Thalia's Pine Tree

A roleplaying site based off of Rick Riordans series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Arrows are for Apollo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elizabeth Dalai

PostSubject: Arrows are for Apollo   May 8th 2010, 10:45 am

Elizabeth walked into the armory and picked up a bow she saw that they hadn’t changed the targets yet from the last archery class. She wasn’t expecting anything fancy to shoot at but still she did expect to see no holes in them. Then she pulled back and shot but it hit only the last line on the target.”Darn it I thought that I could at least be good with a bow.” Elizabeth was really frustrated with her self just because she couldn’t shoot an arrow.

She was at least a little impressed cause she did hit the target when she thought that it would hit the ground not but 2 inches from her feet. She thought that she was a little bit better with a sword than an arrow. She then took the arrow from the target and took another shot. That time she got it to the second line. That was a little bit better but she still expected the same thing. Then she heard foot steps behind her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Arrows are for Apollo   May 8th 2010, 2:24 pm

Markus swung his spear, slicing through the dummy that was before him. His blade sliced through the straw, sending pieces of the yellow substance into the air. Markus wrinkled his nose as the dust from the dummy finally reached his face. “Ah-chew!” he said as he sneezed, spraying saliva in front of him. This was the fifth time that Markus had sneezed while training, and he was getting frustrated because of that. Markus had taken to practicing with his spear as much as possible, standing in the armory in practice armor that he had found in the armory. The stores had only one set his size, and it was made of leather, giving him a range of motion but not much protection. Then again, he was only practicing; how much shielding would he need?

“Darn it I thought that I could at least be good with a bow.”

The phrase sounded off to Markus’s right, from the direction of the targets. Looking in that direction, Markus saw a young girl standing with a bow in her hands, a quiver of arrows at her side. She looked to be practicing her archery skills, but from the arrow that was shooting out of the target, Markus didn’t think she was that good. Markus had yet to try a bow and arrow, but something told him he wouldn’t be that good at it. Still, he thought he would give it a try. He slung the spear into the back strap that he had found in the armory storehouse and made his way over to the targets, picking up a bow and some arrows along the way.

Picking the target right next to the young girl, Markus strung the bow and fit an arrow to the string. He pulled back on the string, balancing the tip of the arrow on his left hand’s fingers. His right hand pulled back on the string until his thumb knuckled was touching his chin bone. It was the way he had seen people on the television shoot a bow and arrow, but he had never really done it himself. Another thing he didn’t know how to do was aim, especially since the wooden bow had no sights. Markus tried aiming, but he didn’t think he would get it right. Letting the arrow fly, he saw that he really hadn’t aimed properly when the arrow shot just to the right of the target. “Ah man, I thought I had it,” he said. “I guess it’s harder than it seems,” Markus said, turning to the little girl that was at his side.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Dalai

PostSubject: Re: Arrows are for Apollo   May 8th 2010, 3:11 pm

What the.” Elizabeth turned to see a boy right beside her. “Who are you?” She was surprised to see some one practicing with her. “My names Elizabeth,” she said with a smile. He looked like a kid that could fight with a sword. “Did you hear that, you know what I said?”

She wanted to ask him if he could teach her how to fight with a sword but she didn’t really know him yet. “I take it you’re not good with a bow and arrow either,” she asked him in surprise. Elizabeth took another arrow pulled back and released this time it passed the target and hit the wall. Then it bounced back and she almost got an arrow in her ear if she hadn’t ducked. Then it went toward him. “Whoops."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Arrows are for Apollo   May 9th 2010, 12:27 am

“Markus Jones, unclaimed,” Markus told the young girl with a nod, pulling another arrow from the quiver he had grabbed along with his bow. He didn’t really think he would ever be needed as an archer, but that didn’t meant it would never happen. Besides, having a basic knowledge of every weapon couldn’t hurt. In fact, Markus reasoned that it would come in handy if he was ever without his spear or battle-axe and had to use a weapon he didn’t normally use. Of course, he wasn’t going to be proficient with every weapon, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t be decent at every weapon and the master of a few. He was already feeling pretty familiar with his spear, but he knew he had a long way to go.

Markus chuckled a bit as Elizabeth commented on his skill with a bow. “Yeah, I guess I’m not that good with this thing,” Markus admitted. He put the arrow to the string and pulled back. The string pulled taut and Markus focused on trying to figure out how to aim. The last time he had been wide of the target, so he aimed a bit to correct his mistake and fired again. The arrow found the target, hitting the outside of the target’s concentric circles. It seemed that Elizabeth’s luck with the bow wasn’t as good as Markus’s either. He chuckled before saying, “Next time, you should wear a helmet. That way you won’t have to worry about an arrow hurting that pretty little head of yours.” He winked at the young girl before pulling out another arrow.
Back to top Go down
Laura Arai
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arrows are for Apollo   May 9th 2010, 9:58 am

HEPHAESTUS

Peering up into a one way I.M. he sent to camp, Hephaestus spotted his son. He was trying to shoot a bow and arrows. He could improve if he kept at it, but his son's true place was in the forges.

There was a young girl standing next to him, also attempting to shoot a bow and arrows. She was a daughter of Ares, the god his wife was cheating with. Ares angered him, but this girl was not Ares.

With a wave of his hand a hammer appeared over his son, Markus', head. Hephaestus had claimed his child. With that he let the I.M. fade and returned to his work.

((Yeah . . . . . . = _ =" I know = _ ="))

Credit to Astra Gahne <3
Rainbow ninjas riding on purple unicorns with cyan pandas!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thaliaspinetree.forumotions.net
Elizabeth Dalai

PostSubject: Re: Arrows are for Apollo   May 9th 2010, 10:04 am

Elizabeth took a nother shot and it almost hit the target"YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS," she said as she did a cartweal. "ummm... did I just scream that out loud?" Elizabeth wa blushing with imbaresment. She wanted to run out of the armory but she liked talking with him. She went to retrieve her arrow.

"Me eather, I gess you could figure that out by your self." Elizabeth saw what he was doing so she did the same. Unfortunetly it only went two feet. Elizabeth went to get a helmet just in case. "Hey wait a minute. You are so mean!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Arrows are for Apollo   May 10th 2010, 12:37 am

Markus watched as the girl standing next to him readied another arrow. His weren’t doing all that well, but it was good to be able to practice with someone who wouldn’t make him feel like he was the worst archer in the world. He cringed a bit as she yelled her excitement over hitting the target, excitement which flowed into a cartwheel. However, when she came out of the gymnastics move, Markus couldn’t help but chuckle as her cheeks grew red in embarrassment. “Don’t worry about it,” Markus told her with a wink. “I think if I hit the target as well as you did, I might do a cartwheel myself.”

The girl moved to get the helmet that he suggested she get, and Markus shook his head in disbelief. He hadn’t been serious, but he didn’t think the young girl understood the deep complexities of sarcasm just yet. He pulled out another arrow and made to shoot it. As he aimed, Markus had to squint to see the target as some form of light appeared right above his eyes. What is that!? he asked himself, relieving the tension in the string and dropping the bow. He looked for the source of the light and found a small hammer that was hovering right above his forehead. “Umm…. What is that?” Markus asked the girl he had been practicing with. “Isn’t the hammer the sign of Hephaestus? Have I just been claimed?”

The thought of his claiming actually having happened was too much for him. He hadn’t been at camp for more than a week, and here he was, finding out that he was a son of the forge. He felt a desire to pick up a hammer and smack something rising inside of him. “I think I was just claimed!” Jumping up, Markus did a cartwheel, one of the few gymnastics moves he knew how to perform. A girlfriend had taught him, and he had said that he would do one if he got super excited. Well, Markus guessed his dad had a funny sense of humor because he was now eating his words.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Dalai

PostSubject: Re: Arrows are for Apollo   June 1st 2010, 3:59 pm

“Yea I have been in a few of those.” Elizabeth put down her bow and arrow and looked up with a smile. “I hope you’re ready to go to a new cabin.” She thought it was kind of funny how he did a cartwheel. She picked her bow and arrow back up and shot the arrow at the target. It missed by a long shot.

“Dang it and I just got one… oh sorry we were talking about how you just got claimed.” Elizabeth started to blush in embarrassment. She put her bow and arrow back down. She looked at him and thought he was going to great in his new cabin. He was probably going to be a lot less cramped in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrows are for Apollo   

Back to top Go down

Arrows are for Apollo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thalia's Pine Tree :: Camp Half-Blood :: Armory-
Jump to: