Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I Really Don't Want To Be Here (Markus)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyriakos Areleous

PostSubject: I Really Don't Want To Be Here (Markus)   April 9th 2010, 1:41 pm

Kyriakos silently made his way down the steps in the amphitheatre, trying to get down to the first row. He parked himself halfway along the bench, leaning forward to rest his arms on his knees. He had been at Camp Halfblood for three days now, but that really hadn’t changed his attitude toward the place. It was obvious he was one of them—a demigod—but he was still a bit of an outcast. Everybody here was American, and most of them were younger than he was. Kyriakos had a feeling the rest of the camp would jump on him when they found out he was Greek. He hadn’t thought about that when he first arrived, but the idea hit him hard now. If the gods really did exist and one of them was the parent of each of these children, wouldn’t they want to know anything and everything about Greece?

Sighing, he dropped his head to his arms, really wishing he could run away. He didn’t want to be there. He didn’t want to be the child of a Greek god. He didn’t want the last three and a half weeks to have happened. He just wanted to go back to Greece, go back to when his family was alive, go back to thinking he was a normal teenager with strong familial bonds. His parents had never even told him he was adopted. He had just pieced it together when Jeni had told him who he was. It cleared up some questions he had, like why the mythological monsters were suddenly coming to life before his eyes, but Jeni’s revelation had presented a thousand and two new questions as well. Was his brother adopted, too, or was it just him? Why had he been put up for adoption in the first place? Had his mother or father not wanted him? Had he or she died? What happened to them? If one of his parents was a god and was still alive, why couldn’t they have taken care of him? All these thoughts were bouncing around Kyriakos’s head, overwhelming him, threatening to bring on a new wave of tears.

He shook his head, hard, trying to get a grip. His family had been murdered three and a half weeks ago. They were gone. There was nothing he could do about it. He could wish he was back in Greece all he wanted, but he could never go back there. At least not now. Now, there was nothing left for him in Greece. Sure, his house would still be there, but the things he really cared about wouldn’t be. Even if he tried to get back to Greece, he wouldn’t get past security. The police were still looking for him, still thinking he had been the one to kill his family. If he so much as stepped out of the borders of this camp, he would probably be locked up for the rest of his life in some mental asylum somewhere. Jeni was right. This was the only safe place for him.

But that didn’t mean a thing. He still didn’t want to be there. He wanted to get out and run as far and fast as he could from all the sword-wielding, bow-firing, spear-throwing demigods who all claimed they were training to fight monsters and Titans in the event that they tried to take over again. Kyriakos didn’t want to fight. He just wanted to be left alone to figure things out by himself. But, of course, that wouldn’t happen here. He figured somebody would chase him down if he did try to go anywhere, so, for the moment, he resigned himself to the fact that he was stuck in the ‘demigod safe house’, and hoped he could find some way to get by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I Really Don't Want To Be Here (Markus)   April 12th 2010, 1:42 am

Markus would never have admitted it, but one of the coolest places he saw while on his tour of camp was the amphitheater. It just came with the obsession that he had had with the ancient world while growing up. There was just so many fascinating things that surrounded the Greek use of such areas. They were forums for speeches. Amphitheaters were also the movie theaters of their day, and Greeks would attend different plays performed at an amphitheater for hours on end. During on his father’s various research trips, Markus had been able to visit one of the ruins of an amphitheater. Having a dad who knew so much only made the experience that much cooler. However, now that he saw a fully functioning model, everything else seemed to pale in comparison.

And as that thought hit him, Markus had to admit that his relationship with his father was slowly beginning to pale in light of the recent events that had been forced upon him. He could handle not being able to finish off the school year and being sent away to some random camp. It was the fact that his parents weren’t actually his parents that got to Markus. They hadn’t told him if one of them was actually biologically related to him, but Markus hadn’t wanted to know. In fact, he hadn’t given them much time to explain at all. They had dropped a nuclear bomb on his social life, and Markus had decided to get his revenge by attending a party that was being held that night. He knew that his parents didn’t approve. He knew that his coach wouldn’t approve. But frankly Markus didn’t give a darn. They had all lied to him as far as he was concerned and could take their approval and shove it where the sun didn’t shine.

Now, as his life had finally slowed down (and his hang over was finally subsiding), Markus needed a place to think. Where else would be so perfect other than the amphitheater? So many great thoughts had been unleashed in an arena much like the one at the camp. Maybe he would be able to channel some of that energy. Though, Maruks had never been one to channel any form of mental energy, especially when it came to a math test. And so after finishing his tour with tweedle dee and tweedle dum, he made his way back to the amphitheater. His iPod was turned on and the recent Owl City CD pumped into his ears.

As Markus took the first step down the amphitheater stairs, he swore inwardly at the fact that he wasn’t alone. Seriously!? he thought to himself as he took the stairs rather slowly. The vibe of the place was being intruded upon by the lone figure, and Markus was about ready to beat the kid to a pulp because of it. How dare he even consider being where Markus wanted to be?

Then, a realization hit Markus like the stench of his gym locker after a football season. It was unpleasant but unable to be ignored. The person that was intruding on Markus’s me time was a guy. A dude. And from the looks of it, he was the camper closest to Markus’s age that Markus had seen since being here. Maybe Markus could forgive this one inconvenience for the chance of some maturity. Though, there was never any real guarantee that the dude would be mature. Markus could only hope.

“You look a little lonely there,” Markus called out, hearing his echo come back to him off the proscenium. “Mind if I join you?”
Back to top Go down
Kyriakos Areleous

PostSubject: Re: I Really Don't Want To Be Here (Markus)   May 1st 2010, 6:24 pm

((Sorry it took so long, and really sorry it sucks.))

Kyriakos jumped, the voice behind him startling him out of his reverie. He turned on the bench to see another guy standing near the top of the amphitheatre. The guy had blonde hair slightly shorter than Kyriakos’, he was much taller than Kyriakos, and he was built. He looked slightly older than Kyriakos, and from the way he carried himself, he looked like he was used to getting his way. His words were slightly softer than his mannerisms, but Kyriakos still didn’t want to tick him off. He considered the guy’s question for a minute before calling back in assent.

“I don’t mind,” he said. “You can join me if you wish, but if you’re looking for some sort of party, this is the wrong place. I would suggest the Hermes cabin if you want that.” Kyriakos turned back around, his mind temporarily turning to the Hermes cabin. He had visited the place only a few times, and he spent as much time as he could away from it. It was way too crowded for his tastes, and he was hoping he wouldn’t have to stay there for too long. He had actually spent his first night right outside the cabin door so he could have a little more space, and he’d be able to breathe fresh air. Inside the cabin, he would have had to sleep on the floor, squeezed between gods knew how many other kids.

Pushing these thoughts from his mind, Kyriakos turned again to glance at the guy who had come to join him. He wondered how this guy was handling the Hermes cabin, or anything else at camp for that matter. Whether he was new like Kyriakos or a seasoned camper, he probably couldn’t wait to get away from everything. Then again, maybe he enjoyed the constant noise, the hustle of the camp, and all else there was. Kyriakos really didn’t know, and he was the last person who should be passing judgment on anybody else.

Sighing, Kyriakos just sat there, waiting for the guy to make his way down to where he was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Really Don't Want To Be Here (Markus)   May 1st 2010, 6:33 pm

Athena[u]

With plans that had been given to her from her daughter Annabeth for a better Olympus scattered about, Lady Athena peered down from her throne. There, he son stood talking to another boy. She couldn't help but give a petite smile as his thoughts were turned to the cramped space of the Hermes cabin. She had heard rumours of it, so she tried to claim her kin as fast as possible so they wouldn't have to endure the tight squeeze for all too long. Saying this, it was time to get down to business.

"Don't worry about having to return to the Hermes cabin again. You can move into your rightful cabin, my cabin, the Athena cabin," Athena let the whisper float down to her son. Her smile grew slightly as an owl appeared over Kyriakos' head. She always enjoyed claiming her children. Since her children were normally smarter then the average demigod, she had hope for future generations. It was her part in helping humans advance.

((My muse is like dead, but I HAD to make this XD))

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Rainbow ninjas riding on purple unicorns with cyan pandas!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thaliaspinetree.forumotions.net

PostSubject: Re: I Really Don't Want To Be Here (Markus)   May 6th 2010, 9:18 pm

Markus felt a little bad that he had scared the guy sitting alone in the amphitheater when he had spoken. This guy didn’t look like he was from the US, but Markus had never really had that much experience with any international people. Nodding his comprehension, Markus headed towards the guy. Knowing the mood that he was in, Markus probably wouldn’t have wanted any company if he had been alone, but there was something about this guy that made Markus want to talk to him. He looked rather lonely and frustrated, two emotions that Markus could identify with during this particular time in his life. After all, he was at this stupid camp against his wishes.

Just as Markus was about to talk to the guy, ask him his name, something weird happened. An owl appeared above the guy’s head, and Markus backed away from him because of it. “What the heck!?” he asked in confusion. “What was that? Who are you?” This place was weird. Markus was a hundred percent sure of that now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Really Don't Want To Be Here (Markus)   

Back to top Go down

I Really Don't Want To Be Here (Markus)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1