Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alyson Queen

PostSubject: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   April 26th 2010, 8:52 pm

Alyson gribbed the edge of the truck she was riding in. About a week ago, Aly had heard about some strawberry fields on Long Island. Two words had popped into her head. Free Food. Her main problem was getting there. No way was she ever going to walk that far, at least without passing out. So, she spent a week studying the farmers traveling patterns to and from the fields. One day, a nice strawberry one stopped at the FreshMarket, just outside Manhattan. Alyson had watched the farmers all day long. How long did it take to sell FOOD? Aly had been hunger for sometime now and would give a lot for just one strawberry. She knew, though, patience would get her a whole field of them! Finally, Aly heard the truck start. She ran over to the stop light as the truck slowly pulled to a stop. Thankfully, it was on of those trucks with a open back. Alyson knelt down and crawled over to the back. She held her breath as she past the exhaust pipe. She heard the engine roar and knew she had to jump on fast. Alyson grabbed the the edge of the truck and pulled herself up. The trusk started just as she lifted her foot up. For a terrifing moment, she was just dangling off the side till she pulled herself up. Alyson steadied herself on the truck's bed with a grin. Pretty good for an 8 year old orphan!

So, here she was, riding towards the strawberry fields. She smiled and hummed to herself as the truck speed down a bouncy road. Alyson squealed as the truck hit a big bounce and she flew up. Her eyes widened as she landed. "Ow!" Aly sighed and looked around at the hills and fields. Hill, hill, hill, pine tree, dragon, hill, hill.... Alyson's eyes widened and narrowed but the truck went a bit to fast. Had she really seen a dragon?! Only one way to find out. Alyson waited for another pot-hole and tuck-and-rolled as the truck slowed to go over the hole. Alyson winced as she landed but blew her hair out of the way when she saw the truck speed away. All well.

Alyson stood up and brushed herself off. She pulled down her sweatshirt sleeves like she did whenever she was done with a mission. Aly was now just on a joy walk, to see if what she saw was real. Everytime she saw a monster, something bad happened. But this dragon... it had seemed like it had looked right at her! Alyson walked down the path at a slow pace. She was running low on food and energy. Aly's eyes even felt droopy when she finally arrived at the hill with a pine tree. She looked up and saw with wide eyes, a golden dragon. Alyson was about to turn around and run, just because every single time she saw a monster someone died. Suddenly, this thing popped out of the tall grass and growled at her. It looked like a bulldog on steroids! Aly screamed. It was the same animal like thing that had killed... Alyson shook away the thought as she backed away, screaming and tripping over her own feet and falling down on her butt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   April 26th 2010, 11:21 pm

Joey stood up on top of the hill looking down at camp. He could see almost the whole camp it was huge. The armory, cabins, the dining hall, The big house and the amphitheater. He didn't want to be there but spending a whole year in Manhattan living on the streets wasn't very fun. It was actually extremely annoying. When he was first there people tried to mug him like every day.That was until he figured out how to carry himself where people knew not to mess with you. His celestial bronze knuckles were hooked to a caribiner which was hooked to his belt loop. There were all sorts of things attached to his belt loop all of them he relied on to survive.

Joey took off his black zip up hoody and threw it over his shoulder. He had a white undershirt on and a pair of ripped up faded blue jeans. He had new sneakers which he stole from a foot locker. His brown hair flowed slightly in the breeze. He glanced around and noticed that there was a golden dragon laying down and looking right across his shoulder. How could he miss something like that?! The Dragon looked like it was looking at something important. He turned around to see who or what it was looking at.

He saw a girl a little younger then him with shoulder length brown hair and brown eyes to match. She looked faintly familiar... Well, at least someone was here. He started walking over to her when a hell hound appeared from the grass. They really needed to mow because this thing was no joke but it could still hide in the grass. He slid his celestial bronze fists onto his hands. "Hey Ugly!" He was calling to the hell hound and it turned around. It now sensed that it was in slight danger. It took a step towards Joey and growled. "I am not impressed."
Back to top Go down
Alyson Queen

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   April 27th 2010, 5:09 pm

Alyson scrambled back as the dog...THING came closer. Her eyes light up with fear. It bared its teeth, as if ready for a easy meal. Suddenly, a boy Alyson (obviously) didn't know yelled at it. Alyson stayed quiet as the thing turned its head to the boy, who apparently was INSANE! Who would actually walk up to a monster?! Then again, Alyson had always been the only one who could see the monsters. A spark of hope light up as she saw the boy was looking right at it. He HAD to see it! He just HAD to!

Alyson shook away the spark as she saw the monster step towards the boy. He was going to be killed! Alyson noticed though, some type of glove or something on his hands. Her curiousity grew as her ADHD seemed to forget there was a MONSTER right in front of her. She heard it growl, which brought her back to her sences.

Alyson slowly stood. The dog froze and turned its head slightly to her. Its eyes went from Aly to the boy. Alyson had no place to go and no weapons.... then again, she had no idea how to kill this thing. She looked at the boy. He seemed to know what he was doing. Suddenly, while Alyson was looking away, the oversized dog growled and tackled Alyson to the ground. Alyson screamed as she felt herself be pinned down. This position was oddly familiar.. oh yeah, it had happened BEFORE. Except... even then, Alyson had no idea who had saved her. Maybe the boy would pull through and save her. For all she knew though, it could be his monster, pet, thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   April 28th 2010, 12:19 am

Joey stood there being as still as possible hell hounds were not stupid. And if you made the wrong move then they will hurt you. That has been proven over and over. The hell hound looked at him then back at the girl. It seemed to like the small defenseless girl more then the big male with knuckles. It turned and launched itself at her. Most likely because she stood up. 'Idiot!' He thought to himself who would stand up to a hell hound...oh wait he just did. 'He should really help her out!'He readjusted his knuckles and charged. It didn't seem like the hell hound was to interested in him it just wanted a piece of the girl. That was not going to happen on his watch. He launched himself in the air with a slight grunt and landed on the hell hounds back.

He raised his right arm and shot it down at the hell hound. He hit it with his left hand. Now it is was interested in him. It shot up on its read legs and threw Joey off his back. "Ow!" He got back up and the hell hound turned towards him. Joey grabbed a dagger and threw it slightly under the hell hound. The dagger landed about a foot away from the girl he just hoped she got what he was trying to do.

He took another step back and the hell hound took one forward. He needed to keep its attention on him so the girl could kill it. "I bet those hits hurt! I hit you pretty hard didn't i?" Joey taunted the hell hound. Even if the hell hound didn't know what he was saying he was still yelling at it.
Back to top Go down
Alyson Queen

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   April 30th 2010, 5:11 pm

Alyson screamed and was ready for the blow. Suddenly she heard something weird. She looked up and saw the boy had jump on the things back! Though, it quickly got him off. The monster's attention was now on the boy. Alyson watched the monster, terrified. Suddenly, she heard a thump near by her, also realizing she was still laying down. She turned over slowly and saw a blade a bit longer then a knife's only a foot away from her. She looked up and saw the boy and monster take steps. She had no idea what was going on, but grabbed the kife thing anyway.

She heard the boy yell something at the oversized dog. She watched the two of them then looked at the blade. What was she supposed to do?! Suddenly, the dog gowled and bent down like it was about to leap at the boy. Alyson's eyes widened. She had seen this same type of thing do this, right before the woman had died. She had to do something! Alyson bit her lip and looked at the monster. This was just like with the Johnsons, when she had thrown the kitchen knives at the wall to kill a spider! Alyson watched the monster and right when it was in the air, she threw the blade as hard as she could. It didn't hit it in the head but it did hit close enough to the heart area to cause it to explode into dust.

Alyson looked at the place where the dog used to be. Just dust, like the one only a little while ago. Aly looked at the knife in her hand and looked up at the boy. "You seem to know a lot about that thing. What was it?" Aly asked, clenching the blade, ready to attack incase her tried anything funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 2nd 2010, 10:55 pm

Joey took another step back. He did not want to die today but he didn't need to worry about that. He knew he could survive. The hell hound crouched he was ready to dive to either side. Then it exploded into dust. Inside he was slightly disappointed. He loved fighting monsters he thrived off of it but the girl still did a good job. He noticed the girl looking slightly confused yet maybe slightly more intrigued. Maybe she would get the taste of monster killing. "Good job! He meant it. She seemed kind of fragile but maybe she just looked like that because Joey was larger then her...much larger.

She asked if he knew about the hell hound. Only to well. "Yeah i know about this beast. It is called a Hell Hound. One of the more common greek monsters. The ones with multiple heads are rare. Yes these things can have multiple heads." He laughed slightly he had never actually encountered one with multiple heads but he knew they existed. "So, you have fought a monster before right?" If she hadn't Joey would be very surprised but at the same time thrilled. He could show her different types of monsters.

Then it hit him. What if she didn't know she was a half-blood. He knew because a satyr told him a while ago and he researched it. "You do know that you are a half-blood. If you don't then this might be a little...new to you."
Back to top Go down
Alyson Queen

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 2nd 2010, 11:27 pm

Alyson watched the boy intently as he spoke. She noted every twich and movement. After having two peope closest to her, she was paranoid of everyone. Though, this boy seemed fine so she just tilted her head in curiousity. There were more of these things!? Some with mre than one head? That was a mix between cool and scarey. She shook her head to the boy's question though... Then nodded, but didn't say anything. Any answer could lead to personal information that this boy didn't need to know.

The next thing he said confused her, a lot. "What is a half-blood?" Alyson asked, giving the boy a child-like look. What did he mean by, 'this would be new to her'? She wasn't even planning on staying. All she wanted was a bit of food and get back to the city before nightfall. Though, she did like meeting new people....just not ones that held her up on her plans. Alyson glanced around, looking for the truck. Hopefully she wouldn't miss it going back to the city.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 2nd 2010, 11:47 pm

((I will reply to this tomorrow!))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 3rd 2010, 1:10 pm

Joey laughed a little bit. She didn't know anything about being a half-blood. "Well..." Joey stopped and thought about what he was going to have to say. He had never done this before. It was extremely different for him. "Well...uh a Half-blood is..." He crossed his arms and sighed.

"A Half-blood means that you are the son or daughter of a Greek god or goddess. I an actually unclaimed right now meaning my godly parent hasn't claimed me yet. I am not sure how people get claimed but a old friend of mine told me they did." He had some trouble explaining this. "This is camp Half-Blood. It's where all the half-bloods stay for safety. My friend said right when you get to that tree you pass some sort of magical barrier that keeps monsters out."

He looked at the girl and wondered how she took it all in. When his friend told him about everything he just sat there for around fifteen minutes. He always knew there was something different about him and when his friend told him he believed him completely. "By the way what is your name?" He laughed at himself for not even asking that simple question.
Back to top Go down
Alyson Queen

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 3rd 2010, 7:03 pm

Alyson gave the boy a funny look. "Okay, so I am half a Greek god or goddess... just one question. What are Greek gods and goddess?" Alyson tilted her head confused. She never exactly got a good education. She remembered older kids menchoning the Greek gods but she never learn what, or who they were. She was 8 after all!

"And, if monsters don't get us once we get past that tree, shouldn't we go sand over there instead of where the Hellhound just attacked us?" Alyson heard the truck coming but decided to hang here for a while. Whoever this kid was, at least he had a good story to tell. Though, the claiming thing was a bit confusing. "Is the claiming like getting adopted?" Alyson asked. She had heard the lady at the place use that word when kids were adopted everynow and then.

"My name is Alyson Queen. Call me Aylson. Call me Aly, I break your arm. So what's your name?" Alyson asked with an innocent smile, though knew that one bit was not even close to innocent. She hated it when people called her Aly. The only people allowed to call her that were dead because of the Hellhound monster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 3rd 2010, 10:35 pm

Joey shook his head. She just asked what Greek gods and goddesses were. He had a lot to tell her. "Well, have you ever heard of greek mythology? The story is that there are tons of different gods and goddesses who...well do pretty awesome things. They keep the world in balance. There the twelve main gods and goddesses. Zues, Poseidon, Hades, Artemis, Hermes, Ares, Hephaestus, Hera, Apollo, Demeter, Dionysus and Athena. They all have different skills or powers. I won't get into them all but someone like Hermes is the god of travelers, messages, thieves and some other stuff. From what i can tell if he is your father you might be really good at stealing."

Then she asked if it was like adopting. "Not really..." Joey hadn't yet experienced the feeling of getting claimed. "It is actually like finding your real parent. You will finally know who your mother or father is. I haven't yet felt it but i am sure it is great. " He didn't want to say anything to confusing or harsh since she was after all much younger then he was.

"My name is Joey, Joey Singleton. You can call me Joey anything else and well...i don't really care." he smiled and looked over at the tree. "I guess we should go over to the border. You are welcome by the way." He was talking about the hell hound of course.
Back to top Go down
Alyson Queen

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 4th 2010, 12:05 am

Alyson shook her head then nodded then shook her head. "Um, only a little." Alyson looked at the boy as he started naming off a few of these Greek gods and goddess. She had heard a few of the names before! Not many but a few. Wait, he was talking about the mythological Greek gods and goddesses? Alyson blinked as she realized this. She had heard more insane things, but this was still weird. Though, she might as well hang around. It wasn't like she had anything better to do.

When the boy started talking about claiming, she broke from her trance and looked with curiousity. So, claiming was like her real mom or dad coming back for her? Yeah right, like that was ever going to happen. She lived at enough homes to know that no one cared for to long if you acted like yourself. All she cared about was a place to sleep and getting something to eat.

"Joey...nice name." Alyson smiled in a giggling way. She looked up at the tree with curious eyes as her stomach gave a loud growl. Aly bit her lip and looked up at Joey. "There wouldn't happen to be food past that border....would there?" Alyson asked. Once she got food, she was good for about a day. That way, the boy could tell her all about whatever half-bloods were, and Greek mythology that was apparently real to him, and maybe she could finally see what was even on the other side of this stupid hill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 4th 2010, 10:08 am

Joey laughed as multiple different emotions passed over Alysons face. "You will get used it it. I am pretty sure there are some classes down there to teach people about the Greek gods and goddesses. Plus i bet all the campers are super involved in it. He glanced over his shoulder tot he tree. She mentioned food and he remembered something about a strawberry patch.

"I think there is a strawberry patch over that way." He pointed just over the hill to the strawberries. "I also heard that there was a dining pavilion with an all you can eat buffet." He smiled he was getting hungry just talking about it. "Shall we?" He looked to the strawberry patch.

"If you don't mind me asking, where do you come from? I am from Cali. Great place not to many monsters though. Manhattan seems to attract the most monsters and i heard San Fran was crawling with them." He was talking to himself but it seemed as if he was talking to Alyson.
Back to top Go down
Alyson Queen

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 4th 2010, 5:47 pm

Alyson nodded happily. The Greek gods and goddesses sounded like a fun thing to study on. Though, because of her dyslexia would cause her not to learn it very well. Though, she wondered where THERE was. All she knew was that there was a strawberry field on the other side of the hill. There couldn't be a whole school.... could there? Alyson rolled her eyes and looked back at the bo- Joey.

She smiled when he said there was a stawberry patch, though her eyes widened when he said something about a buffet. Could there really be that much food beyond this little hill. She looked at Joey and nodded her head, walking with him up the hill. She was eager to go over. Even without a dinner pavilion, there were still strawberries.

Suddenly, Joey asked where she had come from. She glanced at him then in front of her. This was a bit personal. Of course, everything was personal to her. She listened to what he said and rose an eyebrow. What was a California dude doing here? She shrugged, knowing she had to answer his question. "I kind of live everywhere. Anywhere I can find a roof and food. Though, I like the country to most." Aly smiled, remembering the fun times she had had with the man who had last adopted her. He had a huge home in the country and many acres of land. She had loved it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 4th 2010, 7:04 pm

He took a couple steps with Alyson. She told him that she lived everywhere but liked the country most. "I also lived on the streets not fun at all." He could tell that this was a diffucult subject for her so he left it be. She seemed to like the country though. "I heard there were flying horses here." He smiled his friend told him that. His friend told him tons of stuff about camp half-blood.

He walked up to the edge of hill. He looked down at the valley below it was amazing. Multiple cabins and other types of buildings. There was an arena and some sort of stable. "This place is amazing!" He saw someone at the water making some sort of whirlpool. There were a couple kids growing strawberries. Others were...they were flying on Pegasus'! "this place is amazing!"

"I am so going to get on one of those Pegasus' He had the biggest smile in the world. Why hadn't he stayed here?! "So, i think this is better then living in an alley!" He looked at Alyson. "Shall we descend into awesomeness?" he most likely was happier then she was
Back to top Go down
Alyson Queen

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 4th 2010, 10:21 pm

Alyson nodded, though she knew he had taken what she said wrong. She didn't wonder the streets her whole life, not till she ran away from the orphanage at least. Even then, she was quickly found and stayed with someone. After he died, then she traveled around. She had only been in New York for something less than a month. Aly looked up though when he said something about flying horses. That would be cool. She had stayed withthis family once that had horses in the country and they would ride at least four times a week! Flying horses would be great.

Alyson skipped the rest of the way. Once she got up the hill she stopped. "OH MY GOSH!" Aly's eyes widened and her mouth dropped open. This plcae was amazing. People on flying horses, people moving water, people with bows and arrows and swords and daggers. She even saw a few other kids of weapons. All the kids looked different, but a few groups looked similar. She noticed the cabins, which looked like they had been made based off of some specific thing. One had an owl, her favorite animal, on it. Another looked like it popped right out of the ocean, a place she had only been once. Yet another looked like pure death! Geeze, she couldn't even name all of them.

Alyson thin glance around and found an area that looked like a giant stadium...made of stone! And there was an area with a lot of people shooting of arrows. Not to menchon, a huge woods area. Beyond the woods, Alyson could see a huge ocean, though she couldn't see the beach. She was just to short. Her eyes stayed at the ocean for a second then wondered over to the strawberry fields, her stomach growled, a huge barn like house, and finally, a place with a bunch of tables. One looked a bit more crowded than the others but not to crowded. Maybe because lunch was over a while ago.

Alyson smiled, though it quickly turned into a grin. "Totally! Lets go eat!" Alyson jumped up and down and practically jumped half-way down the hill. She stopped though, remembering Joey and she should probably wait for him. She turned around with a little kid's smile, one that showed on her face only when she was really hyper, meeting new people, wanted to act like a little kid, or just excited. "Hurry up Joey! I'm hungery but I don't want to leave you behind!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 4th 2010, 10:55 pm

Joey laughed as Alyson launched herself down the hill. "Coming i am coming!" He ran after and since he was older he was a little faster. And caught up with her. "I bet i can beat you there! I am going to have so much food!" He thought to himself about the different food he was going to have. He couldn't wait to taste it!

((Hey i am really srry it is so short but i didn't know if you wanted to make a whole new thread or continue this one))
Back to top Go down
Alyson Queen

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 4th 2010, 11:43 pm

((hmm. not yet but soon))

Alyson laughed and ran a ways closer to the pavilion. "You're on. Loser gets the winners first round of food!" Alyson giggled and took off before Joey could figure out what was happening. She knew Joey was bigger than her, probably faster. Though, that didn't really mean he was faster. She learned that skipping actually gives you a faster start then running. So, she started skipping then, when Joey came close she took off running. Though, she had a feeling she wouldn't win. Alwell. It gave people confidence to win, and maybe.... Alyson giggled quietly. No way was she losing. As soon as Joey started to pass her, she faked tripping and feel on the ground. "OW!" Alyson squealed, grabbing her leg. She hid her grin though, ready to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 5th 2010, 9:32 am

Alyson was skipping when she screamed out that they were racing and what the stakes are. "You are so on!" He laughed and ran after her. Once he had caught up she tripped and fell and was holding her leg. He stopped short and ran back up the hill to help her. "Are you okay?" He reached down to help her up. Then he realized she was most likely faking it.

His first initial reaction was to leave her but what if she was actually serious. He would feel terrible if she was actually hurt. Joey looked at where she was holding her leg. Her hands were covering it so he couldn't really see what was up. He crouched down next to her and touched her shoulder as a sort comforting thing.
Back to top Go down
Alyson Queen

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 6th 2010, 12:42 am

Alyson held her leg tightly as Joey knelt down next to her, placing a hand on her shoulder Perfect. She looked at him with sad eyes, though they held a hint of mischief. She nodded and fixed herself so she could get up in a fast way, but was still able to do what she needed. She took her hands away from her leg, revealing nothing but a small scratch. Hey, she was just over dramatising it, but there WAS something there. Anyways, she grabbed Joey's hand and pulled forward. She jumped out of the way and let go off his hand. Hopefully he wouldn't catch himself and would fall into the soft grass. Yes soft, she didn't want to hurt him! Either way, she was able to jump up and started running back to the dinner pavillion. As soon as she set a foot on the pavillion, she looked over her shoulder, praying Joey had followed. He was tough and older than her, so there was no way that slowed him down to much...

((post here than you can make a thread under the pavillion....if thats okay Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   May 6th 2010, 9:54 am

Joey was caught off guard. Yes she tricked him. He fell on the soft grass although he most likely could have held firm but she was eight and he didn't want to hurt her. He laughed and she bolted down the rest of the hill. He jumped up to his feet and launched himself after her. She was extremely quick and had a huge head start. He saw she stepped foot in the pavilion first. Oh, well he guessed he had to give her his first plate of food.

((I will go post in it now))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))   Today at 12:39 am

Back to top Go down

I Just Wanted Some Food! ((Open))
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1