pm

"I didn't believe it when I first got here either." Naomi said "To tell you the truth. I still don't." She looked up at the sky when thunder rumbled "People say that that' Zeus speaking." she said and looked at Sun "Actually I found this one in a trash can. Some rich person threw it out just cause it had a large scratch." she shrugged "I had plenty of time and I only played it in my alley."

"Well there's no food in the cabin. It's very crowded so you'll probably sleep on the floor. There are plenty of clothes though!' she said and smiled "Yeah but I'm just warning you. They're experts. Not better than me though! Yeah you only have your instincts and skills." she turned her head to looked out at camp.

"Well over there is the forest. Stocked with monsters. And over there is the Sound. Oh and there's the Big House. Those are the only places I've been." she said and clapped her hands "Well, to the Hermes cabin!" she said and began to head down the hill.
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 7th 2010, 12:27 pm

Sun sighed, "Give me a good explanation...then we'll talk,"
She looked around and sat down by the dragon's tree. "It's so confusing..." she muttered, knees drawn to her chest and staring out at the red sky. "I love the sunset, don't you?" she smiled. "It gave me hope."
But Naomi ruined the moment by talking about Zeus, "Well I say that's just thunder." she muttered, being an atheist she didn't believe in God. Any God. Certainly not multiple Gods and Goddesses. "If there were Gods...they'd have looked out for me all my life." she muttered, looking at the ground.
Sun's eyes had a misty look as she zoned off, completely blocking out Naomi's voice. But one word caught her attention.
"Monsters? Those things chasing me all my life?" she asked turning to look at the older girl.

((Sun's technically already been to the Hermes cabin. She has a bed and everything...))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naomi Martin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 8th 2010, 7:40 pm

Naomi walked back up the hill and sat next to Sun. "I do love the sunset." she said and brought her guitar back around and strummed a slow little tune on it. She laughed a little "I agree with you about the Zeus thing." she said "Yeah. The people say that one of them is your father or mother. If they were why didn't they care when we sat in an alley thirsty and starving?" she was beginning to get angry.

Naomi turned to her "Yep. Those things." she said and stopped playing her guitar. She pushed the center gem in her ring and her blade leapt out. "You kill the monsters with a special type of metal. It's called celestial bronze." she said and flipped her knife so that the hilt was facing Sun and she held the blade. She held out the knife.
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 9th 2010, 4:01 pm

Sun flicked the hair from her eyes, and resisted the urge to yawn and lie down on the comfy grass. Even though it was just grass...it beat cold concrete any day.
"I do too..." she smiled, looking at Naomi. "So...whereabouts were you on the streets?" she asked, out of interest. It'd be kind of funny if there paths had crossed before...
"Exactly..." she muttered with a frown, looking down at the Hill and noticing some kind of group of people who looked shady. "They tried to get me to join their gang," she said, nudging towards them. "Who are they?" Sun asked.
"Hey...your knife looks familiar..." Sun said, her brow furrowed. "Of course! I have one of those! Nothing fancy but it protected me...I'd always thought it was something someone threw away because it was faulty. It went through humans without a scratch..." she said, before explaining herself. "I was attacked by humans as well as monsters, you see.... I found a knife like that. It only goes through monsters..." she said, before reaching into her back pocket and pulling out a small, dirty knife. Like she's said, it wasn't fancy. Far from it... Just an average knife really.
"Maybe Mam...or Dad watched out for me after all..." she said, running her fingers across the dented blade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naomi Martin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 9th 2010, 5:19 pm

"Oh here and there." Naomi said "I was usually off of 35th" she glanced down the hill to see the group "Those are the rebels. They'll kill you if you give them the chance." she said and tapped her blade. It turned back into a ring. She looked at the knife that Sun showed her "It's still a nice blade." she said "Yeah. Humans attacked me too but they got their butts whipped!" she grinned "I just got this knife. Oh the bronze can only kill monsters and gods. Not mortals. If you take your knife to the armory they can fix it up for you. Yeah I found a note in the box that I lived in. It told me my name,age, and about camp. The ring was inside." She reached into her back pocket and brought out the note "I think the writing is masculine but I could be wrong." she looked at Sun "How long were you on the streets for?"
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 9th 2010, 5:34 pm

Sun looked up to the sky and sighed. Wishing those things about the Gods were real, because if they were...then she'd know a bit more about herself.
"Oh...I'm not entirely sure where I lived if I'm honest," she laughed. "Lucky I ignored them then," she said, eyeing the Rebels with disgust and a little fear.
"Hm...I might get a new one. Maybe. Nah...I think I'll wait till I get "claimed". That's what it is right? Gods "claim" their children." she said, with yet another sigh. "I don't even know if it's my Dad or my Mam that's Olympian." she said... "I mean, it's just so confusing!" she yelled, grabbing a nearby rock and chucking it down the Hill.
But I calm down and laugh, "How can writing be masculine?"
Sun picked up another rock and threw it, but not out of anger this time.
"I wasn't on the streets that long...five years. Before that I was in this horrible Orphanage...I'd rather not talk about it." she said, still not trusting Naomi enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naomi Martin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 9th 2010, 5:45 pm

Naomi smiled "Yeah the streets are pretty confusing." she said "Yeah that's what it's called. A claiming." she looked at the sea "It is pretty confusing." she watched the rock fly through the air and grinned "Hey, you'd better be careful! Your gonna hit someone!" she said "Well compare a man's writing to a woman's! There totally different!" she laughed "I guess your right. Writing can't be masculine or feminine." she looked over at Sun "Sorry that you had to live in a terrible orphanage and the streets. I was out in the streets for ten years. I was five when my mother or father abandoned me." her face grew hard "How could anyone in there right mind abandon a child!" she got her knife out and stabbed the ground "In this camp most of the trees have people living in them. There called...oh I forgot!"s he glared at the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 9th 2010, 6:00 pm

Sun glanced at Naomi and said wisely, "Cool it girl. Your alive, aren't you? Your in good health, right? Gods can't show favouritism towards their children...I bet if you look back; he or she really did help you." she said, shocking herself at her her bout of wisdom. She realized it was true, and smiled.
"I was told my mother died at birth and my Dad ran away when he found out Mam was pregnant. Maybe Mam didn't die at birth...maybe Dad ran to...Olympus?" she said, "They had their reasons," she smiled, looking out at the strawberry fields. "Sorry you've been on the streets for so long..." she said then.
"Um...dryads? Or nymphs?" she guessed, though she was illiterate she's overheard many a bedtime story and enjoyed mythology and myths.

Luckily she lived in one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naomi Martin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 9th 2010, 6:06 pm

Naomi took a deep breath "Your right." she said "Ah well the past can't be changed right?" she smiled a little "I hope you right about your parents Sun. I don't know what happened to my father or mother." she turned to Sun "Dryads. Thank you. They'll play nasty pranks on you if you harm their trees and the Nymphs will too. You'll find your bed filled with mud or bugs or something nasty!" she wrinkled her nose and grinned "But we didn't have much better on the streets did we?"
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 11th 2010, 4:53 pm

Sun grinned to herself, happy she'd helped Naomi feel a little better.
"Right," she smiled, before having a little giggle.
"Wouldn't it be hilarious if our godly parent were the complete opposite of us? I mean, maybe we take after the mortal side..." she laughed, imagining different scenarios that got her in stitches. Naomi probably thought she was mad. "Wow...today is the first time I've laughed since...since I was nine." she said, shocking herself it was that long ago she'd had a good laugh.
The last time, she'd laughed because she escaped the Orphanage successfully.
"Ew, really?" she asked, before remembering bugs and mud covered her normally anyway. "True," she laughed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naomi Martin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 12th 2010, 3:11 pm

"It would be funny! Maybe a little awkward too." Naomi said and laughed along with Sun "Wo nine? Well, I'll just have to make you laugh more often!" she grinned at Sun "Yeah! Although we could play a prank on some poor unsuspecting camper!" her eyes glinted mischievously "What do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 12th 2010, 3:31 pm

((I say 100 words Wink XD))
Sun Riverwood laughed, "It sure would! Oh my Gods, yes...just imagine going to war and using your powers, wearing the armour and bearing the banner, feeling like an idiot," she laughed, then went serious. Sun laughed at Naomi, not saying anything. It was a weak laugh...
"There will be war...won't there?" she asked, her smile falling as she looked down at the Rebel Camp. "With those dudes." she said, ignoring Naomi's offer for a prank for a while.
"I'm not really good at pranks...I could watch though," she smiled a little, all the while looking at the foreboding territory of the Rebel Camp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naomi Martin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 14th 2010, 12:56 pm

Naomi laughed with Sun "If I got Aphrodite I would die!" she said and looked at the sky "No offense Aphrodite."she looked back at Sun and her smile faded "Yes. There will be a war. With the rebels." she looked at the group of rebels that were standing there, watching. "Aw come on! I can't do a prank on my own! That's no fun at all!" she said and nudged Sun "Anyone can do it. It'll be fun! Maybe we could find another person to join us!" she stood and offered Sun her hand.
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 14th 2010, 1:10 pm

Sun smiled, "I don't think I'd mind any God or Goddess as my parent! You'd still have awesome powers and...it'd be nice to know where you belong. Even if you don't feel like you belong there," she said, deep in space and thinking. She loved just sitting somewhere peaceful. Thinking. Nothing else. Just thinking.

"Why are the Rebels the way they are?" Sun asked then, confused. "Where they banished or something?" she said, a rhetorical question. She had a feeling that the Rebels were Rebels of their own accord. Sun noticed the Rebels were staring at them,

"Uh yeah...let's go," she said, grabbing Naomi's hand and rushing out of the Rebels eyesight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naomi Martin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 14th 2010, 1:16 pm

"True. It would be nice to know who one of my parents are." Naomi said and stared off in space. "I don't know why the rebels are the way they are or if they were banished or not. It's one of the many things I have yet to find out." when Sun pulled her along she nearly fell when she tripped on a rock. "Let's go find someone to help us with the prank!" she said and regained her balance.
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   August 14th 2010, 1:17 pm

((Are you PM'ing someone to join? I don't mind who. I'll reply after them though.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi   

Back to top Go down

Newbie Alert! Open to all/Naomi
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1