Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Slipped Away (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jeni Carter

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler'll be the face in the window, you see. Look down, an you should see me under the glass panel in the floor.

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 21st 2010, 5:53 pm

Jeni sat down in the sand, by the water and watched Luke lay down in the water, dipping his head in. It was a particular sight, seeing someone do that. But strangely, it all faded away, only to be replaced with a light that blinded her, but it was soft. A man stood in front of her, reaching out a hand towards her face. He stroked her cheek lightly. His eyes, she thought they look like mine…. And in an instant, she knew who he was. You are my daughter. Stand brave and strong, my kin. he muttered. And just like that, there he was gone, and she was sitting by the water. “Wow…” she muttered, her hand holding the cheek that He had touched, as if trying to keep the memory alive as long as possible. “Hey, um, Luke…what do you do when you’ve been claimed?” she asked, her eyes wide, a smile splitting her face in two.

-gives cookie to Astra-

Thanks Thalia!!

Avvie and Siggy by deh amazing Laura!!!
__ __ __ __

Give me Thunder, I'll be strong.
Give me Lightning, I'll never budge.
This much I promise you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://z7.invisionfree.com/Olympus_Hazard/index.php?act=idx

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 22nd 2010, 11:14 am

"Hey Luke, what do you do when you've been claimed?" Luke heard Jeni ask. Looking up from the water, he saw the hologram type thing of lightning above her head. Jeni had been claimed by Zeus!

"What do you do? Well, usually your shocked for a minute, maybe angry. But then... you fell ecstatic and celebrate! Congrats Jeni!"

Even though it wasn't him that had just been claimed, Luke was shocked. Jeni, a daughter of Zeus.... well, at least he'd have someone to try and keep him in check if he let his power go to his head, which he didn't plan on doing anytime soon.

"Hey, you know this means you get to move out of the Hermes cabin, right? You'll finally get your own bunk! And believe me, it's great! You actually get some personal space, even though it feels a bit empty sometimes with you been the only person in there....."

Still, been alone for npw in his cabin didn't bother Luke. There were lots of demigods out there, and he had no doubt that one day he'd get a sibling. He already had Percy, but he wasn't at camp at the moment. Did he even know Luke existed, that he had a brother?

He looked at the dolphins in the water again.

Yeah, I called. Sorry about this, but something just came up. My friend has just been claimed! He told them, underwater.

The dolphins turned and swam away, playing, and not letting the getting sent off affect their mood at all.

Now Luke could focus on Jeni.

"The best thing about it is getting to play with your powers." He told her. He remembered the first time he had used his, just a day before. He had soaked Laura, but it had beeen funny. "But I'd prefer it if you didn't shock me...."
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

Location : Laura's under your bed, Caleb's in it, Roxxy's next to it, Chris is in your closet, and if you look outta the corner of your eye you'll see Makayla. Look up to the ceiling, and you'll see luke sitting on it. and if you turn around, Skyler'll be the face in the window, you see. Look down, an you should see me under the glass panel in the floor.

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 22nd 2010, 1:03 pm

“So, shocked, then possibly angry, and finish it off with nearly imploding for the excitement that you feel...” she muttered to herself. Shocked? Check. Angry? I don’t know, maybe. Ecstatic? Defiantly. “And Luke, how am I supposed to test my abilities if I don’t have someone to shock?” she asked, a sly smile on her face. “But if you don’t want me to, then I won’t. It’s doesn’t really matter to me.” she said with a shrug. “So, now that you’ve just sent away the dolphins, what do you want to do know?”

Right now, it didn’t really matter what they did. She was so ecstatic that she could barely contain it. But then the thought occurred to her. Why didn’t dad help when after the incident? at this, fury surged through her veins, making her clench her fists tightly to keep from punching something…or someone. No. Luke didn’t do a thing. It’s not his fault that he didn’t try to help mom. she thought, the pain in her fists increasing with every breath she took. She took a deep breath and tried to calm down, but the anger refused. It was like it wanted her to scream, to yell, to just hit something. Like it wanted her to say that she hated her father, like it wanted her to do something so completely violent that her own mother would be ashamed of her for even thinking of doing something like that. She knew exactly what mom would say. “You need to calm down Sweetie. It’s bad for you to think like that.” And of course, she would say something that would hurt not only her, but her mother as well. This would result in her storming off to go hit something until her knuckles bled. Then she would go running back to her, tears running down her checks, apologizing every way she knew how.

Deep breath Jen. Just calm down, that’s what mom would want you to do. Calm down. Don’t let the anger take control of you. breathing deep, she shoved the anger back down to the pit of her soul, stowing it away until she could deal with it at a later time, when she was alone. Where people would shy away from her if they knew what she would do.

-gives cookie to Astra-

Thanks Thalia!!

__ __ __ __

This much I promise you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 24th 2010, 6:25 am

"What do you want to do now?" Jeni asked Luke.

"Why don't we go up to the Big House, and steal some crisps, cake, Coke, stuff like that, and then celebrate? Its not everyday the King of the Gods claims someone!" Luke was happy that his friend now knew who her father was. But he could tell she was angry. After hearing her story, he knew why. She'd want to know why Zeus hadn't helped then.

Maybe she could ask him herself sometime. He had a few questions for his dad. Who was his mum? Was she still alive? If she was, where did she live? And if not, where was her grave?

Luke had felt ecstatic when he had been claimed, and these questions had floated around his head. Jeni probably felt the same. It was one of those things about been a halfblood.

"And if you want to try out your abilities still, there's always the kids in the Hermes cabin when your packing...." Luke felt a grin creep onto his face at the thought. It would be funny to see that happen.
Back to top Go down
Jeni Carter

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 25th 2010, 9:20 am

With the anger gone, she could hear Luke clearly now…meaning he wasn’t just ‘mouthing’ what he was saying. “It’s not every day that the King of the Gods claims someone!” she smiled and stood up. “So, what are we waiting for? We need to celebrate!” she said, grabbing Luke’s hand and pulling him away from the water. She looked back at him when he said something about the kids in the Hermes cabin. An evil grin was slapped across his face. “Dude, you’re evil…I think that we’re gonna be the best of friends!” she said with a laugh. “You know, I don’t think that it would be much of a celebration if it’s just you and me, and it would be rude to keep the news of my claiming away from everyone else…we need to tell someone, but who? I mean, if we just tell a few people –loudly, that is- then I pretty sure that the news will get around to everyone by dinner, don’t you think so?”

-gives cookie to Astra-

Thanks Thalia!!

__ __ __ __

This much I promise you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   April 25th 2010, 9:31 am

"Ok, but we'll need to tell someone in a cramped space, with loads of people around if you want it to get around quickly." Luke said. And he knew just the person. "So, lets tell Travis. Or someone else in the Hermes cabin. And I bet if someone tries to pickpocket you while your letting everyone know, they'll get a shocking surprise."

Puns. So fun to use sometimes. This was one of them.

"I think that we're gonna be the best of friends!" Jeni had laughed.

I hope so... Luke thought. Rather the best of friends than the worst enemies.
He had heard about that. The personalities of Zeus and Poseidon kids sometimes clashed. But Percy and Thalia got on ok, so why shouldn't he and Jeni?

"To the Hermes cabin!" Luke said. And for some random reason, he added onto the end, in a mock posh voice "Tally ho!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slipped Away (Open)   

Back to top Go down

Slipped Away (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2