Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Slipped Away (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jeni Carter

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler'll be the face in the window, you see. Look down, an you should see me under the glass panel in the floor.

PostSubject: Slipped Away (Open)   April 4th 2010, 5:44 pm

I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't ooooooooooooh
I hope you can hear me
Cause I remember it clearly
The day you slipped away...
Was the day i found
It, won't be the same
Oh
I've had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why.
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake it
It happened you passed by

The song blared in her ears as she kicked up the sand under her feet. Jeni had no idea WHY she was kicking the sand. Oh come now. You know exactly why your kicking the dumb sand. “Will you just shut up?” she muttered. But sadly, it was true. She, Jeni, knew exactly why she was being mean to the poor sand. It was the anniversary…As in, the anniversary that David, Kim, and her mother died. And in two weeks time, it would be another sad anniversary: the day she was kicked out onto the streets. She didn’t understand. Why did everything that was ever close to her always crash and burn? Why did every single person that she ever loved turn out to be a wicked old shrew, or die? “It’s not fair…” she said quietly. She closed her eyes, feeling the tears that she had been holding back for years on end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://z7.invisionfree.com/Olympus_Hazard/index.php?act=idx

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 4th 2010, 5:58 pm

Luke was down on the beach, laying down on the sand and letting the water wash over his feet. Since his claiming, he'd spent a lot of time here. He'd talked to the naiads in the canoe lake as well... but he had to admit, they flirted a bit too much. As he relaxed, he heard the sound of someone kicking sand and looked up and around to see who it could be.

He saw a girl, just a couple of years younger than him, kicking the sand and looking depressed. He hadn't met her before, but then again, he had only been at camp a few days. So far, he's only met Laura, Travis and Sionus. He wanted to introduce himself, but he didn't want to intrude on the girl's thoughts.

But the prospect of making a new friend was too much to bear. He went over, a look of concern on his face as he saw the tears running down the girls cheeks.

"Hey there..." He said. He didn't bother asking 'is something wrong?', because it was pretty obvious there was. Why else would someone cry? "Umm... if you don't mind me asking, what's wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler'll be the face in the window, you see. Look down, an you should see me under the glass panel in the floor.

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 4th 2010, 6:20 pm

As the song changed to yet another, more depressing song, she jumped at the sound of someone greeting her. Opened her eyes, wiping the tears away, and saw a guy there, his expression worried. “What?” she asked her voice full of the pain that she was feeling. “Oh, um, nothing’s wrong.” She said, lying straight through her teeth. She took a deep breath and tried yet again to shove the tears back down. Only they kept flowing. [i]traitors…[i] she thought. Jeni sighed, wiping her eyes yet again. “Do you really want to know?” she asked, meeting his eyes. And of course, she saw that answer to her question. “Well, you might want to sit down…this could take a while.” She sat down, and began her story.

She covered everything. From David and Kim being her only friends, to the day that they, and her mother, died. To getting kicked out on the street. (By the time that she got to this part, she was hugging her knees and shaking slightly.) Then she started with the next ‘family’ and how they threw her out without a second thought. The government officials, Jasmine, getting here, everything. It just poured out of her mouth, out of her every pore. And then to top it all off, she was telling this to a complete stranger who could at any point start calling her a sissy for crying so much, or worse, just turn and walk off, just like everyone else at school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 5th 2010, 4:37 am

Luke sat on the sand, listening everything the girl had to say. It was a terrible story - losing her best friends, her mother, getting kicked out onto the streets.... She had lost everyone she had cared about and gotten treated like crap by everybody else. Telling her story seemed to have a real effect on the girl. She started hugging her knees and shaking. And all Luke could do was listen, listen to every word. The girl needed someone to be there for her, and at the moment, that someone was Luke.

"My gods..." He said, as she finished her story. "That's... that's awful. I'm so sorry for your losses... And I'll admit, I have no idea what that would feel like - I lived in an orphange til I was eight. I never knew my mother. I didn't really have any friends to lose. I did get adopted, but the monsters always attacked. But the woman who adopted me taught me how to fight. You see, she was a seeker. So she brought me here, to camp, a couple of days ago. And I've just been claimed, by my dad. Poseidon...."

He gave the girl a smile. It wasn't much of one, and it was tainted with sadness. His heart went out to this girl. Nothing had gone right for her in her life, or so it seemed.

"Well, at least your here at camp now." He continued. "At least you'll be safe, have a roof over your head and food in your belly. And make some new friends as well. I mean, as I've said, I've only been here a couple of days, but the people here seem friendly enough."
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 5th 2010, 12:07 pm

Jeni sighed and smiled slightly. “Yeah, that’s about the only good thing that’s happened to me in a long time.” She looked at the guy, leaning back on her hands. “So, now that I have basically told you my life story, what your name? Mine’s Jeni Carter.” She said. “And congrats on the claiming.” She added. Now that she thought about it, telling someone about what had happened to her…it felt great. Like a huge weight was lifted off her chest. Jeni looked out over the waves; the ocean was calm today. “It’s strange not seeing land out there.” She said laughing slightly.

((Sorry it's short, that all I could come up with...))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 5th 2010, 1:26 pm

"I know... its a beautiful sight." Luke said. "I'm Luke Ford... and, yeah, you know who claimed me." He looked out over the ocean. It was just so.. so... so BIG. It was kinda hard to believe that his dad ruled all of it.

Luke wanted to try out his pwers, but he could do that later. He had heard a bit of what Percy could do. Control water, talk to equestrians and sea creatures, and water gave him strength and healed him.... Luke wondered how much of that he would have. He'd find out sometime.

"How long have you been here then? I arrived a couple of days ago."
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 7th 2010, 3:01 pm

“I’ve been here about two or three weeks.” She said, looking between the ocean in front of her and the sky above her. She laughed, and looked down at her legs, which were now stretched out in front of her. “Do you ever get this sinking feeling that everything that you ever do will go wrong? Like you’re meant to continuously screw up, no matter how hard you try not to?” Jeni knew that she probably sounded depressed. But she didn’t care; never has and never will. “I mean, it’s just that in everything that has happened to me, no matter how much I wished that it wouldn’t, everything just blows up in my face and I’m back where I started.” She sighed, and rubbed the back of her neck. “It’s just not fair you know? But I’ll just stop talking before I mess up everything with my dumb musings.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 7th 2010, 3:14 pm

"Unfortunately, yes, I do get that feeling at times. It seems everything I do comes back and bites me in the butt someday. And I've had my fair share of screw ups too...." Luke admitted, remembering numerous occasions where he could have gotten into big trouble. He had only done little things wrong but it always got blown out of proportion. It hadn't been fair, but Luke knew that was just one of those facts of life that he would never like.

"But while I sometimes get that feeling, I also get that feeling sometimes that everything will work out, everything will be ok. Especially since I've come here. At least here, I'm safe for a while. At least here, I'll get the chance to make friends. At least I won't get judged by people just because I have ADHD, and because I'm dyslexic. I've finally found somewhere to call home... and things have finally started to look up for me."

Luke smiled at Jeni.

"I'm sure everything will turn out just fine for you as well. You'll get claimed soon, and you'll be able to play around with your powers. You'll have some siblings to prank or have fun with."

That was one of the biggest things of all that Luke had looked forward to. Been claimed meant he got to find out who his siblings were. But the Poseidon cabin was empty, except for him. His brother, Percy, wasn't there at the moment. So he was alone there. But at least he had his friends here.
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 7th 2010, 3:33 pm

She thought about Luke had said, staring at the water. “Do you really think that everything will get better, just because my dad claims me?” she asked, looking at him out of the corner of her eye. She smiled back at him, but it didn’t reach her eyes. “When I was at the school, I always thought that I was alone. In my own world. I mean, David and Kim were great and all, but they…they weren’t abandoned by their dad. They didn’t know what that was like, and that sort of put a wall between us. And after they had died it only got worse. It was like the only reason people didn’t make fun of me because I couldn’t read the text books, or I couldn’t sit still was because I was friends with David and Kim.” She took a deep breath and continued. “But when I here though, I thought that everything was going to be just like they were at school…but it’s not. No one has said a thing about me having dyslexia or having ADHD.”

She stopped talking, and looked back at the ocean. “Before you where claimed, did you have this huge hole in your chest, like you weren’t all there? That before you where claimed, there was this huge chunk missing that you couldn’t find not matter what you did, no matter who you were friends with?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 7th 2010, 3:47 pm

"Yeah..." Luke said, looking down. "Most of the hole is gone, but it's still there."

Jeni had spilled her heart out to him, so he decided he might as well tell her a bit about himself.

"My dad wasn't the only one who abandoned me.... I don't know my mum. I don't even know if she's alive or not, or what her name is. I want to find her some day. Or at the least, find her grave."

Luke knew it sounded depressing, but it was the only conclusion he could come to. Why else would his mum leave him? What sort of mother abandons their own baby on the doors of an orphanage, leaving no way for the child to get in contact when they got older?

Luke had promised himself he would try to find his mother someday. But he knew that no matter what she was like, if she was still alive, she would only ever be the woman who gave birth to him. His real mum was the woman who had adopted him, who had looked after him, loved him and taught him to defend himself.

"And the 'no matter who you were frinds with' bit doesn't really apply here, either.... I didn't really have any friends before I came here. I was always the 'weird kid' at school, and we moved around a lot because of all the monster attacks that I never really got a chance to make any friends. That's why I'm so happy here. I'm safe from the monsters, and I've finally got the chance to be somewhere long enough to actually make some friends."
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 7th 2010, 5:00 pm

She was at a loss for words for what to tell Luke. Jeni wanted to at least try to comfort him like he had done for her, but that was all that she could think of. “I’m sorry about your mom.” She said. “I’m sure that she wanted to keep you…but I guess that she couldn’t. Though I would be kinda glad that I moved around so much, if it was me. When I ran away, the one thing that I missed most was this little girl. She was disabled and not a lot of people liked her for it. The look on her face when she saw me leaving was so sad…it haunted me for almost a year. So, personally, the fact that you moved around so much was a good thing. You weren’t torn away from someone close to you every time that you moved.” It seemed that her eyes were burning a hole in the ground with just the way she was staring at it. “But that’s just me.” she said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 7th 2010, 5:19 pm

"True. But it meant I never had time to bond with anything. I never got the chance to at least make some friends, or enemies. I never got the chance to settle down, to try to be normal." Luke laughed there. "Imagine that... me, normal? Hahahaha! It was a silly little wish. But probably one a lot of people here have wished at least once."

Luke smiled again. He was in a godd mood today. He looked out over the water again. There was so much life in there, and from what he had heard, he could talk to most of it. He'd try that out later. If he could, it would be an... interesting experience.

"Still, it kept me on my toes... and thats probably what's kept me alive so long. If I had stayed in one place for too long, I'd have attraced even more monsters than before. Which would suck."

He looked at the ring on his hand. The one he had gotten from his father. With his new sword, he felt confident that he would be able to defeat monsters ten times easier than he had with his dagger. He stood up, stretching.

"Man, I'm bored! What do you fancy doing? Want to summon a monster to practice against it? Or do you want me to try my hand at this water thingy, or speaking to sea animals? I could call a dolphin or something..."
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 7th 2010, 5:33 pm

Jeni’s smile stayed as Luke talked. She thought about what he said about not having the chance to get close to ANYTHING. dang… she thought. that would freaking suck! Having nothing there… shivers went down her back when she thought of the possibly. One minute, he was looking at this ring on his finger; then next he was standing, asking her what she wanted to do. Luke mentioned summoning a monster; the first thing to escape her lips. “Heck no; I don’t have a thing to fight a monster with…and I have no idea how to…so that’s out.” The second option, getting a dolphin to come. Hm…that’s not so bad… she thought. “As fun as getting a dolphin sounds, I’m gonna have to say no.” But then what CAN we do? she snickered as the thought came to her…

“TAG! YOU’RE IT!” she said, running down the beach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 7th 2010, 5:39 pm

"Ok... so no monsters, and no dolphins... What do you want to do then?" He asked. And then, of course, Jeni tagged him.

Tag? Again? Oh well.... He thought, as he started to chase after Jeni. This was the second time in as many days that he had played tag. He felt like a little kid again while he played it. It was fun, and he managed to put the few worries he had to the back of his mind as he concentrated on catching Jeni.

He had to admit, the lass was quite fast. But not fast enough. A couple of minutes after she tagged him, Luke caught up with Jeni, and reached out with his hand.

Just a little closer... a little more... a little more... got it!

"Tag! Haha!" Luke shouted, turning quickly on his feet and running down the other end of the beach.
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 7th 2010, 5:51 pm

She could hear Luke catching up to her, but she couldn’t get away fast enough. He tagged her and went running in the opposite direction. Jeni laughed and turned around, running as fast she could towards him. She felt like she was eight again, running around the yard with David and Kim; she couldn’t help but smile. “Come on Jeni…” she muttered to herself. She stumbled and went crashing into the sand, but she didn’t care. Jeni got back up and continued running after him, muttering words of encouragement the entire time. Even though she could feel the familiar burn in her chest creep up, she continued running. “Almost there Jen…” she said. Nearly there! Come on! she screamed in her head. Though, sadly, it was not meant to be. As she put her hand out to tag Luke, Jeni, well, tackled him by tripping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 8th 2010, 10:28 am

Luke felt his legs give way in front of him, and for second, felt like he was flying. Not a feeling he liked. Then he crashed back onto the sand, winded. He sat up, getting his breath back. He looked at Jeni and laughed. He couldn't help it.

"Jeni!" He mock scolded. "I thought we were playing tag, not football!"

Luke got back up onto his feet, and held his hand out to help Jeni up.

"Well, I guess I'm It now...." He said. Then he put his hand out nto Jeni's shoulder. "Tag."

He backed away a few steps, just in case Jeni had decided she couldn't be bothered with tag anymore.
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 8th 2010, 10:59 am

Jeni couldn’t help but laugh. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to. I’m a klutz…and well, I tripped.” She said as she took his hand and got up, running her hand through her bangs trying to get the sand out. She laughed again when he tagged her. “Yea, I’m It, and now, you’re It. Tag.” Jeni poked his stomach and jogged down the beach, a huge smile on her face. She stopped and turned around to face him. “Well, are you gonna come catch me or what, Sea-boy?” she called, her hands on her hips. This is defiantly the most fun that I’ve had in years. she thought, a playful smirk marking her face.

-gives cookie to Astra-

Thanks Thalia!!

Avvie and Siggy by deh amazing Laura!!!
__ __ __ __

Give me Thunder, I'll be strong.
Give me Lightning, I'll never budge.
This much I promise you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 8th 2010, 11:24 am

Sea-boy?! Oh, thats it! Luke thought.

"You better start running!" He shouted down the beach to Jeni, then started runnig after her. Of course, he had been down in bare feet. Which was stupid, because you never knew what could be on the beach. Luke knew that eat camp, if you littered, and didn't pick it up, you'd end up getting a nasty surprise. But stones didn't count as litter.

All Luke knew was that one second he was fine, the next he felt a sharp pain in the bottom of his foot. He yelled out in pain, then swore under his breath, rubbing his sore foot. He was glad it hadn't been a sharp stone. But he was annoyed that he wasn't wearing any trainers now.

He looked up at Jeni, and grinned.

"Don't think a little stone's gonna stop me catching up to you!" He shouted, running again, but with a small limp in his sore foot. Even limping, he was quite fast. But the stone had done it. He might get close to catching up to Jeni, but he would be just out of reach when it came to tagging her.
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 8th 2010, 11:39 am

She laughed and kept running as hard as she could. This was a bad idea. She could feel the all too familiar burn in her chest as she ran from him. Her breath started to come out in short gasps, but she kept running anyway. Can’t let Sea-boy win… she thought, pushing herself harder and harder. By now though, her chest was burning, the familiar flame licking at the inside of her lungs. She could hear Luke behind her, trying to catch her. I will not let me catch me. she thought determinedly. But obviously, her feet had to betray her. She tripped over them a landed face first in the sand. She sat up, spitting the sand out and pulled out her inhaler. “You win asthma.” She muttered. She pulled the cap off and used it, letting the medicine work its way through her lungs. She replaced the cap and got up, shaking her hand to get rid on the extra sand in her hair.

-gives cookie to Astra-

Thanks Thalia!!

__ __ __ __

This much I promise you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 8th 2010, 11:48 am

Luke stopped running as Jeni tripped. He limped over to her, and saw her pull out her inhaler and use it.

So Jeni had asthma... that would be a pain in the butt. Especially as she would have been running a lot to get away from monsters before she came to camp. Luke couldn't imagine how annoying it must be to have to depend on something like an inhaler. Hopefully her dad would heal her when he claimed her.....

"Well, I don't think we should carry on playing anymore... don't want you having an asthma attack now, do we?" He said, as he caught up to Jeni. "You ok now?"

((Sorry about the short post))
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 8th 2010, 3:54 pm

She laughed and grinned. “No, an asthma attack would be bad. And don’t worry, I’m fine. Thanks for worrying though.” She said, dusting off her jacket. Though, she was extremely relived. She could still remember her first asthma attack, and man that wasn’t pretty.

Two little kids, a boy and a girl, ran around their back yard, playing tag like there was no tomorrow. Another girl sat not far off, staring at the two looking like she really wanted to play but couldn’t. In her hands, her new inhaler. “Come play with us Jeni!” cried the little girl.
“Yeah! It would be fun.” Agreed the boy.
“Not right now guys. I don’t want your mom to start yelling at me again…” the girl, Jeni, said.
“Oh come on! It’s not like she’s actually gonna do it.”
“Fine, but if I get in trouble--”
“You’re not going to get in trouble!” And with that, they played. Within the next 5 minutes, all 3 of them were screaming with glee…until Jeni collapsed.
“Momma! Aunt Nellie! Jeni fell and she’s not breathing!” Jeni’s mother ran outside to her little girl, another woman walking calmly behind her. Jeni could breath, the pain was so intense…

Jeni shook herself out of the memory, and looked at Luke a smiled.“So, what do you want to do? I mean, that dolphin idea sounds pretty good right now, or we could just go for a walk or something.” She said scratching the back of her head. “You know, that was the most fun that I’ve had in years. Thanks for playing with me.” she said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 8th 2010, 4:05 pm

"The most fun you've had in years? Seriously?" Luke asked, surprised. "Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it.... How about we walk down to the water and try out the dolphin thing?"

He had seen Jeni zone out, probably remembering something... He definitely knew how that felt. Twas one of those annoying things that happened to him. That, and his own bad luck. His foot was still sore, and he could have sworn it had swollen up a little.

Jeez, what did that stone do to it? He thought. Still, while it was sore, and maybe just a little swollen, it wouldn't kill him. At least he could still walk. He had broken his leg once, after jumping over a wall that hadn't looked as high as it was from the side he jumped for. That had been painful, and annoying. But he had learned how fun crutches could be, especially if people annoyed you. But they didn't help too much against monsters...

He started walking down the beach towards the water. He had no idea how he was going to call the dolphins. Should he just stick his head in the water and call them? But would he be able to do that without his mouth filling with water? Because salt water really didn't taste nice.
He put the doubt out of his mind. He'd figure out the answer to that problem when he came to it.

He turned back to face Jeni.

"You coming then?"
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 8th 2010, 4:36 pm

“What? Oh, yea. Yea, I’m coming.” She said, jogging to catch up to him. She smiled, but it didn’t reach her eyes. That was the most vivid flash back of her first asthma that she ever had. She could almost feel the clenching; she could hear the screams for her mom…Aunt Brenda’s cold, cold smirk. It bothered her how much she could actually remember...

“Jeni, sweetie, where’s your inhaler? David, can you go get Jeni’s inhaler please?” her mother said, in a panic.
“Yes, Aunt Nellie.” He said, running off to the table where Jeni’s abandoned inhaler laid. He returned a moment later.
“Nellie, please. Must you do this in front of my children?” David’s mother, Brenda, pleaded, a nasty smirk on her face.
“You would be doing the same if it was Kimmy-bear.” Nellie said, distracted.
“Momma…”Jeni croaked out. “Momma…it…hurts.”
“I know sweetie, I know.” Nellie said, placing the inhaler in her mouth and pressing the button. Jeni took a deep breath, and slowly the pain subsided.

Again, Jeni shook herself. She ran her hands through her hair and took a deep, shaky breath. “You’re ok Jen. It’s just a memory.” She muttered to herself.

-gives cookie to Astra-

Thanks Thalia!!

__ __ __ __

This much I promise you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 8th 2010, 5:00 pm

Luke saw Jeni zone out again, and then come back to the real world. Her memories must have been getting to her, because she seemed a little shaky. But he knew Jeni probably wouldn't like it if he asked, so he didn't. He pretended he hadn't noticed.

He finally made it to the water, and as his feet touched it, his bad foot seemed to get better. It didn't feel sore anymore, and it wasn't swollen up either. So that was one of his abilities figured out - water healed him. And he felt a bit stronger too, like he had more energy.... And he also felt a connection with the water. Like it was part of him. Which it was, in a way. Because his dad was the king of the sea.....

Now all he had to figure out was how to call the dolphins.

OK, how the hell do I do this? He wondered. Feeling like an idiot, he layed down in the water and put his head underneath. The salt didn't sting his eyes, which was good. And he felt like... like he could still breath! This was definitely weird. Now that he had found that out, it was time to see if he could speak....

"Hello?" He called. The words were a bit muffled, but he could definitely speak. Feeling a bit more confident, he shouted out. "Hey, are there any dolphins nearby? If there are, can you come here please?"

Of course, after shouting this out, he felt like an idiot again. Even if he could talk to sea creatures, why would they listen to him? But then he heard a clicking noise, which instantly translated itself in his mind to Hang on a sec! Be right there![.

A few seconds later, he saw two shapes start to come closer. As they did, he could make out the shapes of the creatures. And then they came into view. Two dolphins, swimming happily, and playing around with each other.

Tag! Your it! One shouted.

What? No fair! The other shouted back. I wasn't ready! I had this dude talking to me!

The dolphins came as close as they could without getting stranded on the sand.

Hey there, son of the Sea King! You called?
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 21st 2010, 5:11 pm

ZEUS

Even the Lord of the Sky had his moments in which he let out a good sound laugh. Now was one of these times. It was a rare occasion, one that hadn't happened in years. Everyone was still recovering from the war and that didn't exclude Olympus. Some of the thrones that were once there were no longer standing in one piece. His own had been destroyed, but it was the first of them all to be rebuilt. Of course the others were coming along nicely and new construction was being done on different parts of Olympus. One of the top priorities had been to rebuild the shields to make them as strong as they could be just in case there was a try two coming soon.

What had caused Zeus' laughter? Why, the very sight of his daughter and Poseidon's son playing tag. When Jeni seemed to tackle him is when he let out his laughter. She really was a peculiar girl. She could be carefree and happy in one moment, but the moment before she would be sad and upset. With all she had been through she could still be happy, she could adapt. With such a tragedy happening in her life and having to fend pretty much for herself it was a wonder she hadn't gone into a depression. His daughter was a strong one that was for sure.

With a wave of his hand, Zeus was momentarily inside Jeni's mind. The background was almost blindingly light, yet soft at the same time. While there he let his hand brush across his daughters cheek in a way to show he did care. "You are my daughter. Stand brave and strong my kin," his lightning blue eyes matched hers. He hoped that she wouldn't reject him as he pulled out of her mind. Even if she resented him for forcing those events to happen, she would have to understand that he was forced to. He didn't want to, it pained him to do so even, but he had to enable to protect his daughter.

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Rainbow ninjas riding on purple unicorns with cyan pandas!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thaliaspinetree.forumotions.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   

Back to top Go down

Slipped Away (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thalia's Pine Tree :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Long Island Sound-
Jump to: