Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Adrenalin needs ((Open))

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Adrenalin needs ((Open))   May 4th 2010, 4:40 pm

Joey walked slowly into the woods. He slipped his knuckles and cracked his neck. Fun time. If anyone saw they would surely think he was insane. He loved to fight monsters and he heard that the woods was the best place to find them. He slipped his belt off it held all of his accessories. Such as drachmas, nectar, ambrosia tablets and things of the sort. He threw some leaves over it so no Hermes kids would take it.

He slipped off his jacket and hung it on a low tree branch. He was wearing a white t-shirt and black jeans. He had a necklace that looked a lot like the surfers wear. He got it back in California it had a couple beads on each side and a shark tooth in the middle. He took more steps into the woods. "Here we go."

He moved deeper and deeper in the forest. He really hoped that his knuckles would be enough to save him. He had won tons of fights with them but every time he used them he was scared they weren't enough. He might as well start to attract monsters. The only problem was that he wasn't claimed so he didn't know what special powers he could have.

"Oh, Monsters!!! Come and get me!" He laughed. "Is anything hungry?!" He was mocking the monsters in a way. He didn't know if calling them attracted them but hopefully it did. He heard a twig snap and he swung around to face the noise. There was a rustle over in the trees. 'Here we go!' he thought to himself. "Come on out and meet your match!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adrenalin needs ((Open))   May 4th 2010, 5:09 pm

Sionus walked out of the bushes, Vine, which was a real vine, but changed into a sword, around his shoulder and waist. When he heard the voice, he knew monsters would soon be involved, this could be a time to test my powers, he thought. Immediately, Vine turned into the sword with grapes carved into the handle. He knew he had saw him, "Sionus Desperdo, son of Dionysus." he said, but holding his sword high in case he was startled and attacked him. "Are you crazy? Coming out into the woods, with nothing but your hands? I'll help you if you want it." he said to him.

This kid was crazy, if he remembered correctly, this was Joey Singleton from the Hermes Cabin, yes, that was it, he had seen him when he was in there. Right behind him he heard rustling, just then one of the giant scorpions, which were from the year of the Battle of the Labyrinth, he remembered hearing that story. Without even thinking, vines came shooting out of the ground and wrapped around it, "I guess you won't be of any help against this guy without a sword of some sort." He lunged at the scorpion, but its tail was still free, and managed to snap the vine coming towards the tail and landed an inch from Sionus. Apparently Vine could turn into a bow as well he found out when it turned into a bow, also engraved with a grape.

Was this a blessing? He aimed at the head and shot it a little below the mark, he wasn't the best at archery, but he was good, immediately the scorpion turned to dust. "I guess you see now why you couldn't have used your hands, one, you would be dead, 2, that thing would have stabbed you, especially without me using whatever I did." he said, but whatever he looked like on the outside, on the inside, he was drained. He felt like he could sleep forever.

"I feel like I could fight forever." he lied to Joey, that was fun, but fun could be dangerous sometimes. "Do whatever you want, if you leave, I will leave, I won't fight alone, if you stay, I will stay, keeping you from getting yourself killed." He realized then, that he was no longer holding Vine, but it was around him like it should be when he didn't need it, and at the moment, he didn't need it. He then heard a howl from a hellhound deeper in the forest. He turned to Joey and said, "You want to go get it?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adrenalin needs ((Open))   May 4th 2010, 6:56 pm

Joey stared at the bushes. There was a boy around his age and he seemed to be the son of Dionysus. He knew that because of his weapon and where it came from. It was a vine of his should and waist and it turned into a sword. He held it up in a fighting position in case Joey attacked. Joey wouldn't attack another human for no reason.

"Hey, Sionus. My name is Joey Singleton and i am currently unclaimed." He din;t mind being unclaimed because he knew once he was claimed he would have to start training his powers and no matter how cool that would be it would defiantly take tons of energy. "I guess i am a little crazy but isn't everyone slightly mad?" He grinned.

"By the way isn't your father the god of madness? Or he can make people go mad something like that." He wasn't being rude he was just wondering. "By the way i do have a weapon. there was a caribeaner left on his belt. Hooked to it were to celestial bronze knuckles. they fit him perfectly and joey slipped them on with ease.

Suddenly a giant scorpion appeared out of no where. he had never fought one of these but he was eager to try his hand at one. "I don't really need a sword and i never practiced with one anyway." Sionus single handedly destroyed the scorpion. "Wow that is an amazing weapon! It turns back and forth?!" Joey had never seen a weapon like that much less seen another half-blood fight. "Plus those vines! Amazing!" He was in awe but he quiclly regained his composure. He saw another scorpion off to his right. "Trust me i can actually fight this thing with these." He held up his fists and smiled.

He ran straight towards the scorpion. He really didn't know how to fight one of those things but he was sure if he broke the tail he could dodge the pincers. He dove to the side just in time the tail slashed down in front of him. he launched himself at the back of the tail. If he was right the tail couldn't stab him as long as he stayed on. He was near the middle of the tail. his right slipped off but he used it to his advantage. He slammed it back down and with his strength and the added pressure from the knuckles it broke. The only problem was the monster didn't disparate the tail just fell off. He launched himself on to its back and slammed his fist down. Thankfully it killed it. He landed with a slight thud on the ground dust sprayed all around him. All that was left of the monsters was the little bit of tail.

"Not the best fight in the world but hey i got the job done!" He smiled and got up wiped the dust off of his but and reached down to pick the tail up. "Do you think this thing could still have poison in it?" It would be amazing if he could somehow turn it into a weapon. he glanced up at Sionus. "Maybe i do need a real weapon." He smiled and shrugged his shoulders a little bit. Back in Manhattan he used a rusty old pipes and different things he picked up from the street.

((I look at this and realize it is slightly unrealistic. Sryy))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adrenalin needs ((Open))   May 4th 2010, 9:16 pm

"Yes, he is the god of madness. I knew you were the Joey kid, and I knew you were unclaimed, but it doesn't matter." he said, "I have no idea how I did the vines thing and how it changed into a bow, I had no idea." When he told him he had that fist thingy, and another scorpion appeared, "Don't..." but it was to late, when he got back. "That was way to dangerous, you shouldn't have done that. It probably does have poison, and yes, you do need a real weapon. I wouldn't test me with anything, you already know I can do the vine thing, but that tires me out, but I may also be able to make you mad for a minute or so. I had no control over the vines, they just came, maybe I did, but still, I might have tried it. We should also get out of this area before another one comes, like I said, lets go get that hellhound. I hope that vines don't just appear like last time, if they do, I will be to tired to fight, and if that happens, you would be on your own."

He was gaining energy back, but he still was tired. He started walking into the forest, to where the hellhound sounded its howl. Soon he came upon it. He had no idea if Joey was there, maybe he could make animals or monsters go mad. He willed the hellhound to go crazy, and it did. That drained a lot of his energy, but he managed while it was still lumbering around in circles, stab it. He then sat at the foot of where he stabbed it, exhausted. "I can carry myself Joey, if you are there." he said.

((Sorry about the short post, I have nothing to post about right now.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adrenalin needs ((Open))   May 4th 2010, 10:11 pm

Joey listened intently to Sionus. This guy definatly knew what he was talking about and he wasn't going to pass up knowledge. Because knowledge was power and he liked power. "Uh..yeah thanks." HE walked after Sionus slightly behind him. Maybe he didn't see him but he found the hell hound and totally made it go insane. He looked really tired after killing it and joeys initail reaction was to help.

He ran up to Sionus and put a hand on his shoulder. Sionus said he was find so he let him go. Hoepfully Sionus didn't just pass out. "See hell hounds are easier to kill with these." He held up his fists. "Much easier to hop on there back and hit them in the head. I would be good to fight other demigods though." He knew that fighting other demigods were his specialty even if he didn't like doing it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adrenalin needs ((Open))   May 5th 2010, 7:15 pm

"I don't think so Joey. Also, don't be fighting any demigods unless they are on the enemy side or in Capture the Flag." he said, he got up steadily. "Let's head back before dinner, I've heard it is supposed to be steak tonight, now that's what you call a good dinner." he said walking slowly towards where he and Joey came. Vine was around his shoulders again, he finally passed where he fought the scorpion and the he could see the entrance to where he came. His energy was coming back so he ran for it, knowing that no monster would be that close and made it out alive, that was the important thing when you went into the woods monster hunting. He could already smell the steak as they were being cooked or whatever they did. He didn't make sure Joey was behind him, he just ran up the hill to the Mess Hall, he was the only one in the Dionysus Cabin, and all the other Cabins were already coming up.

((You want to make a new thread in the Mess Hall?))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adrenalin needs ((Open))   May 6th 2010, 9:51 am

((Sure if you want you can do it!))

Joey nodded this kid seemed to know a lot about Camp. Thank the gods he did because Joey certainly needed to know as much as he could. He announced that dinner was almost ready and he realized how hungry he was. "Lets!" Joey smiled and walked over to where he had entered the woods. "I will meet you there! I have to grab my jacket!" He ran back to where he had left it and thankfully no Hermes kid had come by. He swiped it of the branch and threw it over his shoulder. He ran over by the tree he hid his stuff at. He quickly clipped everything on and ran towards the dining pavilion. He was tired but he was extremely hungry and he could smell the steak. Joey noticed the Hermes cabin walking up from the armory, he just ignored them and walked up to Sionus' table. "So, i know i'm not supposed to sit here...but can i?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adrenalin needs ((Open))   May 6th 2010, 4:50 pm

(Let's continue this in the Mess Hall, take an exerpt from your post for the first post of the new thread)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adrenalin needs ((Open))   Today at 12:40 am

Back to top Go down

Adrenalin needs ((Open))
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1