Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Away From The Sun(Sun)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 10th 2010, 11:22 am

On the list of few things that Laura James hated,the sun was one of them.She was laying in the strawberry fields,sweating,feeling sick,and trying to eat strawberries to quench her thirst.It was all because of the sun.The sun caused to much heat,to much light,too much of it all.As well,it didn't help Laura that she was sensitive to heat and when there was too much it made her feel sick.Her eyes were also sensitive to light.If she looked directly at the sun for more then a second,Laura would have trouble seeing for about the next half-hour.Another thing that didn't help was that this was a summer camp not a winter or fall or even spring camp.No,it had to be the season that almost made her puke if she even went outside.

They didn't have air conditioning anywhere but the Big House either,and hardly anyone was allowed there.Mr.D was getting on Laura's nerves more and more each day.Nothing to do,Laura just laid there,almost wishing classes were still going on.While she was just laying there,she didn't notice another person come by.Laura never really talked to her but she knew her name.Oh my gods,the irony in that.
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window, and I'm sitting on the floor ;)

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 11th 2010, 4:42 pm

((I laughed at the title XD))

Sun Riverwood had decided to go exploring on her own. She'd finally accepted what she was, but being new in Camp; still hadn't been to half the places at Camp. She stumbled through fields and came to yet another field. This one, filled with strawberries.

"Yum..." Sun muttered, kneeling down to pick one of her favourite fruits.

Suddenly, she jumped up screaming. There was a girl there! Just lying there! Of course, having grown up on the hard streets, Sun was very untrustworthy and suspicious towards people she'd just met. So you can imagine her reaction when she saw a girl lying there looking like she was about to ambush her.

After she screamed, she set her face and knelt down, pinning the girl down and holding her by the throat.

"Who are you? Who's your parent? Where do you come from?" she shouted in the girl's face, demanding answers.

Last edited by Sun Riverwood on August 14th 2010, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 11th 2010, 6:12 pm

Laura just sat there and watched the girl have a simultaneous heart attack and stroke,well it was more then likely anyway.What did she think was going to happen?.This girl somehow reminded her of her mum,that's also not saying anything good either.Laura was timid around normal people,put she knew what do around psychos.She'd have to talk to Chiron later about getting this girl medication.The girl's name was Sun,Laura knew this from talking to other campers that mentioned her.There was so much irony there considering what her most recent thoughts were.Laura was about to attempt to calm the girl down when she felt hands around her throat!Oh my gods,this must be a curse from Apollo or something!

The girl called Sun was screaming at her,barely forming words.Laura lost to much breath to reply.No choice here,she'd have to fight.When she was about to do so is when the flashbacks came.Her mother did the same thing to her,but the difference was that her mum had a knife.Laura's eyes went wide, believing what happened then is happening now.Laura screamed the best someone being strangled could scream.She thrashed around wildly,landing a few hits on Sun,but most missed.Laura managed to get her off,just long enough to crawl away.Then she went for her knife.

(Cliffhanger!XD)
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window, and I'm sitting on the floor ;)

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 12th 2010, 4:40 pm

((Haha yeah XD Sun's not psycho o.O That's just her instincts! XD God-moder dude! How do you know your strong enough to get Laura off you? And how do you know even some of your hits would get Sun, huh? XD))

Sun noticed that the girl couldn't breathe properly, therefore couldn't reply. So sheloosened her hands slightly so the girl could talk and breathe properly.

"Who are you?" she asked again, "Where do you come from? Why were you just lying there? Are you a Rebel?" she yelled at the girl, ready to hold her hostage until she got her answers. Sun couldn't afford to let the girl go. She remembered back on the streets, she'd let a girl go then...and paid for it too. She wouldn't make that mistake again.

Sun had lost her grip a few times because the demigod was thrashing around like a lunatic. She made a mental note to get this girl some medication if she was a Camper. Or maybe she'd escaped from the loony bin... She lost her grip a few times and the girl had managed to hit her a couple of times and manage to crawl away too.

"You want to fight, huh? So you are a Rebel!" she grinned, reaching for her knife (Weird), but remembering how dented and broken it was from years of use, and reached for the sword Elizabeth had given her a few days ago.

"Your going to fight a sword with a knife?" she asked sceptically.

((What an awesome thread Wink))

Last edited by Sun Riverwood on August 14th 2010, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 12th 2010, 5:42 pm

(Someone thrashing wildly would definitely hit something Sun,plus your right on top of her so XD.Plus.Laura's not that strong but she could crawl away.I'll reply later,but I gotta go now.)

Sun lost her grip on Laura,thank the gods,at this point she had her knife out.Laura was completely frantic.When the girl mentioned the word rebel Laura start to see Sun and not her mother.When she did it made her mad,what in Hades is wrong with her?"I'm a camper!"she shrieked."I come from the streets!"Laura took a wild swing with her knife.The ADHD part of her head was still stuck on getting the girl medication so she would stop attacking people for doing nothing.Maybe she could get Elizabeth or Alexandra to help.But it's not time to focus on that.

Laura still felt sick from the sun,not the girl,and her skin around her throat still felt twitchy from when she was being strangled.None of that helped her odds.Why did this have to happen now?Laura heard Sun call her a rebel,idiot."Are you deaf?!"shrieked Laura again.This insane chick then asked if she was going to fight a sword with a knife."What choice do I have?"Laura shrieked again.

Last edited by Laura James on August 12th 2010, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 14th 2010, 11:50 am

((You could have said you'd replied Laura...))

Sun's face was blank yet at the same time, determined and (she hoped) intimidating.

"Your no Camper!" she yelled, shifting into her fighting stance. "Why were you lurking there then?" she asked, knife in front of her. What the girl said next made Sun laugh.

"Streets?" she laughed coldly. "You did not come from the streets! If you had, you wouldn't have been hiding there like a lunatic ready to ambush me!" she screeched. "You say your a Camper, and you came from the streets. If you had then you should understand why I panicked...attacked someone in hiding!"

Suddenly, she noticed a bronze knife slashing in front of her and her fighting skills kicked in as she brought her sword up to parry the blow.

"You could give in you lunatic!" she yelled, stepping in and trying to slap the other girl across the head with the flat of her blade. Sun wouldn't like to hurt anyone unless absolutely necessary. Maybe she'd be able to capture her and show her to Chiron or someone...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 15th 2010, 7:02 pm

((Sorry Sun!*huggles*sorry if I exaggerated in this post.))
Laura was getting angrier and angrier.This idiot was accusing her of lying and hiding.Paranoid psychotic freak much?Laura was a camper and proud,and noone was going to say otherwise!But,before she could put those words into action,she felt something hard hit her upside the head.It turned out to be the flat of Sun's sword.Laura staggered,she brought her hand shakily up to the side of her hand.Once she brought it away it was covered in a red liquid,blood.

Right,there she threw up,luckily enough,most of it landed on Sun's shoes.Laura began shaking,hoping this freak didn't mean to do it that hard and she wasn't a rebel.With her remaining strength,she tried to slap Sun across the face.She needs someone to knock sense into her.With luck she'll be smart enough to take her to someone like Chiron.Then it all went black.
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 17th 2010, 5:18 pm

((Haha wow you did a little but that makes it more exciting Smile *huggles back* noone lol Oh just some info for ya... Sun doesn't wear shoes XD))

Sun Riverwood stood still for a while, wondering why the girl hadn't collapsed yet... and then the revulsion struck. Sun realized just how hard she'd hit the girl with her sword... She was bleeding.

Sun screamed as though she'd never seen blood or anything worse before. She knew that she needed to keep a cool head, but she couldn't. It made it worse this time because she was the cause of it. "I did that..." she whispered, feeling dizzy and sick. Very sick. I refuse she thought, her chest heaving with effort. "Uh-oh... move out the way-ay-ay!" she said to the girl, before throwing up on her back. Sun caught the girl's hand before it made contact with her face. Not that it would have hurt her at all. The girl was way too weak to do any damage whatsoever.

With a watered down feeling of being grossed out, she registered that the girl had also thrown up on her.

Then Sun collapsed and all was silent.

((Muahahaha! Should we PM someone to join?))
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 17th 2010, 7:57 pm

((That might be a good idea.))
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 18th 2010, 2:29 pm

((Okay, who should we PM? I don't mind. You can if you want as I don't really know many people on the site...))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 19th 2010, 6:48 pm

Gods dangit. All I wanted to do was come up here and sneak a few strawberries, now I'm stuck with this? Gah! Whatever, this is what those rebels are trying to do to us, make us go insane from the inside. It's working, Laura thought to herself as she was running towards two girls in the strawberry fields. She had heard them screaming at eachother from far off and started jogging towards the sound, a bit concerned. When she actually saw the two and that they were fighting she began to sprint towards them. She had almost arrived when she saw the blonde one fall backwards after being vomitted on by the brunnette one then upchucking. The sight of this nearly made Laura puke herself, but she kept her cool.

"Hey! Knock it off!" Laura said firmly at the two with a look that said she couldn't believe what they had just done. "Do you want them to know that their plan is working? Do you want them to be satisfied that they're tearing us apart from the inside? Knock it off! If we turn against one another we have no one in the end!" she yelled at the two of them as her chest went up and down from her heavy breaths. Sparring was one thing, but accusing someone of being a rebel was something serious. It was something that should not have been done.

"Okay, now we've got to fix this. You're covered in this morning's breakfast and you've got a head injury. Let's see what I've got in here," Laura dug through her backpack as she spoke. Finally she pulled out a little baggy of ambrosia. She opened the bag and tossed a square to the brunnette. Hopefully the girl would listen to her so that way they could all go back into the heart of camp looking at least a little decent.

"Eat that up and then run to your cabin and pick out an extra shirt and shorts, quickly if you don't mind. I would do it myself, but I don't trust you two to be alone after trying to kill eachother. Please just do this once you've eaten that." Laura nodded slightly towards the square. She knew that whatever the girl had picked out probably wouldn't fit, and the blonde girl probably wouldn't want to change outdoors, but there was no other choice. She couldn't go back into camp covered in vomit.

((Okayyyy sorry but as I'm rereading this I'm noticing that they threw up on eachother. . . . for whatever reason I thought LJ vomitted on Sun and then Sun fell down and vomitted over herself. . . . . . ._. Yeahhhhhh I know failcase on my part, but I cba to retype it, sorry ._.))

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Rainbow ninjas riding on purple unicorns with cyan pandas!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thaliaspinetree.forumotions.net

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 20th 2010, 1:36 pm

((Um...Laura?Laura James is passed out right now.))
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 20th 2010, 5:25 pm

((Haha that's okay Laura. We're both kinda passed out though XD))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 20th 2010, 5:27 pm

((._. . . . . . . please ignore my post completely then ._.))

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 20th 2010, 5:38 pm

((I laughed at that XD Sorry Laura XD))
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 20th 2010, 6:34 pm

((Just make another one Laura A.))
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 20th 2010, 7:45 pm

((Nope, I didn't want to revise when I saw you threw up on eachother and I don't wanna revise nao. ._. Cause I'm a lazy bum at times XDDD))

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 27th 2010, 9:39 am

((Bahhhh.....what do we do then?))
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   August 27th 2010, 3:52 pm

((PM someone else? I don't really know many people on the site....What about MacKenzie?))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   September 9th 2010, 6:41 pm

((Here, this'll help you guys out ;]))

ERIS

A light laugh was vibrating throughout a golden bedroom. On the large circular bed located against the far wall, a woman behind a princess like curtain lay there, the cause of the laughing. It was funny how her children amused her. Just the small little acts of chaos they created were entertaining. Now child, the spitting image of herself, was nearly passed out on the ground. She knew it was cruel to laugh at how powerful a demigod was with chaos, even if they were not her child, but she did it anyway. If they wanted to cry over it, then she would let him. Eris wasn't Goddess of discord and strife for no reason.

"Oh come now, let's tidy you up," she said in a sing-songy voice as she flicked one of her fingers forwards, cleaning the vomit off of both of the girls. Eris was allowed to be nice some of the time. "Ah and you cannot return to camp while you're unconcious, now can you?" With another flick of her fingers both of the girls began to heal. She knew how much of a pain it would be for her daughter to have to drag the other girl back to the Big House and to the infirmary.

Once her daughter was awake, Eris let her symbol, a golden apple, appear over her daughter, Sun's, head. Moments after a bracelet with a single charm, a golden apple, fell into her hands. Whenever she willed it, the bracelet would temporarily let her turn invisible, but only temporarily.

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   September 11th 2010, 3:09 pm

((Oh that's so awesome! Thanks!!))

Sun suddenly awoke to a tinkling voice laughing and talking.
"Who's there?" she wondered out loud, surprised at how clear her voice was and when she looked over herself, she noticed how the vomit had completely come off, and there was no smell either! Who could have done such a thing? she thought, sitting up and looking at Laura. But she was still passed out... As she looked around, she realized that they were still very much alone. Was it possible that someone had come during the time she was unconscious? But as she looked up at the sky, it was stll light and the sun hadn't moved much at all, and no one was that fast at cleaning and healing two teenage girls.

Sun laughed happily, standing up without hurting one bit. She twisted around, looking for the friendly culprit that had healed them and cleaned both of them up. But nothing or no one was there. Or so she thought.

As Sun looked up, she could see the twinkling shine of a golden apple, hovering directly above her head. Now she knew enough about Greek Mythology to know that this was... no ... Eris's symbol?!

"No way!" she laughed, holding out her hands as the symbol burst into golden dust. A beautiful bracelet fell into her hands and she gasped. It must have been one of the most expensive looking things she had ever had to call her own. She immediately put it on and smiled, wondering if it had any hidden properties and not able to wait to find out what they were.

She had a million questions to ask her mother. Like how come she always lived on the streets and had no help from Eris? Who was her father? Why decide now to claim her? Does she have any other siblings? Is she related to a Rebel?

But of course, such things were impossible to ask a deity who wasn't there, so instead she looked up, smiling, and said a simple, "Thank you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Sun(Sun)   

Back to top Go down

Away From The Sun(Sun)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thalia's Pine Tree :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Strawberry Fields-
Jump to: