Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 14th 2010, 12:11 pm

Dec pretty much fled the crowded Hermes cabin, he couldn't take the murmurs, the body heat in the small cabin anymore. Sporting his cane staff and dark glasses, he walked around a bit, eventually finding a sandy place. He assumed that it was the beach, according to some other campers who were piteous enough to help him. He always hated how others pitied him because he was 'handicapped' or special. Declan could see just fine, he could hear and probably fight better than most kids his age. Dec didn't want to gloat, but he was pretty confident in his abilities. After all, no one ever expects the blind kid.

Declan walked a bit more before sitting on the ground. He assumed the sky was grey, because a cold breeze blew over his bare arms. Sitting down, he gathered the jacket around his waist and wrapped himself in it, pulling his legs into his chest. Now, at this camp, Dec felt more alone than ever. No one knew what he was going through, no one could comarpe. How many blind kids were at this camp? Dec knew that it was only one. Humming a sad tune, Dec stared at the sound of the waves, groveling in his own solace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sun Riverwood

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window, and I'm sitting on the floor ;)

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 16th 2010, 3:13 pm

((How old is Declan?))

Sun Riverwood had decided to go somewhere she hadn't yet gone before. The Long Island Sound. In all the time she'd lived at Camp, she still hadn't been to half the places there. Since it was a pretty windy day, she'd decided to dress up warmly. For the first time since she was born. She looked herself up and down in the empty Eris Cabin with a sigh of loneliness. She had no brothers as of yet, or sisters. No one but a ghostly cabin all to herself. Sure, it was great to be claimed, but she missed the Hermes Cabin, missed having a buzz of people around her.

She was wearing a purple vest top with "Eris" written on it, as she'd found there were clothes that fit her in her Cabin, so she'd got out a denim jacket that cut off above her stomach to see the writing on her top logo, jeans and sneakers. The first time she'd ever worn shoes, jeans and a jacket. Her golden charm bracelet she'd gotten from her mother was dangling at her wrist and she felt the most glamorous she had ever been in her life.

She left her Cabin, locking the door behind her as usual and started to walk towards the beach. There was a boy there, someone she'd never seen before, not even in the Hermes Cabin so she assumed he was still fairly new at Camp. She approached him nervously, fighting the urge to use her powers for the first time and either make something chaotic happen, or turn invisible and walk straight past unseen. Instead, she did nothing. Drawing her jacket tighter, she plonked herself down next to the boy, who she'd discovered was blind by the look of his cane and dark glasses.

"Hey," she muttered, drawing her knees to her chest, and glad for the warmth she'd missed out on all her life. It was weird, she was normally so much less trustworthy of strangers, but the boy looked so lonely and sad, she had to go talk to him. As she waited for his reply, she looked at the Sound. It was beautiful and she regretted not visiting earlier. Sun noticed a seagull walking slowly across the Sound and Sun grinned to herself. It was the perfect time to practice her powers.

Squeezing her bracelet for luck, she squinted at the duck ((haha I did a MAJOR typo there! Edited though XD)) and concentrated. Immediately, a rock seemed to appear out of nowhere and the duck fell flat on it's face. Sun burst out laughing, falling over and wiping her eyes. She was going to have so much fun with this! I can't believe I never saw myself as Eris's kid before, she thought to herself, laughing still.

"Boy, you should've seen that!" she gasped, before clamping a hand over her mouth and groaning awkwardly.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean that! It wasn't that funny anyway, it was just -" but a noise from behind them cut her off.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 16th 2010, 4:00 pm

((Waits for others to reply, can't wait to express sadness at the blind joke mishap. XD))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sun Riverwood

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window, and I'm sitting on the floor ;)

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 16th 2010, 4:02 pm

((Haha I know right XD It was more she forgot you were blind and you were looking the other way XD Anyway, I'mma just ask how old is Dec? Now I'll wait for the others.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 18th 2010, 3:40 pm

((I would say about 15 ish. XD I'm getting a bit tired of waiting, thinking about just replying to move things along.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it, and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window. If you look down Sun's sitting on the floor, and I'm behind your dresser XD

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 19th 2010, 12:46 am

Forrest angrily kicked a rock in no direction. She still felt trapped. When she came here, she wa promised the chance to become a better fighter, and do it so that fighing a monster would be enjoyable, not just ahhh, saveme, save me, I'm going to die!!!! *waves sword angrily in the air. Oh look I killed it! Well, nowadays, Forrest didn't do that anymore, that was just the ...first time she killed a monster. She had gotten much better on the streets but not one time had she ever neglected to think that either she or her sister were going to die. And of course, the last time she did. As she had been searching for this place. It had been a curse, all along. She kicked the rock again and again, paying no attention to where she was going. Finally, she noticed that the grass was thinning; and eventually tured into sand. She looked around and realized she was at the beach. She breathed in the salty air and forgot her troubles for a split second. After a few seconds, she heard voices. She inched over twords them to find the speaker. The voice was recognizable, and she soon realized it was the first person she had ever met at the camp. When she got there she realized that Dec was there too, she lit up when she saw him, realizing he was the first person she actually liked without question.

Forrest just heard Sun say something about something being funny. She looked around and Forrest decided it best to make herself known. "Hi Dec!!" She said excitedly. "Hi Sun!" She said a little less enthusiastic, but not too much to notice. She was still confused on wether or not the two liked each other. Sometimes Forrest wished to say she liked her, and others, she really had no clue.

Trying to remain in her unusual bright mood, Forrest said, "so what have you guys been up to?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thehungergames.forumotion.com/
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 21st 2010, 12:30 pm

((Is wondering if Evan will post before I do XD))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 21st 2010, 2:29 pm

((Maybe you should try PM'ing her? After a reply I think we should post in an exact cycle, it's less confusing. Though that's just my opinion XD Evan probably doesn't know it's up yet.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 21st 2010, 4:20 pm

((I have pm'd her, just waiting for a reply now. I personally don't care in what order we post.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evan Adairia Lewis

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it, and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window. If you look down Sun's sitting on the floor, Forrest is behind your dresser, and I'm sitting on your desk!

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 21st 2010, 9:16 pm

((sorry I didn't even know this thread existed until Dec PMed me))

Evan sat in her little corner of the Hermes cabin. Her eyes were closed tightly, she was trying to block out the sound, but instead, the sound was getting more overwhelming by the second. She opened her eyes, closing them wasn't working so Evan just sat there, singing a song in her head. She starred at her knees for several minutes, memorizing the pattern of the denim of her jeans. Suddenly the cabin door opened, a cold blast blew throughout the cabin as a girl walked in. The girl was wearing designer clothes and looked like she had just stepped off a runway. Daughter of Aphrodite, Evan though immeadeatley. She went over to the girl sitting on the bed nearest to Evan's cramped corner and immeadeatley demanded for the girl to give her the charm bracelet that had been stolen. The too girls bickered for several minutes. Evan, finally sick of their banter, stood up and walked over to them. "And are you positive she stole it? Why don't you go look in one of your suitcases, and maybe you'll find it with last seasons clothes!" Evan snapped before storming out of the cabin.

Evan stopped a few feet from the cabin and took a deep breath. Evan, calm down, Evan told herself. She had been on edge a lot recently; she hadn't heard from her dad for several weeks now and she was beginning to worry. Evan kept telling herself that he would be alright, but somehow she doubted it. Evan set off in a random direction, she didn't even bother looking around her as she made her way down one of the paths.

Evan stopped and looked up when she heard waves. "The sound." She mumbled, before continuing on her way. Evan went around a bend and saw three figures, two of them looked familiar, but Evan couldn't place them. As she got closer she realized that it was Forrest, Dec, and some other girl that she had never met. "Oh, Hey Dec. Hey Forrest." She said, just loud enough for them to hear her. She nodded to the other girl and sat down by Dec. "So how's camp been for you?" She asked, nicely, though she felt the exact opposite.

((meh. My muse has gone into a thesis on the Epic of Gilgamesh :/))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 22nd 2010, 9:28 am

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean that! It wasn't that funny anyway, it was just -" the girl sputtered, but Dec raised his hand. Shaking his head slightly, the corners of his lips turned down slightly as he spoke to the girl, while facing the waves. "Don't waste your time on an apology. I understand it was unintended. It kind of a trivial thing, actually." He explained, for once ignoring the sounds coming up behind him. He wasn't in the mood to seem bright, but he had a sinking feeling that 'happy' was a role that he was going to play once again, a role that he could be quite good at when he needed to be.

Dec heard the bright cheery greeting of a familiar voice. It was Forrest, one of the first people he met in camp, albeit it had been a few days. Dec could recognize voices easily enough. "so what have you guys been up to?" She asked, and Dec almost bit back with a snide response. Being blind, how 'bout you try it sometime? But he knew the comment was sorely out of place and only the thoughts of a troubled teen with an anger problem. But Dec knew that he had to step into the role now, or he would slip into the cracks.

"Oh, just listening to the waves. It's quite nice actually." Dec answered, almost as if he was british. Declan ran a hand through his golden hair as he listened to the wind. It was picking up slightly, but not overly so. He thought about saying something, but the sound of more footsteps filled his sensitive ears. Another one here for the show that I'm giving. Declan thought, and sighed. He then heard the greeting from the other girl he met that day, Evan. The one who spoke in latin or something.

"So how's camp been for you?" She asked, and Dec thought he heard something in her voice, a note of uncertainty. Dec once again assumed his role of a happy blind kid that had no problems, and managed a small crooked smile at his companions. Keeping up the act he rubbed his hands together and wrapped them back around his long legs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it, and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window. If you look down Sun's sitting on the floor, and I'm behind your dresser XD

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 26th 2010, 12:16 am

Forrest sat down soon after she spoke, she huddled her knees closer to herself and the cool breeze was a little too much for her. She looked over to Dec beside her and let out a faint smile as he said, "oh, just listening to the waves. It's quite nice actually." It truly was in fact. Forrest had not set aside time to just listen to the waves in a really long time. She closed her eyes and let the sound engulf her, so calm, so peaceful, almost sad. Forrest was in fact very sad and doing her best to hide it. She felt enclosed here, she didn't know what to do, but she had no choice on what she could do anyway.

She slowely opened her eyes and said, "it really is quite nice." Her voice was faint and quiet. She had no real choice of being social today, but she decided it must good for her to be around people. She did not want to get in a dispute with Sun again, but then again, she didn't want to do anything.

Her thoughts were cut short by and outburst of, "Oh, Hey Dec. Hey Forrest. So how's camp been for you?" Evan had spoke, she had arrived without Forrest noticing due to her losing herself in the peacful sound of the waves. She unburied her face from her knees, and she cast a glace above her. Evan sat down a little ways from her. She caught a glimer of a smile from Dec beside her.

Sighing, Forrest replied, "it's alright, you?" She wanted to say something more like "deifne shit." However, she did not. Like Dec, she faintely smiled and put her head back in her knees. She quietely hummed a soft tune quile she waited for anyone to speak.
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 26th 2010, 2:31 pm

Sun Riverwood noticed someone else walk up to herself and the blind kid, Forrest. The girl she’d met on the Hill.

“Oh...hey Forrest,” she said, trying to force enthusiasm into her voice, but what with the duck incident she couldn’t muster enough. Not that she could’ve anyway to that particular person. Neither of them were sure if they were friends.

When Forrest asked the two teens what they’d been up to Sun remained with her knees to her chest, and her crossed arms covering half of her face.

“Embarrassing myself,” she muttered inaudibly before uttering a simple, “Nothing,” a little louder.

She was about to walk away and hope no one saw her when another girl came onto the scene. Sun had seen her around the Hermes Cabin before her claiming, Eva or Evan or something like that...

The girl said hey to the other two, but nodded at her. How polite, she thought to herself, a little angry.

She looked up then, as the boy apparently called Declan spoke. Sun sighed, her face sinking deeper into her arms as if she was hiding her shame.
As the trio of friends spoke and asked each other how they were, Sun sat there wishing she’d just strolled past the boy like she’d planned to in the first place.

((What do you mean “’it’s quite nice actually,’ he said almost as if he was British” That doesn’t make sense...elobarte? Thanks! Sorry my reply took so long as well.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 26th 2010, 6:34 pm

((by adding the 'quite' in there, it gives it a brittish feel. You may not see it, but American's do lol (modern tv, i apologize) Razz I'm feeling a little razzy Razz

I'm waiting for someone else to reply...))
Back to top Go down
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 27th 2010, 11:55 am

((yeah, we really do notice it. I take it most of you are british then?))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 27th 2010, 2:29 pm

((We do realize we say it, we just don't realize that you don't. I thought Declan was putting on an accent or something and I was about to ask which one, but yeah never mind...
Oh and Dec, I'm the only Brit on the thread. What made you think the others were?))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evan Adairia Lewis

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it, and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window. If you look down Sun's sitting on the floor, Forrest is behind your dresser, and I'm sitting on your desk!

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 27th 2010, 8:27 pm

((I'm sorry, I have to reply tomorrow, I am literally drowning in my homework...))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 27th 2010, 10:56 pm

((just Sun, Evan and I (English teacher be proud) are American. Some people like Makayla and... (help me out here Sun) are beittish, but the majority of people on this site are American)
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 28th 2010, 2:36 pm

((Er...no Forrest I am not American XD You should know which country I come from by now! XD Yah I know, minor error XD Luke, Makayla and I are BRITISH yes. The majority of the Brits on every site I'm on are English though XD So I'm a nice refreshing wave of Welshness.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 28th 2010, 10:55 pm

((No I was saying just sun, (is brittish) Evan and I are American lol epic fail))
Back to top Go down
Sun Riverwood

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 29th 2010, 2:36 pm

((No, I'm not brittish, I'm British XD Anyway...is anyone going to reply?))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   September 29th 2010, 9:21 pm

((I'm sorry, *ends the Spam* this is reminder to reply! Sad))
Back to top Go down
Evan Adairia Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   October 10th 2010, 5:44 pm

Evan looked out at the waves mesmerized. When Dec didn't reply, she looked over at him to see a strange smile on his face. The smiled looked forced, but Evan couldn't blame him for it, nor did she say anything. She stared at the waves once more, waiting for someone else to reply. Forrest said something about camp being 'alright' and asked how Evan was, but to Evan that sounded forced as well. She briefly wondered if they were actually having problems or if it was just her. Evan hesitated, and thought about what she was going to say before she said it. She could lie, tell them camp was great, or she could tell them the truth; that it sucked. She finally decided that she didn't care. “Eh. It’s fine I guess…” She mumbled before trailing off.

She then remembered the other girl, who was sitting on the other side of Dec. Evan looked towards the other girl. “I’m Evan, Evan Lewis. Sorry for not introducing myself sooner.” She said hastily, only realizing now how impolite she had been. She starred at the girl for a second before looking at Dec, and then glancing back at Forrest. Evan gave a small, cynical smile, which was hidden by her hair; Forrest, Dec, and the other girl were all sitting with their hand on their knees, while Evan was sitting their cross legged. She almost laughed, she was always the different one of the group, but then she realized who she was sitting next to and the smile vanished from her face. Sure she was a little different, but then there was Dec, who was blind, a totally different thing from sitting differently from everybody else. Evan mentally berated herself for a moment; he probably didn’t want to be treated differently, and he probably didn’t want anybody’s sympathy as it was. So Evan decided to treat him the same as anybody else. She was about to mention going to the arena to spar, but a cold wind came up from behind them. Evan gasped and shivered; the wind had blown straight down the back of he neck. Gods I hate cold weather, she thought as she zipped up her jacket.

((Ok, guys, I’m REALLY sorry I haven’t posted :/ my life is super hectic right now, but hopefully it will slow down by next week because then cross country will be over and I will have more spare time and I won’t be sleep deprived and stuff...sorry about the bad post as well, I have no muse, but I’m trying to reply to everything at once and it’s not working very well…))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   October 11th 2010, 12:06 pm

((oh it's fine, everyone is pretty busy. I'll post next.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   October 12th 2010, 9:36 am

Dec listened to everyone mumble something, mostly some monosyllables. Dec looked straight forward, not moving his head, except for lifting it slightly, as if to glance at the sky. As if... he thought sarcastically. He gave a sort of side smile, and lowered his head back down. Drumming his hands on his calves to some sot of rugged yet patterned beat, Declan wondered what the sky actually looked like today. It had been long since he had seen the sky, or actually, anything. Your Blind, idjit! Declan reminded himself, as if his mind were the older, meaner brother who was extremely blunt. But he wanted to know, nonetheless. Dec just didn't want the pity of and guilt of the others weighing him down. Dec would just save that question for someone he grew close to. If any.

Dec listened to the waves, and the slight rustling of the trees. Dec still need to say something, because the silence was more than he could handle at this point. Sure he didn't want to talk, but not having anyone to listen to was a painful reminder of the woods. Dec shifted himself, so that his legs splayed out in front of him and his weight on his hands behind him. Declan took a deep breathe, and spoke.

"Do you guys ever wonder," He started looking at the approximate location of the people next to him, " I mean, do you ev-" He cut off, trying to make sense of what he was trying to convey with them. "Like, do you guys ever wonder what life would be like, if we weren't, you know, what we are?" He moved his head foward again, letting his question sink in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)   

Back to top Go down

Unwanted guests... (Forrest, Evan, open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thalia's Pine Tree :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Long Island Sound-
Jump to: