Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lok and Key (newb thread pg13)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Lok and Key (newb thread pg13)   October 22nd 2010, 11:34 am

Lok woke up to a leaf on his face. Grumbling, he brushed it off. His eyes assessed where he was, and went into panic. How did he get here? Where was 'here'? His head was pounding, his hear racing faster as he realized what exactly happened yesterday. He remembered the woods, staggering up some hill, and then...nothing. He didn't remember passing out, but he did remember that he needed a line really bad. "Dammit." Lok grumbled as he realized that he couldn't get one out here, and the fact that he was supposed to be quitting the drug, not craving more. But that was the nature of addiction, never recovering was what you paid for another line.

Shakily he got to his feet, his moves jerky and unstable. His head was pounding, and he couldn't quite see straight, but he had to keep moving, he had to get food. So when Lok laid eyes on the campsite below. he remembered why he passed out in the first place. A wall on fire, an arena of somesorts, something resembling that parthe-building in italy or Rome. Lok couldn't quite remember the details very well, despite having excelled at history class before switching foster families. He studied the architecture, it seemed like it was developed from ages old and new. He sighed, school used to be enjoyable. Lok shook his head, thoughts seemingly spilling out of his ears. He had so many questions. One rising above all the rest.

"Where the hell am I?" He asked, and he turned to the sound of rustling leaves.
Back to top Go down
Makayla

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see me

PostSubject: Re: Lok and Key (newb thread pg13)   October 24th 2010, 5:03 pm

Makayla was bored. B-O-R-E-D, BORED! There was nothing to do, she didn't know if Magnus was in or training or whatever and she didn't really want to go looking for him, even though he was technically her best friend. She looked out of the Hades cabin window and up to Thalias Hill. It seemed to be empty so she quickly threw on a pair of black skinnies, a black and white checkered top, and her converse. She shadow travelled to the top of the hill, where she was greeted by a "Where the hell am I?" She smiled, stepping out of the bush she had landed in. "Jeez...Straight to the point..." She said, smirking. "Your at camp half-blood, a camp for freaks like us." She wasn't in a pleasent mood at the moment, her eyes had a black tinge to them, which meant she was close to losing control. "You okay kid? You look kinda ill... Your not injured are you?" She looked him up and down, searching for any kind of injury. If this kid was ill and she lost control then he wouldn't stand much of a chance against her.
"I'm Makayla. Immortal Daughter of Hades at your service. We're demigods... Children of the greek gods, mainly mistakes. But ah well.... And you are?"
((Sorry its kinda crap... i'm being forced off...))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it, and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window. If you look down Sun's sitting on the floor, and I'm behind your dresser XD

PostSubject: Re: Lok and Key (newb thread pg13)   October 24th 2010, 6:24 pm

Forrest rolled out of bed. Realizing the time, she swore under her breath. She was late for her first day of duty by an hour. Brushing her arm against her bed, Forrest felt a jolt of pain and she remembered a few events of the previous night. This made her feel justified for sleeping in, but it also made her feel really guilty. Ever since Forrest's talk with Dec, she had not had a major mood swing... until last night.

Forrest could not remember most of the events that had happened the previous night, but deep gash below her wrist made her not want to remeber what had happened. She had a massive headache and her eyes burned, but she knew she had to get to the hill lest some
Ares kid put her in even more pain. Assuming that most liklely noithing would happen, she grabbed her ipod and an apple.

Forrest had never fed Peleus before, but she assumed if her turned up the apple, she could eat it. Her stomache growled at even the thought of eating something. She had not eaten anyting since about noon yesterday, but she "forgot."

------

Nearing the hill, Forrest realized that someone was already there. She felt really bad realizing that she should have been there for them. Suddenly, some girl just popped out of a bush. Forrest blinked to make sure that really happened, but then she began up the hill realizing it was better that at least there was someone there.

Upon reaching the two people, Forrest heard the girl who popped in state her name and her parent before asking of the other person. The other kid was obviousley new, he looked tired and hungry and very confused. Finally getting to the people, Forrest apologized, "I'm so sorry, I should have been here earlier. But, I'm a little ...lazy." She said unusually bright for what she had done the night before. Suddenly the pain and the fury came to her. Her eyes became watery and she thought to herself what the hell am I doing here? For all she knew, she could be hungover. Taking an involuntary step back, Forrest sighed and said, "I'm Forrest... Do you need anything?" She was clueless of what to say, but she knew that when she just arrived, all she wanted was questions answered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thehungergames.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Lok and Key (newb thread pg13)   October 25th 2010, 5:30 pm

If Lok had known that he was going to get ambushed by people the second he opened his mouth, then he wouldn't of done it. Last thing he needed was a bunch of strangers thinking lowly of his bloodshot eyes, snarly mood and shaky movements. He silently cussed as the girl chatted on about freaks and camps. "Ah, well I guess that sums me up just dandy." Lok shot back, not really in the mood for anything but another line and sleep. But, Lok had already decided that he had better stop thinking about what his body craved because he sure as hell wasn't going to find any in this camp.

THe girl asked about him being injured or sick. Injured? I wish, Sick, yeah, you could say that... Lok thought as he waved her words off. "Sick? As if." Lok said as he took another shaky step. Get on your feet, Lok, you don't want these people guessing why your so out of it! So take it up a notch. Be an Actor! you used to be one...remember? Lok chided himself heavily as the girl introduced himself.

"Mistake? of course." Lok interjected, before introducing himself. "Lok Azriel, Son of someone." Greek Gods? Camp? What exactly had Lok stumbled into when he climbed up this hill? Lok took another look around, this time, to see another girl up and talking to him. His headache couldn't take much more. He was jittery shaky and snarky. THe girl introduced herself and asked if he needed something. " A li-I mean, a place to stay, some answers, but first and foremost, some answers. But this hill, it ain't good on my....back. So can we walk and talk?" Lok asked, before he gave his name to the other girl. "By the w-way, I'm Lok."
Back to top Go down
Makayla

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see me

PostSubject: Re: Lok and Key (newb thread pg13)   October 25th 2010, 5:53 pm

Makayla didn't say anything else yet, she was waiting for the guy to say something. And finally he did. "Ah, well I guess that sums me up just dandy."
Makaylas Smirk became more pronounced. When she asked if he was sick he just said, "Sick? As if." She had to hold back a laugh and stop herself from saying, "Dude, then why do you not look so good? Trust me you look like your on deaths door, and im pretty good at telling when that is" But she didn't instead she just said,"Whatever. I don't care anyways... just thought i'd better ask... But if your not then i don't care..." Her eyes turned darker, her hand was itching to pull out her sword and attack something, or someone. She didn't hear the next thing the kid said, probably wasn't important anyways.

"Lok Azriel, Son of someone." He finally introduced himself. Makayla shrugged.
Another girl came up and introduced herself as Forrest. She said something about been lazy. " A li-I mean, a place to stay, some answers, but first and foremost, some answers. But this hill, it ain't good on my....back. So can we walk and talk?" Lok asked. Makayla shrugged again. "Sure. Whatever." He told Forrest his name. If it was just her and him she would probably shadow travel him to the infermery. Even if he didn't want to go. There was obviously something wrong with him and it was better if an Apollo kid checked him out before he dropped dead on her. But since Forrest was here as well she couldn't.

She realised she hadn't introduced herself to Forrest she said, "Makayla, Immortal daughter of Hades. You've prolly seen me around camp.. Most people have..." She was trying to distract herself. Maybe if she could focus then she wouldn't go crazy and try to kill these people. "Well... This is camp halfblood. Its a camp for demi-gods, as the name clearly states. Like i said we're kids of greek gods. Didn't anyone ever explain things to you? Did you ever wonder why stranged things happened? Ever being attacked by mosnters? Do you have ADHD? Dyslexia? Do most people hate you? Have you been kicked out of numerous schools? These are all signs of being a Demi-god. Like it or not kid, you're gonna be here a long time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it, and if you turn around, Skyler's the face in the window. If you look down Sun's sitting on the floor, and I'm behind your dresser XD

PostSubject: Re: Lok and Key (newb thread pg13)   October 25th 2010, 10:24 pm

Forrest heard the kid answer some questions. At first, she was confused, then she assumed, that the other girl ...Makayla or something had probably asked him a few things already. Almost as soon as she arrived, the new camper said, "a li-I mean, a place to stay, some answers, but first and foremost, some answers. But this hill, it ain't good on my....back. So can we walk and talk?" Raising her eyebrow slightly at what he had said earlier, Forrest agreed to walk. Taking a step forward, she had to stagger backwards a little. Her headache was making her quite dizzy. She took in a deep breath determined not to look as ill as she felt.

The girl then turned to her and said, "Makayla, Immortal daughter of Hades. You've prolly seen me around camp.. Most people have..." Right afterwards, the new kid introduced himself.
"Yeah... I'm pretty sure I have... In case you missed it, I'm Forrest, but some people call me Ausha, whichever, I don't really care. Oh and, I'm a daughter of Apollo." She had been hesitant to say this last part as it was a fairly new title to her, and she was still a little in denial. She was not carrying around a bow, like her siblings normally did, just her trusty knife. Makayla then went on and explained to Lok what exactly this camp was. Forrest was not really concentrating, but she couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. When she had arrived, the person there did not take her in eagerly, they had fought, and Forrest had spent her first two weeks at camp completely oblivious to what it even was.

((sorry, I don't have much of a muse right now...))
Back to top Go down
Declan Liles

PostSubject: Re: Lok and Key (newb thread pg13)   October 27th 2010, 7:26 pm

Lok watched the girl named Forrest take a step and stagger. Lok instantly wondered what was wrong, going over a list in his head. After all, his ADHD nature made thoughts go wild. And when he had a line, he was one far out dude. But Lok always questioned things. Always. His friends called him the questioneer, because of the slightly annoying habit. But Lok just had a desire to gather knowledge, and asking questions was a good way to reach that goal. Curiosity killed the cat, and introduced Lok to his worst nightmare.

Stop! you're supposed to be healing, and you don't need to remember completely irrelevant things like your past. you screwed it all up, remember? lok scolded as he took a step also. It seemed like the two girls didn't really know each other, and didn't really seem to be friends. Whatever, Lok didn't care...well, maybe a little bit. But that was illogical. Right now he needed to get focused, and to keep himself from keeling over, Lok needed to keep his mind on a topic, so he asked a question.

He turned to Makayla, and asked her, because it was her words that he was using. "So," he asked, a silent hitch in his voice that happened when he was recovering. It was another symptom, his raspy voice, and shaky cough, "Care to explain about what we are? Freaky mistakes of the gods, I think it was?" Lok asked, knowing that he could very well tick off someone who no doubt had a lot of power. He usually would know better than that, and played a much more, civil card, but he was so tired and out of it that he couldn't really think straight. After all, weak with hunger and symptoms of withdrawal were bad, and Lok knew without a doubt that he would only get worse. But he needn't to show it. He kept in character, as years of practice before the incident had allowed him to perfect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Lok and Key (newb thread pg13)   October 27th 2010, 7:31 pm

((SFTDP but Dec was still logged in on the site on his computer when I abducted it. So it looks like he posted, but it was really me. Sorry guys, As for Dec, I'm going to hack his account when he leaves it up likes this. XD)
Back to top Go down
Makayla

PostSubject: Re: Lok and Key (newb thread pg13)   October 28th 2010, 10:29 am

((XDD -shakes head- Im gonna have to drop this thread soon... I'm Doing NaNoWriMo so im not gonna be RPing))

"Yeah... I'm pretty sure I have... In case you missed it, I'm Forrest, but some people call me Ausha, whichever, I don't really care. Oh and, I'm a daughter of Apollo." Makayla smiled slightly at the girl and nodded.
A daughter of Apollo... Thats good... means if I do loose it then she can heal up whoever I hurt... But no... thats not going to happen... I'm gonna keep in check... She thought to herself.

"So, Care to explain about what we are? Freaky mistakes of the gods, I think it was?" Lok asked her.
She grinned, her eyes flashing from black to blue to black to blue to some colour in the middle."You ever actually go to school kid? Well... if you did and you paid attention you'd have learnt about the greek gods at some point. Basically they're real. They go around falling in love with mortals and having kids with them, then leave them alone. Me? I was probably a pretty big mistake. You see the big three weren't supposed to have kids for a while. We're too powerful, too unpredictable. But the gods broke that pact. First of all it was Zeus. He had this kid Thalia. My father unleashed the worst monsters to go after her. She got turned into that tree there." Makayla said nodding at the tree behind Lok.

"Then came Percy Jackson. The great son of Poseidon. He saved the world last summer. He went on numerous quests. The one for the Golden fleece was the one that turned Thalia human again. Shes a Huntress now. Luitenant to Artemis. Only Hades kept his word... Well Supposedly. There is me to think about... See the reason they weren't supposed to have kids was because of some prophecy. Apparently a child of the big three would decide the fate of the gods. The pact was abolished after Percy saved the world." She smiled slightly, her eyes flickering again.

"Anyways where was I... Oh Yeah the gods go around falling in love with Mortals and we're born. We spend our lives running from monsters. Most of us are diagnosed dyslexic. Thats becuase our brains are hardwired for reading Ancient greek. We're ADHD. Thats our battle reflexes kicking in. Most of the time a demigod is found and brought here. Some of us survive in the outside world. When you don't know what you are your aura is a lot less powerful. Your scent. Demigods shouldn't use stuff like cell phones. Its like a beacon calling out to every monster within a hundred miles. So If you have a phone I suggest not using it. This is a training camp. Its where we learn to fight andto read ancient greek. You can get a weapon from the armoury, you can try and make your own if you want, but if you want a decent one then go to a Hephaestus kid. If you think your capable enough then you can go into the woods and fight some monsters. Its full of them. But always go with a friend. Or you'll end up dead. Its dangerous in there. You'll be staying in the Hermes cabin until you're claimed. I suggest hiding any personal stuff you want to keep. Valuble stuff. The Hermes kids are theifs..." She stopped talking, giving Lok time to digest it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forrest Ausha Chaucer

PostSubject: Re: Lok and Key (newb thread pg13)   October 28th 2010, 11:29 pm

((I didn't know that this was one year after the pjo books, I thought it was more than that))

Lok asked them to explain where they were, Forrest opened her mouth to speak, but Makayla beat her to it. Sighing, Forrest knew that she would explain it way better than she would. However, unlike normal circumstances, Forrest actually listened. Usually she couldn't help it, but her mind would go astray do to her ADHD, but she was actually learning something. Even though she had been here for quite some time now, she didn't know as much as she should. Like on the streets, Forrest was never taught anything, she just learned as she went, picking up new things from different people.

While Makayla was speaking, Forrest had heard of this Percy Jackson quite a few times, yet she had not actually met him. She could not help but wonder if the girl had. By the way she was speaking of the "big three" and stuff like that, she couldn't help but assume that she had. Apart from the conversation, Forrest merely nodded at parts, but what seemed like for the first time, the bad situation of the boy caught Forrest's attention. She knew that he had just arrived and was probably a little battered, but Forrest now caught on that there was something more as well. She eyed him, then realized she was staring and looked at the ground. She hated doing that, it always made her feel uncomfortable even though she wasn't the one being stared at. She hoped Lok did not notice. She had been acting a little strange today. She did not feel super angry anymore, it had switched to boredom. She was not sure what was going on, but it had happened before and she waved it off assuming it was nothing.

When Makayla finished her explanation, it was quite for a short moment before Forrest came in and said, "so... do you want us to show you around?" She felt so stupid, she was the one who was supposed to be on duty, but she was the one who was standing quietly in the background. Before she came to camp, Forrest had always been the leader and it was just now beginning to sink in that she had truly changed. The words seemed bitter in her mind, but she knew that her old self was one that was meant to be left behind. Coming in again, Forrest stated, "if you would like, we can help you find a spot in the Hermes cabin or introduce you to some of the other campers or Chiron, the athletics director, whatever you like really." Now I'm just saying things over and over again Forrest thought, she was probably making a fool of herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lok and Key (newb thread pg13)   Today at 12:39 am

Back to top Go down

Lok and Key (newb thread pg13)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1