Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Learning something new ((Dec))

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new ((Dec))   December 6th 2010, 11:13 pm

(i'm assuming that he's kind of sitting.)

He stood upon a ledge, overlooking a canyon not unlike the ones he dreamed about. Dream? was that what this was? He didn't know. But the scene laid out before him was breathtaking. Deep ravines and small rivers crossing over the valleys. He didn't know if there were mountains, unfortunately there was heavy cloud cover. The teen sighed, feeling mysterious content. That was a mistake. He took a step forward, and the ledge crumbled, and the valley faded away. He scrambled for hold, anywhere, but it was too late. He was falling faster now, surrounded not only by black, but something else. There was a grey swirling around him, and he squinted hard to make out exactly what they were. There! a flash of green, some browns too. He shook his head, this wasn't happening. Just then, faces erupted out of the darkness. Forrest, His parents, the satyr, all the faces of only the voices he knew. He blinked, and suddenly they were gone.

He wouldn't realize until later than there where no eyes on any of the faces.
He wouldn't realize until later that he could see.

Declan gasped, nostrils flaring with the oxygen taken in. He blinked a couple of times, adjusting to the black around him. Dec went through the list which e always had whenever he took a nasty fall. His name was Declan Liles. He grew up in Manhattan. He was an only child and suffered from being blind. He had no parents. Not anymore. He was now at camp. It was then that Declan realized that he wasn't standing any longer. Instead he was being held...by something. Declan sputtered a bit, and tried to sit up, groping around for his cane. It was like a security blanket. And as confused as Declan was, he needed that cane.

He mumbled incoherently about the dream, as he sat up, rubbing his head. "M-my cane? Where's m-my c-cane?" He stuttered, his tongue feeling heavy and awkward in his mouth. His head throbbed horridly, like he was hit with a sledge hammer. "F-forrest?" He asked, concentrating on forming the words. His mouth didn't want to work with his head, and that was giving him a headache. His mouth moved again, and his only thoughts were on his words. "I-uh... thanks f-for h-helping me. Need to s-stand u-up." He held his hand up, this time his motives so different than the last.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it, and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window. If you look down Sun's sitting on the floor, and I'm behind your dresser XD

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new ((Dec))   December 7th 2010, 8:32 pm

((That sounded like Katniss!! If you've read those books.... Sorry it's short, I didn't have much to say :/ and my muse took a nap))

Forrest heard Dec gasp and her first instinct was to fling her arms around him. She was so glad that he was alright. She felt embarrassed at how she was overreacting. He had only fainted ...right? She realized that he was awfully quiet until he finally said. "M-my cane? Where's m-my c-cane?"

Forrest leaned over to grab it for him and then handing it to him she said almost soothingly, "it's right here. Everything is okay, it's here." He spluttered out her name. "I'm right here, your fine."

"I-uh... thanks f-for h-helping me. Need to s-stand u-up."
At first Forrest didn't want to help him up. She thought he needed to just lie there for a little bit more, he seemed pretty shaken up, but she took his hand anyway. She stood up and pulled him up. "There, are you alright?" She felt like she was being a mother. Acting like a mother wasn't a big turn-on for her but she felt it was the right thing to do. She didn't know how to place it, but something was ...weird. Something about this day had been weird. She shook off the thought and averted her attention back to Dec as he probably needed it more than anything else. At this point she really wished she could do something. She wanted to use her healing powers but she didn't even know how they were used, how to use them or anything. She made a mental note to ask one of her siblings next time she was with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thehungergames.forumotion.com/
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new ((Dec))   December 8th 2010, 8:10 pm

((i have, and we all have posts like that.))
Declan grasped his cane in one hand and Forrest's hand in the other as slowly he stood up. He hadn't minded that Forrest hugged him earlier, she was probably just glad that he was ok. But Declan didn't feel okay. He felt horrible, trapped by his mind with thoughts that made no sense, and the scarring images of his friends without eyes. His faint spell dream had gone from serene to disastrous quickly. What did it mean though? Declan wondered idly was he adjusted to being vertical once more and worked through the throbbing pain in his temples and neck. I must've really hit hard this time. He concluded as he took a feeble step, getting his bearings.

"I-I'm good. Just a bit jarred t-that's all. It's happened b-before." Declan sighed, his speech was returning, albeit slowly. His tongue felt like it was stung by a bee. Swollen. This hadn't happened before, but Declan was sure it wouldn't last long. After all, He was already blind, being a mute surely wasn't in the cards for him. Not yet, anyway. He wondered at that moment what happened while he was unconscious. One moment he was falling and the next Forrest was there, helping him. He really aught to thank her.

Declan turned to Forrest, and put all of his concentration into his words. No stuttering for this fool. "Forrest?" he asked, not really knowing where she was in the armory. " I...uh.... want to thank you. Not just for the faint help. But, for everything." Declan stopped, unsure of what to say next. Dec was never very good with words. "And..well..." he stopped again, this time trying to figure out the words. "I appreciate you l-listening to me. It means alot."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it, and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window. If you look down Sun's sitting on the floor, and I'm behind your dresser XD

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new ((Dec))   December 8th 2010, 11:42 pm

Dec reassured Forrest that he was fine. She was unconvinced but she didn't say anything to protest. He seemed a little unstable. Forrest could not help but wonder what really happened. Once second he was there, the next he seemed to lose his balance and then he blacked out. She knew she was overstressing the whole matter but it was her instict, she couldn't bring herself to think of anything else. She sighed and walked back over to her arrows. She began to fashion them again as she waited for Declan to regain his composer.

Only a few seconds later, he thanked her. "Forrest? I...uh.... want to thank you. Not just for the faint help. But, for everything." She took a step closer to him.
"It's nothing really..." She began, but she was cut off as he continued.
"And..well... I appreciate you l-listening to me. It means alot."

On a normal occasion, Forrest was not the best with being thanked ...or replying to getting thanked. In fact, she never really got thanked ...she usually didn't even talk to people. She didn't really know what to say and she stumbled upon a reply. She knew she couldn't just ignore this, she knew he actually meant it, just by the tenderness of his voice. The words flowed out of her mounth before she could stop them. "For you, I would do it any day." Then she paused to actually understand what she said. She didn't mean it in a sympethetic way like oh, a blind kid, he needs our help! But she really meant it, Dec was her best friend, and she didn't want anything to change that.

"Your welsome, and thank you, for listening as well." This part she muttered because sometimes her pride would get the better of her and it was hard to admit. "To my supid sob story."
Back to top Go down
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new ((Dec))   December 15th 2010, 11:26 am

Declan immediately burst out, not caring about his slight stutter. "It's not a stupid sob story!" He laid his arm on her shoulder. It's the story of your life. It defined you, and it defines others as well. Mine does the same for me. You hardly complain, from what I gather. A sob story is when you whine and cry about how unfair your life was and expect everything to happen for you. But Your story, your life, is a tale of a sisters, strong sisters against the world. I was lucky enough to get to know one. I don't want you to think that your life is pathetic, because it is not." Declan finished, not even noticing that his stutter was gone.

"I'd listen to you any day, Forrest. You've been my first friend in a while, and Look! Despite all that's happened today, I'm happier than before. I never thought I 'd have someone that cared again. " Declan added, the knuckles on his cane turning white. He walked over to sit down, feeling for the bench with his cane. "I'm happier, thanks to you. I don't feel quite so....worthless anymore. I'm not blind in your eyes." He finished, looking down.

((sorry its short had not time))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new ((Dec))   December 16th 2010, 4:15 pm

Forrest just stood there amazed at the fierceness of how he came back. When he put his arm on her shoulder, her stomach fluttered, but she didn't mind. She pushed it away because she wanted to hear what he had to say. She knew that he would be the boy that turned her life around.

She listened to his every word, drinking them in. She was glad she had some one who didn't think she was nothing, worthless. When he finished with, "I'd listen to you any day, Forrest. You've been my first friend in a while, and Look! Despite all that's happened today, I'm happier than before. I never thought I 'd have someone that cared again. " Forrest was at a loss for words. She pretty much wanted to say the same thing back, but repeating him would sound rude and saying ditto was just6 uncalled for especially at this moment.

She watched him sit down as she kind of stood there awkwardly. The words weren't forming in her head like they usually did. Her head spun, she didn't know what to do. However, she sat beside him and hugged him. It almost seemed out of instinct, it could have been considered a natural movement even though it defiantly wasn't. She hardly ever cared for people, and he was almost the first person besides Emily. "You have no idea." She said in a small voice, barely louder than a whisper. It was stupid, because from what he had just said, she knew he must.

((sorry if it's a little confusing, I think I confused myself at the end :/))
Back to top Go down
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new ((Dec))   December 22nd 2010, 11:22 am

((So sorry I didn't post earlier, crazy last couple of days. Hmm, do you think that this thread is coming to an end? Perhaps we should start a new one.))

Declan didn't shudder at the personal touch of Forrest when she hugged him. Usually touching people was alien, but he expected Forrest to hug him. Or rather, that she would do soemthing just for the lack of words he must have caused her. So he let her do it, and sat there for a while. "You have no idea." Forrest mumbled, and Declan thought about that. Though, he really didn't notice the fact that when she hugged him, Declan had put his arm on her shoulder. An instinct that would've been natural to any other person, but him. but he was thinking too much about the days events to even notice.

Declan thought that her words were contradicting what had just happened. For him to show that level of caring, and understanding, he had to of understood something. In general, the whole conversation surprised himself because he never thought that he would care again. Only about how to survive, only about Himself. But here he was, consoling a girl, and himself in the process. Declan cared now. Once a blind person has a taste of sight. how could they willingly go back to being blind? It was the same concept here. Declan cared about Forrest, how could he go back to being solitary? Forrest changed so many things for him in the span of one day.

But yet, the principles of caring for someoen frightened the blind teen a bit. He believed himself too... unprepared to care for someone, even as a friend again. Perhaps he was scared of losing someone he was close to again. Perhaps he didn't want to let the friend inside. Declan considered both of these options, before settling for the stunning realization that it was both. He was scared to know what would happen if he made a friend, too scarred by the last outcome to even want to guess at the next. He would rather stay in the dark, than to search for a switch that would either provide light, or make matters worse.

That was when Declan thought out loud to himself. "I don't know if I can do this." He mumbled, only realizing too late what he had just let slip. He didn't know in what context, or how Forrest would take his words. He hadn't dared to move from his spot too, arm still resting on Forrest shoulder, even though one half of him yelled for it to be taken away.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new ((Dec))   December 25th 2010, 2:58 am

((me too. I'm on vacation and I rarely have time to fit a reply in, sorry. Noo, yeah.... We should))

Dec kind of returned the hug. He put his arm on her shoulder and the flutters came back. There was a long pause where neither said a word. Forrest went over the day in her head, analyzing every moment. She remembered the feeling of loss when he spoke about leaving. She knew this was dangerous buisness, she had made a mistake. She had brought him in too much, now if he left, she knew emotionally she wouldn't survive, mentally?  She was already to frail there as well.

"I don't know if I can do this." the words seemed to have come from nowhere. After Dec said it, he hadn't removed his arm from her shoulder. Forrest realized she was still hugging him. She stepped back a bit and let the words process in her head. At this moment, she knew three things. A) she didn't know what he meant by it. B) she did not want to get in a fight. C) maybe she felt the same way. 

The third option formed in her head so quickly she didn't have time to verify it. She looked at her toes. Her eyes found her wrist dangling at her sides. She pulled it up. She looked over her scars. "The depressed little Apollo kid" she chuckled in less than a whisper. It was the title she had been given by most of the claimed kids. Many were her age or older; hardly any were younger. So she was little to them. Supposedly all Apollo kids were bright, happy and sunny. She sighed "not me." She didn't know if it was loud enough for him to hear, but if it was, he was probably confused.

"Maybe your right." The words came out before she could stop them. "How could I have the same thing that happened to my sister happen to you?" The words processed in her mind. Maybe she was right.... but she didn't want to admit it.
Back to top Go down
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new ((Dec))   December 26th 2010, 5:44 pm

((Okay, Declan is about to leave, so... Sorry its really short, can't tihnk of things to fill with NO MUSE))

As soon as Forrest Stopped speaking Declan stood up grasping his cane. He knew it before she probably did. Today's events were coming to an end. They had already missed dinner, and he just needed to...escape. He needed to get to a clear, cool spot and think about the day's events, ponder about what they meant. He couldn't do that with his judgement clouded by Forrest's company. No, it was better if he did it alone. Then he could be clear headed about what this all meant.

Stretching his neck out, Declan spoke. "Forrest, sorry, but It's getting late...I..uh.. Need to go. Besides, I think we both know that a lot of things happened today, and a good thought session alone is what I would prefer right now. Can you not say the same? Besides, I have a feeling that we missed whatever dinner is left." He stopped and smiled, before walking towards the door. He hobbled to the door, a bit unsteady from his fall still. He gasped the wall jutting out next to it, steadying himself. Declan decided that he needed to go train soon, being this unsteady wasn't good at all. "If you need to find me, I'll be at the arena, beating all traces of weakness out." He chucked a bit more and gave a wave, still hesitant to leave until she bid him farewell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new ((Dec))   January 7th 2011, 5:20 pm

((should I reply or do you just want to start a new one?))
Back to top Go down
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new ((Dec))   January 9th 2011, 1:12 pm

((I say start a new one... but that is me))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new ((Dec))   January 10th 2011, 10:31 am

((Ok, because I wouldn't have had much to say anyway))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new ((Dec))   

Back to top Go down

Learning something new ((Dec))
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2