Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Making Some Changes ((Closed to two, preferably an Eros/Aphrodite?))

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Making Some Changes ((Closed to two, preferably an Eros/Aphrodite?))   November 24th 2010, 8:06 pm

Snip. Snip. Snip. Bits of brown hair fell to the creek. Flowing downstream, a familiar blue hat was floating away. Sucking in, Laura snipped another piece of hair away. Now, right across her brow choppily cut bangs sat there. It wasn't the best haircut in the world, but they didn't exactly have barber's around camp. The closest thing was the Aphrodite cabin and she didn't feel like bothering them with something such as hair, something she could do herself. Once she was done in the woods though, she would go to their cabin. Looking at her reflection in the water, she smiled. The bangs suited her. Of course her clothes didn't look good with her bangs though.

Only a glimpse of her beloved blue hat could be seen rushing away. Swallowing hard, Laura bit down on her lip. It had to be done. She wanted to be someone different. She wasn't happy with herself. She wanted a new style and everything. It would be pretty hard because she lived at camp, but it wouldn't be impossible. She was determined to do something about the way she looked. She was 15 and was really starting to care how she looked. Even though she was a demigod, she was still a teenager.

Just as Laura finished chopping her own hair, there was a crack. She turned to stare at the face of someone.

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Rainbow ninjas riding on purple unicorns with cyan pandas!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thaliaspinetree.forumotions.net
Jeni Carter

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler'll be the face in the window, you see. Look down, an you should see me under the glass panel in the floor.

PostSubject: Re: Making Some Changes ((Closed to two, preferably an Eros/Aphrodite?))   November 26th 2010, 10:41 pm

The scattered tunes, the random words; they all floated through her head. She had to get away. Away from the noise. Away from the people. She had to escape into the woods. She needed the release of the emotions built up from that summer. Freedom from the feelings that clouded her thoughts, making it nearly impossible to think straight.

The only escape that worked was singing.

So she was there in the woods, wandering there, trying to find a peaceful place to kick back and relax. Draw a few sketches. Maybe let the water run over her toes some. So what if she got sick? It’s not like it mattered or anything. It wasn’t like anything was going to attack them any day or something. She waved at a dryad, muttering a simple ‘hello’.

Snip. Snip. Snip. She heard coming from her destination. ‘Strange…’ she thought, slowing her pace to try to get a look at source of the sound. Setting her things down gently, she climbed the nearest tree, asking for the dryad’s forgiveness in a soft voice. Climbing out onto the branch, she looked below, seeing a girl cutting away her pretty brown hair. Farther down the stream, a familiar blue hat floated away from the girl…

‘Wait…isn’t that Laura’s hat?’ An image of a girl with dark brown hair sparkling gray eyes danced in her mind. “Why would she…?” she whispered into the wind. Climbing down to greet the daughter of Athena, planning on not falling on her butt and startling the girl. Though the Fates are cruel aren’t they?

The same gray eyes turned, startled, and met her bright blue ones. “Um…Hey, Laura.” She said, scratching the back of her head. “Remember me?”

-gives cookie to Astra-

Thanks Thalia!!

Avvie and Siggy by deh amazing Laura!!!
__ __ __ __

Give me Thunder, I'll be strong.
Give me Lightning, I'll never budge.
This much I promise you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://z7.invisionfree.com/Olympus_Hazard/index.php?act=idx
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Making Some Changes ((Closed to two, preferably an Eros/Aphrodite?))   November 27th 2010, 10:43 am

When Laura met those blue eyes that belonged to Jeni Carter, she smiled. She wondered just how bad (or good) her bangs looked, hopefully they looked good. If they didn't, well it was too late now! Her hat was downstream and so was all the hair she had cut off. It was a good time to test out her new hairstyle, but she would probably look like a total dork in what she was wearing. Not that it really mattered, she was a daughter of Athena afterall and they were all a bunch of dorks no matter what way they were looked at. It's just that some of them were cool dorks. She certainly wasn't one of those.

Laura couldn't help but chuckle at Jeni's words. Of course she remembered her! What kind of person would forget one of their best friends? Just because the two hadn't chatted in awhile didn't mean anything. She and Camryn hadn't talked in awhile, but they were still close to eachother. Camryn was getting to spread her wings though and meet new people. She was glad to see that the people at camp were almost eager to be friends with her. Then again, camp was nothing like school. Camp was pretty much The Isle of the Blest for kids who were outcasts at school.

"How could I forget you, Jeni?" Laura's smirk grew as she stood up and embraced her friend. "It's been awhile, hasn't it? All of that beside, what do you think of my new haircut?" Grinning like mad, now was the moment of truth. Was it a good idea? Or was it something gone horrible wrong? Either way it was hers now. Nothing but time could change it. . . . well or the Aphrodite kids. They could only make it suite her though, not make her hair grow back. Nobody could do that, except maye the God/dess of hair.

"Well, what do you think?" Laura cocked her head to the side slightly and bit her bottom lip in anticipation. If Jeni liked it, then it would be cool. She liked it herself, but her opinion wasn't what mattered. She was a fifteen year old girl and she was starting to want more attention. Typical teenage behavior, of course. She couldn't help it though. There was only half of her that was 'godly' and even that half was all about strategy. There wasn't really anything special about it. Thinking about it that way almost made her feel ashamed of who she was being surrounded by so many talented demigods.

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler'll be the face in the window, you see. Look down, an you should see me under the glass panel in the floor.

PostSubject: Re: Making Some Changes ((Closed to two, preferably an Eros/Aphrodite?))   November 27th 2010, 11:40 am

Jeni stood up quickly, nearly falling over because of it, and hugged her long-lost-friend. Pulling back, she took in Laura’s bangs. “It looks nice…but, to me, it just isn’t you.” She bit her lip, thinking of what else to say. “I mean, it does look nice, it just really doesn’t scream you…” she muttered, crossing her arms across her chest. “I mean, you could move the part to the side some…possibly add some layers to give it some body…But why didn’t you go to an Aphro-kid? I mean, this is their area.” Jeni’s eyebrows where furrowed in confusion, but mostly disbelief.

Jeni sighed, eyeing the scissors in her friend’s hand. ‘My hair is getting pretty heavy…’ she thought running her hands through the ponytail. Jeni took Laura’s hand, and sat down beside the stream, pulling Laura down with her. “So, why the sudden change?” she asked, motioning to the girls hair. It wasn’t like Laura to do things suddenly…but maybe this wasn’t sudden. Maybe she had been planning this for awhile…but it just didn’t make any sense. Since when did the girl beside her care about what others thought of her?

((Bawh! Fail post >_< Sorry about deh length >_<))

-gives cookie to Astra-

Thanks Thalia!!

__ __ __ __

This much I promise you.
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Making Some Changes ((Closed to two, preferably an Eros/Aphrodite?))   December 15th 2010, 6:45 am

((Forget this thread. After looking over it I decided that I don't want to cut her hair XD))

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

PostSubject: Re: Making Some Changes ((Closed to two, preferably an Eros/Aphrodite?))   December 15th 2010, 9:22 pm

((Wow Laura. Took you long enough XD))

-gives cookie to Astra-

Thanks Thalia!!

__ __ __ __

This much I promise you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Some Changes ((Closed to two, preferably an Eros/Aphrodite?))   Today at 11:10 am

Back to top Go down

Making Some Changes ((Closed to two, preferably an Eros/Aphrodite?))
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1